Comments on Mazda CX5

Lycanthrope

Message added by kobayashiGT

Give your comments on Mazda CX-5 here!

Correct - premium.

I'm tempted to put in an booking before Jan. I hope the 2019 model details come before then.

Thing is, if I wait until next car show, I'm sure there might be discounts, but more than likely the discounts nullified by higher Coe costs since more people buying cars at lower discounted rate.

So try get in a booking in the coe bidding just before the car show. That's my logic.

It is going to be tough catching the lowest coe and cheapest car. For your case, the best is to wait for the new model. Even it means paying a few k more than the outgoing model.

Several reasons why CX-5 price is slightly reduced toward the end of the year.

- AD wants the numbers by 2018 so that Mazda can boast selling xx number of cars in 2018 or among the top few AD.

- Existing stocks are MY2018 which perceived to be less valuable

- Incoming face lift model

Edited by MZTHREE
↡ Advertisement

I'm actually okay paying more for the new model.

/rant

I'm a self-proclaimed fussy buyer. If I'm going to put down 120k+ for a car, I should be entitled to choose what I want and the way I want it. Especially if I'm willing to pay more for the privilege.

I really like Mazda and the CX5, but it's crazy how limited and inflexible it is here in Singapore. I would put a booking down for a 2018 model now if they gave me the option to retrofit AA/CP and upgrade the wheels to 19 inch. Both of which I'm willing to pay more for.

But the SE says:"cannot, it comes all standard from the factory. Have to do it after purchase." Yet other countries allow you can change options at purchase, and at quarter the price.

I know Singapore is a different market, but even Honda lets you upgrade accessories at purchase stage. Why not Mazda? I know I can go aftermarket but it gives them the chance to potentially void warranty. So I'm stuck - I buy their car and at the mercy of their overpriced after market accessories. Or I risk warranty.

If I want customisation, I know i could go BMW or Merc, but it's not like 120k+ is chump change. Its still a big investment for most. Plus the CX5 is a "premium model" for Mazda.

Anyway 2019 model I'll wait and likely pay few thousand more on, just because it has features I want. Or go to Toyota for the new rav4. Speak with my money.

/rant over

Edited by GTO-1

/rant

I'm a self-proclaimed fussy buyer. If I'm going to put down 120k+ for a car, I should be entitled to choose what I want and the way I want it. Especially if I'm willing to pay more for the privilege.

I really like Mazda and the CX5, but it's crazy how limited and inflexible it is here in Singapore. I would put a booking down for a 2018 model now if they gave me the option to retrofit AA/CP and upgrade the wheels to 19 inch. Both of which I'm willing to pay more for.

But the SE says:"cannot, it comes all standard from the factory. Have to do it after purchase." Yet other countries allow you can change options at purchase, and at quarter the price.

I know Singapore is a different market, but even Honda lets you upgrade accessories at purchase stage. Why not Mazda? I know I can go aftermarket but it gives them the chance to potentially void warranty. So I'm stuck - I buy their car and at the mercy of their overpriced after market accessories. Or I risk warranty.

If I want customisation, I know i could go BMW or Merc, but it's not like 120k+ is chump change. Its still a big investment for most. Plus the CX5 is a "premium model" for Mazda.

Anyway 2019 model I'll wait and likely pay few thousand more on, just because it has features I want. Or go to Toyota for the new rav4. Speak with my money.

/rant over

is there gg to be a 2019 facelifted model? I thot this generation CX5 just lauched not very long ago?  Any sneaks?

RAV4 I bet BM will be selling @ extravagent price again....

Haven't purchased, but considering at the moment.

Salesperson would only go to 119800. That price is the listed price with no additional discounts.

Probably going to wait for next indent which is imminent. Salesperson admitted that they are getting rid of their test and showroom models to make way for new stock.

I figure if it's a minor update, they wouldn't be getting rid of test and showroom models.

Salesperson kept using the tactic of "must buy now, don't know what could happen to price of car and cost of CoE". But unless I can get a crazy discount, then I will wait and risk an increase in cost.

