Kia considering a Mercedes CLS competitor

Fourth

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112081747361/k...-cls-competitor

Kia is reportedly considering a Mercedes CLS competitor.

Previewed by the GT concept, the model will likely be ride on the rear-wheel drive platform that underpins the K9 / Quoris. The car's styling will be toned down, but it will reportedly have a prominent grille, a sloping roofline and a low-slung stance.

The concept featured a turbocharged 3.3-liter V6 with 395 PS (290 kW / 390 hp) and 534 Nm (394 lb-ft) of torque, but the production model should offer a variety of four-cylinder engines. There could also be a hybrid variant that borrows the powertrain from the Optima hybrid.

The ambitious new model is slated for 2016, so expect to learn more in the coming years.

↡ Advertisement

Is Kia in some collaborations with Audi? Their recent designs are getting more stylish compared to the 90s.

I like the Forte Koup.

Smart Kia nabbed ex-Audi designer Peter Schreyer [thumbsup]

Audi does not require any designers as they need to just change the DRL and tail light design only in the future [:p]

Neutral Newbie

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112081747361/k...-cls-competitor

Kia is reportedly considering a Mercedes CLS competitor.

Previewed by the GT concept, the model will likely be ride on the rear-wheel drive platform that underpins the K9 / Quoris. The car's styling will be toned down, but it will reportedly have a prominent grille, a sloping roofline and a low-slung stance.

The concept featured a turbocharged 3.3-liter V6 with 395 PS (290 kW / 390 hp) and 534 Nm (394 lb-ft) of torque, but the production model should offer a variety of four-cylinder engines. There could also be a hybrid variant that borrows the powertrain from the Optima hybrid.

The ambitious new model is slated for 2016, so expect to learn more in the coming years.

Kia marches with big ambition...curious to see how the design will be like..

Neutral Newbie

Audi does not require any designers as they need to just change the DRL and tail light design only in the future [:p]

haha.. yes.. but still better than BMW.. two Rings Lights for all models [:p]

Actually both are good, just poor me can't afford either one [bigcry]

reality check.

who is willing to pay 350K min for this Kia at current COE??

Don't think KIA is sweating over Singapore market.

Not every auto news need to be link to for local context. Just saying

reality check.

who is willing to pay 350K min for this Kia at current COE??

Singapore is but just a little red dot.. I'm sure there are rich buyers in Malaysia willing to give this CLS competitor a try, IF it is available in RHD. Take the Hyundai Genesis for example. There are a few enthusiasts here for sure who would be interested, but Hyundai don't even give a damn about the RHD market for the Genesis.

Singapore is but just a little red dot.. I'm sure there are rich buyers in Malaysia willing to give this CLS competitor a try, IF it is available in RHD. Take the Hyundai Genesis for example. There are a few enthusiasts here for sure who would be interested, but Hyundai don't even give a damn about the RHD market for the Genesis.

okay let me repharse then.

how many are willing to buy a Kia at the price of CLS.

if the number of ppl willing to pay for that price for a kia is more than Merce. then yes, we can say they finally rival Merc.

I agree. Nice car, but hardly "legendary".

To be fair, the CLS sets the trend for 4 door coupes in the market. The porsche panamera, 6 series Grand Coupe etc took inspiration from the CLS. Not sure if this makes it legendary though :D

↡ Advertisement