Golf 1.4 Sport TSI or Astra GTC 1.4 GTC

Lazydala

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I find Astra GTC is quite funky and energetic but Golf 1.4 TSI is popular among buyers.

Under the boot, GTC churns out less 20 horeses than its counterpart Golf 1.4 TSI.

There are quite a number of Golfs on the road but find that Astra GTC is hard to spot on.

What are your opinions on these 2 cars?

Would like to hear pros and cons from serious ownership's view.

post-36445-1345176037_thumb.jpgpost-36445-1345176046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lazydala
↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I find Astra GTC is quite funky and energetic but Golf 1.4 TSI is popular among buyers.

Under the boot, GTC churns out less 20 horeses than its counterpart Golf 1.4 TSI.

There are quite a number of Golfs on the road but find that Astra GTC is hard to spot on.

What are your opinions on these 2 cars?

Would like to hear pros and cons from serious ownership's view.

Between these 2, definitely Astra....Golf is more expensive + boring design + common (as what you said) + gearbox problem. Although Astra less powerful and less torque, it may not affect you much unless you want to drive like backside on fire :) i am a bit concerned by the stock 20" rims though....

Or maybe you can consider Hyundai Veloster Turbo, nice design also, more powerful, more torque and yet cheaper than both of the above....

Edited by Kar_lover

Neutral Newbie

I've a Golf TSI very nice car, great engine, excellent FC, feels "much" car than it supposed to be but be ready for terrible service from Volkswagen and reliability issues with VW cars is not urban legend.

Turbocharged

SOrry...OT again:

I heard some horror stories on Opel cars...although most are commercial vehicles but got 1 fren whose dad owned an old Opel and he complained alot, stalled on the roads before..

Anyway the current Opels looks good but I'm only interested in 1 Model

The Opel Corsa OPC! Think local stopped this model liao...

Saw alot of these in UK (They called it Vauxhall Corsa VXR) and they good really good in flesh...

So far I only saw 1 in SG, a blue color one. I also saw it listed before in SGCARMART but cannot find it already.

Only Evidence.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthrea...-from-Singapore

Supercharged

got 1 fren whose dad owned an old Opel and he complained alot, stalled on the roads before..

and Golf haven't stalled on roads before? [laugh]

prease google DSG problems [sly]

Neutral Newbie

SOrry...OT again:

I heard some horror stories on Opel cars...although most are commercial vehicles but got 1 fren whose dad owned an old Opel and he complained alot, stalled on the roads before..

Anyway the current Opels looks good but I'm only interested in 1 Model

The Opel Corsa OPC! Think local stopped this model liao...

Saw alot of these in UK (They called it Vauxhall Corsa VXR) and they good really good in flesh...

So far I only saw 1 in SG, a blue color one. I also saw it listed before in SGCARMART but cannot find it already.

Only Evidence.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthrea...-from-Singapore

This blue Corsa OPC is a rarity. Looks cute from side view. Ideal for city driving.

Astra GTC is very very nice, and you must get it with the extra big windscreen!

20" wheels are optional extra. I say don't get it and save the $5K or $8K now... save the weight and enjoy the better performance on stock 17".

Turbocharged

and Golf haven't stalled on roads before? [laugh]

prease google DSG problems [sly]

Yup I know...this one so famous dun need to say....just want to highlight Opel also got their fair share of issues...

Edited by Pocus

Not sure about Golf, most opel are local leather and rims.

Get a Mito or Giulietta

Used Mito

Maybe its just me but i find the interior especially the centre console not nice.....given that we spend a lot of time looking at the inside of the car than outside, interior is very important to me....a nice interior, even in a traffic jam, you feel better and not so agitated/impatient...

I'm driving the Astra AH 1.8 for the past 7 years. No stall at all. No big issues. Current mileage is abt 170,000 KM. Can drive till scrap. Only repair the wear and tear parts such as the brake pads, engine belt and water pump, tyres, wipers. Replace one big ticket item that is the air con compressor that cost $500 for a recon set. So far so good. [:p]

Don't hear the old rumors abt opel sucks, expensive maintenance and replace parts, stall on roads. Those are the past history dated in the 90s.

• Praise 1