Comments on Mazda CX5

Lycanthrope

Message added by kobayashiGT

Give your comments on Mazda CX-5 here!

Actually the AD can cater for special indent lah.. but u must wait for a longer time and is willing to pay Ad price..

They are a biz.. so if u willing to pay, they shld more likely oblige..

Just show them the $$$ ð

Thanks. That's useful to know.

I told the SE in no uncertain terms that I'm willing to pay more for these upgrades. He went away for a week and then said, no but you can upgrade after purchase. Of course he recommends I buy direct from the dealer.

Nevermind. The coe is on a downward trend, so I'm waiting for the 2019 model. Pretty confident it's imminent.

↡ Advertisement

Respectfully, this has nothing to do with the post being not "intelligent". You just disagree with my opinion, so you decide to personally attack me by saying it's not an intelligent post. Ironically, your method of disagreeing is quite lazy and unintelligent. It's an opinion I have and I'm entitled to it.

This is also the Internet, so I can post what I want as long as it's within the forum rules. Or unless I get banned.

Weirdly though, you're on a Singapore car forum fighting to justify the high cost of cars. It's almost like you like paying taxes and extra money for cars. Or you like getting poorer service from the dealers relative to our overseas counterparts. Now that's a curiosity isn't it?

He somehow takes issue whenever people highlight flaws in local dealerships practices compared with those overseas.

Maybe he's actually an employee of a certain dealer...

He somehow takes issue whenever people highlight flaws in local dealerships practices compared with those overseas.

Maybe he's actually an employee of a certain dealer...

Maybe he is sales director of a certain AD?

Maybe he is sales director of a certain AD?

A bit of yin and yang there.

While the high-handedness of the posts does come across as someone who's fairly high-flyer and just cannot empathize with "normal" car owners and buyers in this country...

On the other hand, a self-respecting sales director won't come here to piss off people who contribute to his KPI, certainly not eager would-be car buyers asking for opinions and weighing options, and would certainly value free constructive criticism more.

At the end of the day, this is the internet. Nobody knows who you are, and personally I couldn't care less.

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 2

Hi, J

Just kinda adding on to this thread after being somewhat dormant for a while....

So I went to look see and test drive the CX5 premium couple days ago.

Interiorly, pretty premium indeed. Fittings look and feel good. Just the centre screen looks kinda small.

Ok, test drove. But the SE only took me on a v short and simple route around Ubi...not enough to tell v much unfortunately. But I do quite like it, handling wise and comfort wise.

A bit bothersome was the tyre roar even at low speeds.

Back to the screen, not sure if it was my deteriorating eyesight but I could not see the images and lines v clearly haha!

In any case, it has left a good impression.

Cyber week sales on and price looks good.

Warranty was told to be 3 years, and need to top up to 5 (but limited to engine, gearbox??). SE claims the car is v reliable though...

Any views? Sharing?

Thanks!

On 10/15/2019 at 2:56 PM, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Hi, J

Just kinda adding on to this thread after being somewhat dormant for a while....

So I went to look see and test drive the CX5 premium couple days ago.

Interiorly, pretty premium indeed. Fittings look and feel good. Just the centre screen looks kinda small.

Ok, test drove. But the SE only took me on a v short and simple route around Ubi...not enough to tell v much unfortunately. But I do quite like it, handling wise and comfort wise.

A bit bothersome was the tyre roar even at low speeds.

Back to the screen, not sure if it was my deteriorating eyesight but I could not see the images and lines v clearly haha!

In any case, it has left a good impression.

Cyber week sales on and price looks good.

Warranty was told to be 3 years, and need to top up to 5 (but limited to engine, gearbox??). SE claims the car is v reliable though...

Any views? Sharing?

Thanks!

I currently drive the earlier CX5 for 6 years plus,trouble free and really very reliable,that's make me decided  to stay back with the cx 5 instead of change the brand.

Test drive the premium model during the promo period 2 weeks ago,I can feel is a totally different car when I drive,stable,quieter,good power compare with my current one,I collecting my car(premium model) tomorrow and looking forward the great sound system beside the drive  :  )

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Tjkbeluga said:

I notice in Msia, price diff BTW cx3 and cx5 is only 5k but in sg, its like 30k? Why such a big gap? 

I think it’s due to CBU for cx3  and CKD for cx5

• Praise 1

Well in bolehland got the max CX5 2.5T, same engine as the CX9... Specs is loaded to the gills. 

RM$170k only... meanwhile in SG, we have to find good things to say about the under powered 2L CX5 and missing safety equipment. 

Our 2.5NA is on indent basis some more...

Wonder which is the 3rd world country 😞 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Well in bolehland got the max CX5 2.5T, same engine as the CX9... Specs is loaded to the gills. 

RM$170k only... meanwhile in SG, we have to find good things to say about the under powered 2L CX5 and missing safety equipment. 

I reiterate that the cx5 is one of the best cars in its class, but the Singapore version is among the most bare bones version that it ultimately comes out as a crap deal. 

• Praise 2

I test drove the CX5 and Harrier turbo and found myself liking the Harrier better. CX5 feels extremely underpowered and has quite a bit of roll when taking turns. I like the interior of the CX5 and found the Harrier's interior to be old dated - buttons and controls are littered all over and messy.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Murphys33 said:

I test drove the CX5 and Harrier turbo and found myself liking the Harrier better. CX5 feels extremely underpowered and has quite a bit of roll when taking turns. I like the interior of the CX5 and found the Harrier's interior to be old dated - buttons and controls are littered all over and messy.

Harrier is indeed an old model that Toyota is still selling.. Just like this Prius wagon that  BM sells. It 1st appeared in late 2010 as a 2011 model. It was known as Prius Alpha in JDM. This is why the Prius wagon looks so dated, esp the dash. 

Erm... you should not be expecting a car like handling powess in  a tall SUV ley... just like you can't expect the Fortuner to handle like a, Toyota 86? Do get a sedan or hatch if u want a great handling. 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

I reiterate that the cx5 is one of the best cars in its class, but the Singapore version is among the most bare bones version that it ultimately comes out as a crap deal. 

To be fair, our 2L CX5 Premium model are not bare bones, but it is missing almost the whole suite of active accident avoidance features which imho should be made standard across the range. Just becos u can't afford the CX5 2.5  or CX9 doesn't mean that you should be denied of the safety features 

But that 2L engine is really weak to pull the CX5 ard, And sound insulation is below par among other SUVs of such price range. 

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

well if bolehland slap their car with additional 120% OMV as ARF +  40K coe tax + 20K carbon tax to their CX5

i think they will bring in a CX5 that no one can recognise that fit a 5th word country .... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

To be fair, our 2L CX5 Premium model are not bare bones, but it is missing almost the whole suite of active accident avoidance features which imho should be made standard across the range. Just becos u can't afford the CX5 2.5  or CX9 doesn't mean that you should be denied of the safety features 

But that 2L engine is really weak to pull the CX5 ard, And sound insulation is below par among other SUVs of such price range. 

Excellent point. The basic CX-5 sold here is missing all the good features and the 2L engine is underpower.

We should tell LTA that car safety features should not be subject to Additional Registration Fee (ARF) so that maybe a few lives can be saved.

Another method is to fix the OMV for each car model so that dealers will be encouraged to add as many safety features as possible without increasing the OMV. Government still collects its money and we get better cars so everybody is happy.

Edited by andrewyewkc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1