Is there a formula?

MadDog70

How does dealer decide on the used car price?

Is there a formula?

Easiest way for them, current Coe level, divide by 10 then multiply by the number of years left for the 2nd hand car.

Is there a formula?

[laugh] You got to be joking, right?

I think you overestimate the brains of the used car dealer. Formula? Whahahahaha....

*Psst* You think they need a PhD or a Masters Degree to sell car? They are doing a business lah , dey.

Just have to decide on which car to make how much profit lor. E.g small Japanese hatchback $range~$range. Why make things so complicated with formulas? You think what? Rocket science ah? Still have to take out paper, pen & calculator? Prease lah. :D

I think you overestimate the brains of the used car dealer. Formula? Whahahahaha....

*Psst* You think they need a PhD or a Masters Degree to sell car? They are doing a business lah , dey.

Just have to decide on which car to make how much profit lor. E.g small Japanese hatchback $range~$range. Why make things so complicated with formulas? You think what? Rocket science ah? Still have to take out paper, pen & calculator? Prease lah. :D

[laugh][:p][;)]

Is there a formula?

It used to be said that the rule of thumb is the moment the car leaves the showroom it loses 20% and from the second year onwards will lose 10% with each passing year.

But I guess now that COE is much higher than the past and therefore is a more significant component of the price of a car especially for small cars, the valuation "formula" might be different since COE has straight line depreciation without residual value. The annual depreciation will be higher.

[thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]

Dun know answer dun talk so much !!

another storm brewing! :wacko: :wacko: no formula lar...no physics lar.....no chemistry lar......if they think they can carrot the buyer they will slaughter [knife] [knife]

To the dealer, he want big profit.

To the buyer, cheap and good.

Of course, pls do your research first before you sign on the dotted line.

Basically, you need to be aware of the depreciating $$$ per year.

i.e For a B&B japan car depreciating of more than 7K per year is not worth at all.