Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Just deregistered my S Class yesterday. High specs model .Exporter only paid me 6.5k for the body. Still need him to submit export papers next week. Then wait another 10-14 days for LTA to refund me my 58k plus.

That's standard procedure. But I feel worth it as the body value higher but some are very urgently need cash, might will not choose this path to get rid of his ride.
↡ Advertisement

Nope I don't have to, as I sold to the exporter.

He offered higher than what the scrapyard had offered for my car.

No need to perform the extra step of encashment. Save me time, and get the $$ first.

Are you able to advise the contact of the exporter whom you sold your car to ?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

The reason is because dealers/exporter pay out the PARF/COE Rebate immediately and you dont need to go to LTA to do the encashment yourself and still have to wait for approx a month to get back the PARF/COE rebate.

And business being business, 1% of maybe $8000 is just $80 for the fact that the 8000 will be stuck with LTA until the BL has been raised before encashment can be done and BL can take up to 3 weeks and encashment is again 3 weeks. Dealers and Exporter may have their money stuck for 6 weeks and more. Considering the fact that there are really alot alot of scrap cars. The scrapyard now are almost full, some to the extend dont want to house anymore scrap car awaiting buyer...

Well one dealer low balled me claiming that I will get cash faster. Big deal. I will get cash from lta too. I told him off that I can wait. If I'm so hard up for the few k of scrap value, I might as well not buy a car. Edited by Mkl22

Well one dealer low balled me claiming that I will get cash faster. Big deal. I will get cash from lta too. I told him off that I can wait. If I'm so hard up for the few k of scrap value, I might as well not buy a car.

Not all owners are like you, some will need to port over the money to fund the new purchase....

Like how Banks Bridging Loan for property owner works.... IMHO

• Praise 1

Well one dealer low balled me claiming that I will get cash faster. Big deal. I will get cash from lta too. I told him off that I can wait. If I'm so hard up for the few k of scrap value, I might as well not buy a car.

Bro, is common for dealer to low ball you for your car body value. i heard some owner even willing to let go their car at PARF value to the dealer. Presuming you have another cars and extra cash but someone else might not have.

Eg, He/She only have one car and the only car to drove to work and sending kids to school. want or not when COE due he must get a replacement.

Twincharged

Bro, is common for dealer to low ball you for your car body value. i heard some owner even willing to let go their car at PARF value to the dealer. Presuming you have another cars and extra cash but someone else might not have.

Eg, He/She only have one car and the only car to drove to work and sending kids to school. want or not when COE due he must get a replacement.

I'm talking about less than 10k PARF for typical bread and butter cars. If you can't even tahan a month later of getting this money, it's better off not owning a car. If owning a car means living from paycheck to paycheck then such people have no financial planning.
  • Praise 1

Try asking around from more exporters/dealers, since you still have the time.

The exporter I sold my car to, he told me before that if its a Nissan, he will charged 1% of the parf rebate to help scrap...

UPDATE

Scrap my latio earlier ( abt 3 weeks before EOL) as the gear box gave way :(

$80 at a scrap yard in Defu lane .

Well thats the best i can get :)

• Praise 3

I'm talking about less than 10k PARF for typical bread and butter cars. If you can't even tahan a month later of getting this money, it's better off not owning a car. If owning a car means living from paycheck to paycheck then such people have no financial planning.

Everyone have their methods/thinking of doing things. You have financial planning, good for you pal!

But there's no need for you to decide whether others should, or should not own a car.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone scrap Renault Megane coupe cabriolet before? What is the body value range like?? TIA

• Praise 1

Hi my bros and sis, I am a Scrap agent/ Exporter/ LTA authorized electronic service agent.

Let me give u a short introduction of what we do at ECscrap:

At ECscrap, we minimise the time and hassle you go through to find out a scrap procedure from LTA. No more worrying about which scrapyard to bring your car to or the scrap value you will get in exchange. No more waiting of parf value from LTA to be encashed back to you after 1month.

Let us handle the details and all LTA paperwork. Collect your parf and body value upfront upon collection of car at your doorstep. Scrapping is easy and risk free with us.

*LTA authorised electronic agent-provide ownership transfer immediately with LTA pin.

Most importantly, we will get everything done for u in 5-10 mins.

So please feel free to contact me Eugene Chua @97353405  or Eunice Wong @83330493

or visit our Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/ecscrap/

Thank you for following to the end. We really look forward to working with you and rendering an exemplary customer service experience! :)

post-174338-0-26672600-1464067684_thumb.jpg

post-174338-0-95020500-1464067798_thumb.jpg

post-174338-0-83308600-1464067826_thumb.jpg

post-174338-0-89476700-1464067830_thumb.jpg