Last weekend got good price $108,800 for standard..but only silver color... was thinking Premium would be a better buy which so many more features for $7k price diff  (comparing 116,800 vs 125,800) 

is there gg to be a 2019 facelifted model? I thot this generation CX5 just lauched not very long ago? Any sneaks?

RAV4 I bet BM will be selling @ extravagent price again....

Last weekend got good price $108,800 for standard..but only silver color... was thinking Premium would be a better buy which so many more features for $7k price diff (comparing 116,800 vs 125,800)

No official info yet about 2019 refresh. It's a minor refresh, but not so minor that they can keep the same test and showroom models. Mazda seem to like doing minor refreshes every year.

Even though no official info, you can use the US and JP 2019 CX5 models as a guide of what to expect. Here is a good comparison:

Main things are AA/CP preinstalled, updated gauge cluster, GVectoring Plus, more recline on backseat. There is a 2.5 Turbo option now, but doubt TEK will bring it (and I wouldn't be interested anyway). Also new 19" wheels, which I think looks better than the current pizza wheels. If you read the overseas forums, they anecdotally say that it's more refined, quieter etc.

Also hoping they bring more standard safety features to the SG model. Maybe even ventilated seats would be great. But who knows. Could be a massive letdown, in which case I hope there is still 2018 models in stock and I get a good deal on those.

Edited by GTO-1

Pictures for the face lift model are out on mazda australia website. Looks good.

https://www.mazda.com.au/cars/cx-5/#design

Not sure which are the features will be included in TEK's 2.0 premium version. CP/AA and the additional safety features should be in.

I can only say when it comes to car ownership, I look with envy at other countries. More options, better service and greater choice, at one third the price.

Oh well, different countries, can't compare as they say.

• Praise 1

Pictures for the face lift model are out on mazda australia website. Looks good.

https://www.mazda.com.au/cars/cx-5/#design

Not sure which are the features will be included in TEK's 2.0 premium version. CP/AA and the additional safety features should be in.

Design looks cleaner.  [thumbsup]

Not sure if TEK will jack up the price for such a minor facelift. 

Edited by DACH

/rant

/rant over

It's the same when i got my ford. Wanted to upgrade my rims but was told can only do that after i buy the car. and the sales told me is cheaper to change outside.

I think most of the B&B car brands here don't have configurator which allows buyers to customize what they want. Small market i guess

But i dont think warranty is affected with rim change.

• Praise 1

It's the same when i got my ford. Wanted to upgrade my rims but was told can only do that after i buy the car. and the sales told me is cheaper to change outside.

I think most of the B&B car brands here don't have configurator which allows buyers to customize what they want. Small market i guess

But i dont think warranty is affected with rim change.

I personally I think it's due to lack of competition.  Seems to me that TEK is the exclusive distributor for Mazda.  For example, it's crazy that their 'promotion' is an extended 2-year warranty OR additional 1-year servicing (total 5 year warranty OR 2-year servicing).  Overseas the expected standard is 5-year warranty (unlimited km) + 3 year free servicing. 

But, as they say, it is what it is and it is a massive first-world problem.  If we want the luxury of purchasing this car in this country, it's the "tax" we have to pay.  Unless I'm willing to set up my own Mazda dealership - which I'm not.

I'm also confident the rim change wouldn't cause warranty issues, but talking to the SE, he tried to cover his butt by saying that I should keep all original parts just in case.  Given that I live in an apartment-like complex (as most of us do) - that's a bit unrealistic, I mean you expect me to store 4x tyres and rims in my kids room is it?

Edited by GTO-1

Exactly, last i went to test drive the 2.5 super lux, the price was so stiff above $150k. Did u see the reverse camera they provided? It’s freaking 640 x 480 resolution which amazed me. Hahaha

TEK want to match the conti price but can’t provide the conti specs

Then you better move out of the country if so unhappy with TEK and Singapore. No one is stopping you.

