Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Hi All,

May i know the estimate scrap car body value for BMW 520i XL. Scrapping in two months plus time. Thanks.

AD's dealers will only offer $500 for body during trade-in. 

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for replying. Am confuse as previously when i bought i saw the posting said will buy back body at 1500 dollars at least. Then i saw previous someone said the body value of toyota can be 600-2k (for first generation). 

Why AD's dealers only offer 500 for a BMW 520i XL with 2 months plus to go for $500? Anyone can quote better?

Thanks for replying. Am confuse as previously when i bought i saw the posting said will buy back body at 1500 dollars at least. Then i saw previous someone said the body value of toyota can be 600-2k (for first generation).

Why AD's dealers only offer 500 for a BMW 520i XL with 2 months plus to go for $500? Anyone can quote better?

The scrap prices will vary. Suggest that you do some homework by calling some of the scrap yards and ask... Some better ones are mentioned here. Else you can Google. There is a reputable in Defu.

it depends on which AD you go to,  Performance would probably give you a better price. Or if you buy another BM and Mercedes of similar category, they will give you good over trade or discount because of their relatively thicker margin. Otherwise, most ADs would offer body value plus a few hundred dollars for most of the cars that are left 12 months or less.

go try this oue as one of your options.

https://www.quotz.com.sg/

Edited by Ct3833

Hi All,

May i know the estimate scrap car body value for BMW 520i XL. Scrapping in two months plus time. Thanks.

RUbbish offer....

Edited by cmcex

That is true. I contacted a few dealer regarding my Honda Civic 1.6VTi, COE expired on 16 Apr 2019. All of them only offered min PARF value (12.569) + 500 body = 13k. And the mileage of my car is only 87000 km (genuine mileage since always service at Kah Motor with servicing record from day 1), I quite sure they will sell it to other user later as COE car with higher margin.

That is true. I contacted a few dealer regarding my Honda Civic 1.6VTi, COE expired on 16 Apr 2019. All of them only offered min PARF value (12.569) + 500 body = 13k. And the mileage of my car is only 87000 km (genuine mileage since always service at Kah Motor with servicing record from day 1), I quite sure they will sell it to other user later as COE car with higher margin.

Sell at a thread here. Sure got people buy.

The dealer will spend $26,000 to renew your car COE for 10 years

https://www.aas.com.sg/resources/coe/prevailing-quota-premiums-pqp.html

... and sell it for $53,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=796386&DL=2400

Cost to dealer - buy your car at $13,000 + COE $26,000 = $39,000

Nett profit = $14,000 from selling a 10 yr old car 

Thanks. I have then decided to keep and will renew 10 years COE for it.

Congratulations. Smart move = $3,900 annual depreciation for a gem!

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 4

Dealer took in my mid Feb 320 paper + 2300

You mean the dealer took in ur BMW 320 paying u paper value plus $2300???? Wow can intro/recommend ur dealer. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

You mean the dealer took in ur BMW 320 paying u paper value plus $2300???? Wow can intro/recommend ur dealer.

how do I pass u the contact? How much were u offered? Edited by Mcfrver
  • Praise 1

Looking for Honda Fit with around 1 year left to coe. Please PM me. No dealer pls.

Looking for Honda Fit with around 1 year left to coe. Please PM me. No dealer pls.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

E200 worth the most,W211 cost worth up to $5K[there are demand oversea],Volvo worth the least[no demand],the most$1k.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Friend just scrap his 08 altis last month(dec 18).1.9k for body.

Dealer offers body from 1.3k,1.5k to last dealer offer 1.9k.

The last dealer told him when they take in those scrap car(depends on models),they got a target price for the car.Usually parf lower,they will offer abit more for body if you bargain hard enough.

Example like your civic.

Lets say their target price is 13k.(12.5k parf + 0.5k body)

If other civic owner parf is lower due to yen fluctuation or whatever reasons when he register his car 10yrs ago and if this civic parf is 12k,they will offer 1k for body.So they still pay 13k.

Something like that.

This is what friend told me but truth anot,don't know.lol.....

Friend just scrap his 08 altis last month(dec 18).1.9k for body.

Dealer offers body from 1.3k,1.5k to last dealer offer 1.9k.

The last dealer told him when they take in those scrap car(depends on models),they got a target price for the car.Usually parf lower,they will offer abit more for body if you bargain hard enough.

Example like your civic.

Lets say their target price is 13k.(12.5k parf + 0.5k body)

If other civic owner parf is lower due to yen fluctuation or whatever reasons when he register his car 10yrs ago and if this civic parf is 12k,they will offer 1k for body.So they still pay 13k.

Something like that.

This is what friend told me but truth anot,don't know.lol.....

For what reason dealer need to "compensate" the seller?

Body i know there's a range between condition of the car. But paper still just paper loh

• Praise 1

For what reason dealer need to "compensate" the seller?

Body i know there's a range between condition of the car. But paper still just paper loh

That's why I said if you bargain hard enough if not who willing to pay you more?

Of cos also must be dealer popular car if not dealer will tell you" you want come,dont want done".lol........ 

Anyway,friend altis 200k plus mileage,paintwork horrible and back bumper distorted.

Dealer comes to his house and offer.lol......

He call around 5 to 6 dealers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1