Comments on Mazda CX5

Lycanthrope

Message added by kobayashiGT

Give your comments on Mazda CX-5 here!

Oh. 1.5 ton.

Wow, 100km daily is a lot. There are many SUV out there and CX5 may not suit everyone because you are paying a lot on gadgets and interal finishing.

↡ Advertisement

Oh. 1.5 ton.

Wow, 100km daily is a lot. There are many SUV out there and CX5 may not suit everyone because you are paying a lot on gadgets and interal finishing.

Compare with other SUV, I think CX5 offer the best mileages. :)  And HRV/Vezel is too common on the road. 

Got my CX5 in Mar-16.  Last week went for 10k servicing.  Asked the SE to update the GPS map for me, but he said I need to download Mazda Toolbox to update myself.  Did that but Mazda Toolbox stated nothing to update for my SD card.  However, my maps are dated Jun-2015, and the latest update supposed to be Feb-2017, which under option I can pay to download.

Isn't Mazda providing 3 years free update?  Any bros with 2016 CX5 here?

Neutral Newbie

Got my CX5 in Mar-16.  Last week went for 10k servicing.  Asked the SE to update the GPS map for me, but he said I need to download Mazda Toolbox to update myself.  Did that but Mazda Toolbox stated nothing to update for my SD card.  However, my maps are dated Jun-2015, and the latest update supposed to be Feb-2017, which under option I can pay to download.

Isn't Mazda providing 3 years free update?  Any bros with 2016 CX5 here?

Mazda only provide 1st yr free from your new car purchase from your taking over of ur car for map update

I give up on Mazda connect navi. Routing intelligent is not as good as google and too hard to key in the search. Worst feature is when car is moving, they disable the touch screen, "For safety reason!?!?!" Just use handphone. If in Malaysia, we can LL live with it.

Mazda only provide 1st yr free from your new car purchase from your taking over of ur car for map update

Damn ... SE never tell me, else I would have updated last week when car was still within a year.

Any bro with Feb-17 map able to copy and share with me the 2 singapore.*** files under the map sub Folder?

Have being driving CX5 for 9months. Average between 11.5km/L to 13km/L on shell 95 and depending on traffic jam on expressway. 50/50 highway/city.

Compared to other cars, CX5 is pretty powerful and drives well with 95. So overall it is good power to fuel ratio. I think it is very efficient car for a 2L engine with a 2 ton chassis. So don't just look at the comsumption but also total fuel cost. I could hit better efficiency with Vpower. Ha ha. My old car must pump 98 and total fuel cost is higher.

Anyway I don't understand the concern about that few km/L. My math shows $5k-$10k fuel different over 10 years which easily could be eaten up by coe or backside itch upgrade. Also there is different between hard footer vs speed regulator drivers.

So still love my CX5. Hope you will join the family soon.

I am getting 11.6 to 12.5km/litre 3years with CX5.

Still loves my ride. Most importantly, my parents also loves it. At least for the height of the seat, they don't feel like its "sinking" into the seat. Rear room space is spacious for them too.. :)

Would like to find out if servicing of CX-5 at AD really cost $800 to $900 every visit, as claim by a forummer.

I remember my ex-Bainte only cost $2xx to $3xx very visit, shooting up to $800 only with major servicing and replacement of tear-and-wear parts. 

• Praise 1

Tried the 2017 CX-5. 

Was quite surprised that the interior refinement did not match up to the M6. The M6 gives a more luxurious feel. The leg room at the rear also seem less than the M6. The headroom is more though.

• Praise 1

reviving this thread again

Just wondering if any have been driving it for the last few years can advise on the maintenance of the car? is it problem free etc? is the parts affordable? How's the ride after years of driving etc. Thanks!

• Praise 1

Would like to find out if servicing of CX-5 at AD really cost $800 to $900 every visit, as claim by a forummer.

I remember my ex-Bainte only cost $2xx to $3xx very visit, shooting up to $800 only with major servicing and replacement of tear-and-wear parts.

Any update on this? Might get this
  • Praise 2

Any update on this? Might get this

Better you call up Mazda to check it yourself. Best is to go to their servicing reception area which is just behind their showroom when you go check out the car. If you shy to as the staff there, can just collect the servicing brochures which would have stated the costs of their packages for different mileages. I would do it if I were seriously considering this ride to prevent any surprises.

Anybody can share how much they gotten their CX5 from recent Car Expo or 7th anniversary?

Haven't purchased, but considering at the moment.

Salesperson would only go to 119800. That price is the listed price with no additional discounts.

Probably going to wait for next indent which is imminent. Salesperson admitted that they are getting rid of their test and showroom models to make way for new stock.

I figure if it's a minor update, they wouldn't be getting rid of test and showroom models.

Salesperson kept using the tactic of "must buy now, don't know what could happen to price of car and cost of CoE". But unless I can get a crazy discount, then I will wait and risk an increase in cost.

• Praise 1

Haven't purchased, but considering at the moment.

Salesperson would only go to 119800. That price is the listed price with no additional discounts.

Probably going to wait for next indent which is imminent. Salesperson admitted that they are getting rid of their test and showroom models to make way for new stock.

I figure if it's a minor update, they wouldn't be getting rid of test and showroom models.

Salesperson kept using the tactic of "must buy now, don't know what could happen to price of car and cost of CoE". But unless I can get a crazy discount, then I will wait and risk an increase in cost.

Premium?

If u can wait then try went for sg mktorshow in Jan

Or a week before they like have the same sales and ask u avoid crowd and go showroom sign

Or see if end of year got sake anot

Ask then throw in more Things lor haha

Premium?

If u can wait then try went for sg mktorshow in Jan

Or a week before they like have the same sales and ask u avoid crowd and go showroom sign

Or see if end of year got sake anot

Ask then throw in more Things lor haha

Correct - premium.

I'm tempted to put in an booking before Jan. I hope the 2019 model details come before then.

Thing is, if I wait until next car show, I'm sure there might be discounts, but more than likely the discounts nullified by higher Coe costs since more people buying cars at lower discounted rate.

So try get in a booking in the coe bidding just before the car show. That's my logic.

↡ Advertisement