Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Thanks. I have then decided to keep and will renew 10 years COE for it.

Hi pal,

If you happen to change your mind, do drop me a PM.

I’m looking for a car to let my FIL ferry the kids.

Thank you

Am scrapping my BMW 520i XL soon. I am the second owner and milage around 157000km. Body and paint still looks good. Anyone can msg me to quote for the body? Can transfer immediate or mid of march depending on the price quote.

post-173835-0-50083200-1549956899_thumb.jpg

post-173835-0-36194500-1549956919_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

where can we buy direct from seller who scraping car and we want to extend. SG mart all controlled by agents and dealers with body priced at a few thousand. but seller scraping is offered only 500.

• Praise 1

where can we buy direct from seller who scraping car and we want to extend. SG mart all controlled by agents and dealers with body priced at a few thousand. but seller scraping is offered only 500.

What model u looking for?
  • Praise 1

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and  buyer wanting extend coe can just take over.  No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and  buyer wanting extend coe can just take over.  No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Have you tried SGCarmart?

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and buyer wanting extend coe can just take over. No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Carousell or Gumtree - free listing.

yes  try gumtree ( mostly expired ads). carousell ( little owners scrap car), sgusedcar ( all crowded with dealers.   It seem like dealers are rounding up all the scrapped and topping up with COE .  They just packaged a 5 or 10 years old coe car after paying zero or a few hundred  for scrap body according to his thread.  But the price they quoting are a few thousand more after adding the COE.

could there be a site for genuine owners to go sell to buyers direct?.  

could there be a site for genuine owners to go sell to buyers direct?.  

SGcarmart do have Direct Owner (not all but do have a few Genuine owner) sales BUT you need to be very fast for a good deal.

Alot of potential  buyer, mostly dealer monitor the site like how one will monitor the stock market. Once a good deal spotted the hunter will go for it swiftly.

This thread oso have genuine owner selling. List down what you scouting for and those wanna sell will PM u.

Good luck

• Praise 1

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and buyer wanting extend coe can just take over. No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Different car and model hv different body price.....u may wanna consider e model u looking for so we can advice u better.

If u really wan a car to renew COE without paying few K to dealer, will u consider nissan teana? I know this partcular car body only few hundred only, mayb max $500 nia however if u r looking for a MPv or SUv to renew COE? Few hundred highly unlikely coz e body is worth few k, some high demand MPv body also can fetch close to 5 figure. That y sometimes cant blame e dealer also coz depend on what car u wan in e 1st place.

Edited by 81civic
  • Praise 2

Different car and model hv different body price.....u may wanna consider e model u looking for so we can advice u better.

If u really wan a car to renew COE without paying few K to dealer, will u consider nissan teana? I know this partcular car body only few hundred only, mayb max $500 nia however if u r looking for a MPv or SUv to renew COE? Few hundred highly unlikely coz e body is worth few k, some high demand MPv body also can fetch close to 5 figure. That y sometimes cant blame e dealer also coz depend on what car u wan in e 1st place.

Why is the BV of Teana comparatively lower? Some users said Teana is a comfortable car.
  • Praise 2

Why is the BV of Teana comparatively lower? Some users said Teana is a comfortable car.

Local & overseas market no Demand Lor for Teana + higher maintenance if compared against toyota & honda
  • Praise 1

Those who wanna sell away your cars which are due for scrap or buy second hand cars must definitely avoid 

I Walker Automobile -  1 bukit crescent #03-08 

and

Uniquecars Trading  - 1 bukit crescent #03-08 

Carousell user ID - fulloancar (https://sg.carousell.com/fulloancar/)

Both are the same location. Very insincere dealers. Online quote a higher than average price then stated as long as gearbox and engine ok then immediate deal.

Once reach say no second set of keys and roof lining needs to fix abit and immediate reduce the price by 1000 dollars. The price is even lower than exporter quote and much lower than the price i received from Quotz. Damn low class cheapo dealers Definitely must avoid at all cost.This is a nine year plus car and they expect new car condition??? IF want to improve cosmetic till like a new car then should be at their own cost and not expect the seller to bare the cost for them. Really no class at all. Want to earn money but dont want to offer anything. 

I expect cunning dealers who will wanna bargain but this is outright cheating. Totally not sincere at all. Do not quote higher price and waste people time drive down to have a look then try to offer lowest price i ever received. They are just trying their luck to see if the owner desperate for money or find it troublesome to look for better offers. Very not sincere at all and not the proper way of doing business. Spoilt their own business reputation and waste time. 

Again repeat must avoid buying cars from them or selling them any cars or have any dealings with them. It is already not about money anymore.

I rather sell to the boss(who sold me my next car and provides excellent services) of MV AUTO cheaply. At least upfront he is honest about the maximum price he can offer and very sincere. 

• Praise 1

Wanted to scrap my near-10-year old car recently... not looking at anything but just 200 bucks for the body.

Went to ------ and they found a dealer who's willing to offer $150. I accepted and they call soonafter. Had a shock when they say wanted to view the car and check if it is in good condition  [dead] . Told them they are paying scrap value so what do they expect?? I suppose they will end up hiam here hiam there and i will be getting not a dollar more than PARF.

End up driving to a scrapyard in  sungei kadut and got $200 bucks plus a free ride to MRT.

Well... not all dealers are bad eggs though.

Yes, scrapyard offer actually quite good, fast and straightforward too, they even offer to come to my place to collect the car.

• Praise 1