Just Helped My Friend to Relocate His Batt!!

Satrianeo_2012

People 好心 tell you that when battery get hot, it emits harmful gases and you should take note of it if you wish to shift battery to the back of the car.

People with good intentions and yet you anyhow tell people get lost?? Sigh..

this mofo is living proof that toxic fumes is bad for the brain..... [laugh][laugh]

I have no idea how you managed to find this thread but pls get out and leave me and my thread alone....

If you drive a Proton, I will gladly accept your kind advice..... Else pls keep them to yourself. I don't need any advice from non Protonist....

But at least be more polite is replying. People don't own you anything right?? Sometimes when you need help, people in this forum will be more willing to give advise. You like this next time you need advise, no one will share with you.

Be humble and will do no harm to you one. [:/]

errrrr.....u know batt contains sulfuric acid and emits toxic fumes when it's hot? congrats, u juz helped ur fren drive around in a satria gashouse.

Well ! Merc B class battery in just below the driver seat and E class is in the boot. However it's true battery o last much longer in cooler location. I yet to replace my battery since day1, already lose to 4 years.

Well ! Merc B class battery in just below the driver seat and E class is in the boot. However it's true battery o last much longer in cooler location. I yet to replace my battery since day1, already lose to 4 years.

engineered safety and a mofo placing a live batt in his cabin hatchback are 2 entirely different things.

We here come and chit chat, talk cork, join in fun and most important share great information and have great laughter. Sometimes information others tell I also new and learn from others. So just join in fun and not be so rude la. [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Yewheng

Did it on Friday night actually at one of the most unusual places...... in a shopping centre basement carpark.....lol...... [laugh] [laugh]

The whole process took over 3hrs. Started work at around 8pm and finish around 11.20pm.....

Sorry I didn't take any pics...

The main benefit is improved battery lifespan. Its known that engine bay heat does shorten the lifespan of a battery (just google around). Since engine bay temp is easily 60-70C, putting it in the trunk will reduce temp by well over 20-30C. Hence battery will last longer.

Another benefit is perhaps improved weight distribution. No idea about this though. But I think Satria Neo is front heavy since engine and gearbox is in the front. Putting battery Behind will help to reduce ~15KG from the front and add another 15KG to the back. OVerall, there is a 30KG change in weight distribution. Quite alot if you ask me.

Hence those Satria Neo owners may want to relocate their batt to the rear. Not a difficult task but time consuming. Need to take out seats. part of the carpet etc.....

Our Driving school all cars batts are behind.....but 1 yr later all diff to start due to high resistance as wires are too long, so all change back to front! it's not proven as far as our school is concern.

We here come and chit chat, talk cork, join in fun and most important share great information and have great laughter. Sometimes information others tell I also new and learn from others. So just join in fun and not be so rude la. [laugh] [laugh]

I agree... Peace to All! [wave]

Supercharged

U r a very nice guy to help your friend in placing the battery to the back.

I think it's also a valid point that some members are telling you. Batteries do emit poisonous gases. The boot of car is not insulated from the car cabin. The gases will go into the car cabin. You can help yr friend by further channelling the gases out of the boot.

Neutral Newbie

Then I will be rude and say again.... FUG OFF.....

You don't have to be so angry.

Understand that you expected to be appreciated for being innovative. But batteries do give off gases. And legally, this modification won't be approved by authorities.

Regarding gases, the maker also advise not to keep the hatch door open with engine running as CO will get in.

Do you know whats the meaning of get lost??? You don't own a Satria Neo and neither do you drive a Proton, so don't come here and post. Get lost.

This is a PUBLIC forum. If you do not like our comment, please create a thread at PROTON FORUM at some proton web site. Never ask people to get lost. THIS IS NOT YOUR FORUM. This is a PUBLIC forum.

You don't have to be so angry.

Understand that you expected to be appreciated for being innovative. But batteries do give off gases. And legally, this modification won't be approved by authorities.

Regarding gases, the maker also advise not to keep the hatch door open with engine running as CO will get in.

No no, you got it wrong. I posted this thread for Satria Neos. Its not about appreciation.

Just for information purpose. Then I don't know why and how did non Proton owners find this thread and start posting.......

Btw, there not nothing innovative at all. Putting batt in the trunk has been around for ages. My first car which is a BMW 318is has its batt in the trunk, then my E39 has its batt in the trunk as well. AFter that, I also put my batt in the trunk for my Celica and so on........

This is a PUBLIC forum. If you do not like our comment, please create a thread at PROTON FORUM at some proton web site. Never ask people to get lost. THIS IS NOT YOUR FORUM. This is a PUBLIC forum.

You can post what you want, I also can post what I want....... So FUG OFF.....

You can post what you want, I also can post what I want....... So FUG OFF.....

Yes. Everyone can post. Do not ask people FUG OFF. FUG YOURSELF OFF FIRST.

Edited by Kweechang
↡ Advertisement