If car buyers do not pay high taxes, no one will be able to get to work on time. Every single hr is traffic jam, Do you know that? Of course you do not know. Talk is cheap and free. But to talk with intelligence is something else.

So please leave Singapore. This country is not for you. But obviously you cannot afford to migrate out. Stop whining and post intelligently

I personally I think it's due to lack of competition.  Seems to me that TEK is the exclusive distributor for Mazda.  For example, it's crazy that their 'promotion' is an extended 2-year warranty OR additional 1-year servicing (total 5 year warranty OR 2-year servicing).  Overseas the expected standard is 5-year warranty (unlimited km) + 3 year free servicing. 

But, as they say, it is what it is and it is a massive first-world problem.  If we want the luxury of purchasing this car in this country, it's the "tax" we have to pay.  Unless I'm willing to set up my own Mazda dealership - which I'm not.

I'm also confident the rim change wouldn't cause warranty issues, but talking to the SE, he tried to cover his butt by saying that I should keep all original parts just in case.  Given that I live in an apartment-like complex (as most of us do) - that's a bit unrealistic, I mean you expect me to store 4x tyres and rims in my kids room is it?

• Dislike 3

Then you better move out of the country if so unhappy with TEK and Singapore. No one is stopping you.

If car buyers do not pay high taxes, no one will be able to get to work on time. Every single hr is traffic jam, Do you know that? Of course you do not know. Talk is cheap and free. But to talk with intelligence is something else.

So please leave Singapore. This country is not for you. But obviously you cannot afford to migrate out. Stop whining and post intelligently

Respectfully, this has nothing to do with the post being not "intelligent". You just disagree with my opinion, so you decide to personally attack me by saying it's not an intelligent post. Ironically, your method of disagreeing is quite lazy and unintelligent. It's an opinion I have and I'm entitled to it.

This is also the Internet, so I can post what I want as long as it's within the forum rules. Or unless I get banned.

Addressing your post: funnily enough, I actually agree with you, hence the comment:

But, as they say, it is what it is and it is a massive first-world problem. If we want the luxury of purchasing this car in this country, it's the "tax" we have to pay. Unless I'm willing to set up my own Mazda dealership - which I'm not.

If it irritates me enough, then sure I'll migrate out of this country. Right now, I understand this is a first world problem and so I don't feel it warrants me migrating. So touché!

Weirdly though, you're on a Singapore car forum fighting to justify the high cost of cars. It's almost like you like paying taxes and extra money for cars. Or you like getting poorer service from the dealers relative to our overseas counterparts. Now that's a curiosity isn't it?

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 3

Respectfully, this has nothing to do with the post being not "intelligent". You just disagree with my opinion, so you decide to personally attack me by saying it's not an intelligent post. Ironically, your method of disagreeing is quite lazy and unintelligent. It's an opinion I have and I'm entitled to it.

This is also the Internet, so I can post what I want as long as it's within the forum rules. Or unless I get banned.

Addressing your post: funnily enough, I actually agree with you, hence the comment:

If it irritates me enough, then sure I'll migrate out of this country. Right now, I understand this is a first world problem and so I don't feel it warrants me migrating. So touché!

Weirdly though, you're on a Singapore car forum fighting to justify the high cost of cars. It's almost like you like paying taxes and extra money for cars. Or you like getting poorer service from the dealers relative to our overseas counterparts. Now that's a curiosity isn't it?

Migrate is not the only solution.

Just remember to vote wisely in the next GE. 

Internal Moderator

Disgruntled Roger. Please watch your comments. 

• Praise 1

Actually the AD can cater for special indent lah.. but u must wait for a longer time and is willing to pay Ad price..

They are a biz.. so if u willing to pay, they shld more likely oblige..

Just show them the $$$

• Praise 1

Also depends on whether the manufacturer can accede to the indent request.

Actually the AD can cater for special indent lah.. but u must wait for a longer time and is willing to pay Ad price..

They are a biz.. so if u willing to pay, they shld more likely oblige..

Just show them the $$$

↡ Advertisement