Just Helped My Friend to Relocate His Batt!!

Satrianeo_2012

Did it on Friday night actually at one of the most unusual places...... in a shopping centre basement carpark.....lol...... [laugh] [laugh]

The whole process took over 3hrs. Started work at around 8pm and finish around 11.20pm.....

Sorry I didn't take any pics...

The main benefit is improved battery lifespan. Its known that engine bay heat does shorten the lifespan of a battery (just google around). Since engine bay temp is easily 60-70C, putting it in the trunk will reduce temp by well over 20-30C. Hence battery will last longer.

Another benefit is perhaps improved weight distribution. No idea about this though. But I think Satria Neo is front heavy since engine and gearbox is in the front. Putting battery Behind will help to reduce ~15KG from the front and add another 15KG to the back. OVerall, there is a 30KG change in weight distribution. Quite alot if you ask me.

Hence those Satria Neo owners may want to relocate their batt to the rear. Not a difficult task but time consuming. Need to take out seats. part of the carpet etc.....

↡ Advertisement

errrrr.....u know batt contains sulfuric acid and emits toxic fumes when it's hot? congrats, u juz helped ur fren drive around in a satria gashouse.

Battery emit gas during charging. H2, O2, etc.

For those stock battery installed in the rear, they have a small hose attached to the battery to draw out the gas to outside.

errrrr.....u know batt contains sulfuric acid and emits toxic fumes when it's hot? congrats, u juz helped ur fren drive around in a satria gashouse.

Do you know whats the meaning of get lost??? You don't own a Satria Neo and neither do you drive a Proton, so don't come here and post. Get lost.

kiang jiu ho,mai kay kiang.

Do you know whats the meaning of get lost??? You don't own a Satria Neo and neither do you drive a Proton, so don't come here and post. Get lost.

Battery emit gas during charging. H2, O2, etc.

For those stock battery installed in the rear, they have a small hose attached to the battery to draw out the gas to outside.

[bounce1][bounce1][bounce1]

[bounce1][bounce1][bounce1]

I say again, GET LOST....... FUG OFF.........

Go create your own thread and post all you want...... I never come and disturb your threads so don't come and disturb mine.

si bei ya ya.. ask people to get lost. You think Lotus technology big fcuk?

Edited by Rubberkotex

People 好心 tell you that when battery get hot, it emits harmful gases and you should take note of it if you wish to shift battery to the back of the car.

People with good intentions and yet you anyhow tell people get lost?? Sigh..

People 好心 tell you that when battery get hot, it emits harmful gases and you should take note of it if you wish to shift battery to the back of the car.

Yah lor so rude sia

I have no idea how you managed to find this thread but pls get out and leave me and my thread alone....

If you drive a Proton, I will gladly accept your kind advice..... Else pls keep them to yourself. I don't need any advice from non Protonist....

You don't own a Satria Neo and neither do you drive a Proton, so don't come here and post.

thank god i dun own a satria neo. i wouldn't know where to hide my face.....