Golf 1.4 Sport TSI or Astra GTC 1.4 GTC

Lazydala

Yes but speed isn't everything. Sirocco was my first choice initially to be honest but the dsg problems made me change my mind. Features wise gtc is comparable to scirocco except no keyless entry (which is not a need to me).

Tried the veloster turbo as well but the ride wasn't as sweet as the gtc and somehow it looks weird to me (no offence to veloster owners).

Yes but speed isn't everything. Sirocco was my first choice initially to be honest but the dsg problems made me change my mind. Features wise gtc is comparable to scirocco except no keyless entry (which is not a need to me).

Tried the veloster turbo as well but the ride wasn't as sweet as the gtc and somehow it looks weird to me (no offence to veloster owners).

Buy the car that you fancies. No need to justify ur decision, action to others.

There is more to motoring then 0-100km/h.

Dun bother about others' opinion, for any car u buy, there will always be someone who thinks u should have chosen another, made a poor choice, waste ur money etc.......

Enjoy ur ride, it's a cool car.

Did u opt for the 20" rims?

peektures please! ^_^

Buy the car that you fancies. No need to justify ur decision, action to others.

There is more to motoring then 0-100km/h.

Dun bother about others' opinion, for any car u buy, there will always be someone who thinks u should have chosen another, made a poor choice, waste ur money etc.......

Enjoy ur ride, it's a cool car.

Did u opt for the 20" rims?

Hahah I didnt as I will be driving a lot so not feasible for me to do so! Yea but the 20" rims is damn nice!

DO NOT TOUCH OPEL/VAUXHALL!

You will get burn. Owned Astra MK5 and Corsa D. Both have lots of problem. You've been warn!

Yes 5 years warranty are great for your wallet. However your car probably spend more time in the garage/workshop than on the road.......

Mind sharing what were the problems you faced?

Asking, cos I owned several vauxhall (in the UK)and Opel. None were problematic & all, except 2, were/are high mileage eg. Average 30k-40k per year.

Mind sharing what were the problems you faced?

Asking, cos I owned several vauxhall (in the UK)and Opel. None were problematic & all, except 2, were/are high mileage eg. Average 30k-40k per year.

Of course mate. Start with the Astra 1.7 diesel. Brake servo gone after 50k miles. Alternator fail. Less than 3 years old.

Now the Corsa 1.3 diesel. Climate control fail (stuck at hot). Oil sump leaking (gasket need replacing). Less than 2 years old.

All the above cars are brand new when I bought them. Some of my mate one have turbo failure, water pump, gearbox & clutch problem.

My opinion is Vauxhall/Opel are not very far from been Citroen/Peugeot lemon. Because thats not a lot of people own these car in Asia thats why thats not a lot of news on them.

I'll stick with my top 2 cars I've ever own. Nissan Leaf & Toyota Prius. Nothing come close to these car. Bye bye Euro trash.

Edited by Leafable

Of course mate. Start with the Astra 1.7 diesel. Brake servo gone after 50k miles. Alternator fail. Less than 3 years old.

Now the Corsa 1.3 diesel. Climate control fail (stuck at hot). Oil sump leaking (gasket need replacing). Less than 2 years old.

All the above cars are brand new when I bought them. Some of my mate one have turbo failure, water pump, gearbox & clutch problem.

My opinion is Vauxhall/Opel are not very far from been Citroen/Peugeot lemon. Because thats not a lot of people own these car in Asia thats why thats not a lot of news on them.

I'll stick with my top 2 cars I've ever own. Nissan Leaf & Toyota Prius. Nothing come close to these car. Bye bye Euro trash.

Looks like you really have to distance yourself with the make :D

My experience has been quite good so far. Even the beat up vauxhall corsa B I bought for

Edited by Silver_blade

Opel GTC...the performance doesn't match the look..with century timing of 10.3Sec....What's up man!

You can always re-mapped the ECU. Its easy and can be DIY. Just go online and find a canned tune for your specific model. For most GM 1.4T engine, there are lots of canned tune online. After the ECU flash, this 1.4T can run 9 sec of less with lots of mid power. e.g. > 90km/h

You can outrun any 1.4T golf any time easily with their jaw dropped.

• Praise 1

You can always re-mapped the ECU. Its easy and can be DIY. Just go online and find a canned tune for your specific model. For most GM 1.4T engine, there are lots of canned tune online. After the ECU flash, this 1.4T can run 9 sec of less with lots of mid power. e.g. > 90km/h

You can outrun any 1.4T golf any time easily with their jaw dropped.

Oh.....a reply to my post from 2012....The car model still around or already scrapped?  Anyway, that's what I mean.  The performance doesn't do justification to the look.  With tuned performance at sub 9 sec?  Well.....ok.....

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1