Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Neutral Newbie

Anybody know the car body value of a Bentley Continental GT V8 or Flying spur 6.0? Wanna accurately calculate depreciation. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi All,

Newbie 1st post here. Have a family car due to scrap next month. Its a COE renewed car..using till the end of COE period. Understand from the posts in this forum there will be some paper value / amount from the metal which we can receive back?

May i ask is there any diff or whats the diff whether we go to one of the LTA approved scrapyard vs doing a valuation using Motorist or Quotz website etc which they claim they will find the best price for our car?

Anyone can advice? Thank u in advance. 

Edited by Vlsc
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Vlsc said:

Hi All,

Newbie 1st post here. Have a family car due to scrap next month. Its a COE renewed car..using till the end of COE period. Understand from the posts in this forum there will be some paper value / amount from the metal which we can receive back?

May i ask is there any diff or whats the diff whether we go to one of the LTA approved scrapyard vs doing a valuation using Motorist or Quotz website etc which they claim they will find the best price for our car?

Anyone can advice? Thank u in advance. 

Depends on what car you are driving and if it is worth it for the dealer to export out.

You won't get much thou. And need to do handover paperwork.

If you go scrapyard, very straight forward one They pass you $50/100 and ask you bye bye le. hahaha.

Do you buy a replacement car from dealer? If yes, then you just throw your car to them and ask them to help you settle lor. hahah. Save your time.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Depends on what car you are driving and if it is worth it for the dealer to export out.

You won't get much thou. And need to do handover paperwork.

If you go scrapyard, very straight forward one They pass you $50/100 and ask you bye bye le. hahaha.

Do you buy a replacement car from dealer? If yes, then you just throw your car to them and ask them to help you settle lor. hahah. Save your time.

Nope, not getting a replacement car as yet. Dont think will be in time also even if getting. 

So whether go LTA approved scrapyard or do valuation, the amount wont be any big difference since ours is already COE renewed car? 

Or if got dealer wana export then the amt we get might be more than those LTA approved scrapyard? Its a Vios.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Vlsc said:

Nope, not getting a replacement car as yet. Dont think will be in time also even if getting. 

So whether go LTA approved scrapyard or do valuation, the amount wont be any big difference since ours is already COE renewed car? 

Or if got dealer wana export then the amt we get might be more than those LTA approved scrapyard? Its a Vios.

Vios don't really have an export demand. I will recommend going scrap yard straight.

There is a list of scrapyard you can visit to scrap your car.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?BRSR=0&CAT=20&RPG=15

If you want to get as much money back, you can start to tear down your car as much as possible. Then you can see all the items.

- Car seats

-mirrors

-headunit

-engine mount

-tailight

-headlight

• Praise 1

Dismantle whatever you think you can sell later.

eg Car audio / spoiler / sports rims (trade with buyer) / seats (If have buyer) / strut bar etc...

• Praise 1

Wah to tear down will be quite a hassle. Still must find ways to sell it. I dont think we will go thru the hassle of it. But thanks for the info haha.

To go to scrapyard, what we getting back will only be paper value and body value, am i right? Do they all offer same price? Or different scrapyard will return different amount?

Anyone who scrapped their car before able to advice which scrapyard has the best price? 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Vlsc said:

Wah to tear down will be quite a hassle. Still must find ways to sell it. I dont think we will go thru the hassle of it. But thanks for the info haha.

To go to scrapyard, what we getting back will only be paper value and body value, am i right? Do they all offer same price? Or different scrapyard will return different amount?

Anyone who scrapped their car before able to advice which scrapyard has the best price? 

you got no paper value le. since is a coe car. 

all you get is $50-100 of the scrap value. $100 consider you lucky. haha

• Haha! 2

If it's 10 year COE, and car in relatively good condition, an alternative is to post for sale in Carousel. Buyer may purchase and extend coe. But need to factor in some repairs 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Likely to be an `unextenable' 5-year COE.

Wow. Yup u are right. 

(edited)

since we are on this topic of car scapping. Do the scrap yard need all the parts to be intact with the car as one of the criteria to scrap?

cos i thinking to dismantle all the things that can be soldeg: setas, audio, headlights, interior door panel, dash board, etc and just leave the body chasis and engine and tow it to scrap yard to scrap. 

Is this possible to be done? Anyone tried this before?

Edited by StreamRSZ

Twincharged
1 hour ago, StreamRSZ said:

since we are on this topic of car scapping. Do the scrap yard need all the parts to be intact with the car as one of the criteria to scrap?

cos i thinking to dismantle all the things that can be soldeg: setas, audio, headlights, interior door panel, dash board, etc and just leave the body chasis and engine and tow it to scrap yard to scrap. 

Is this possible to be done? Anyone tried this before?

According to LTA, all you need is lower engine block and chassis. Everything else can be stripped. 
some say the scrap yard can reject you. But I don’t see why. I’ll complaint to LTA if they reject. As long as the 2 point are fulfilled, LTA scrapyard operators have no right to reject. And lta has to refund parf. 

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

According to LTA, all you need is lower engine block and chassis. Everything else can be stripped. 
some say the scrap yard can reject you. But I don’t see why. I’ll complaint to LTA if they reject. As long as the 2 point are fulfilled, LTA scrapyard operators have no right to reject. And lta has to refund parf. 

you tried before? cos i am thinking of this rather than scrapyard low ball only refund COE but no body value. even if have scrapyard offer very less. they too stripe the parts and resell at high price. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Wow. Yup u are right. 

You can always get a quote from quotz , it is free and no obligation. 

1 hour ago, StreamRSZ said:

you tried before? cos i am thinking of this rather than scrapyard low ball only refund COE but no body value. even if have scrapyard offer very less. they too stripe the parts and resell at high price. 

Better ask scrapyard before doing it

I called up a few LTA approved scrap yard, for my Honda FIT.

The only offer $100 body value. I asked can strip the car internal parts or not, and they said all parts on the car must be there.

Is it wise to scrap or sell it to second hand car dealers?

Or what is the options to get more than $100 back from the scrapped car??

(edited)
2 hours ago, Jwee85 said:

I called up a few LTA approved scrap yard, for my Honda FIT.

The only offer $100 body value. I asked can strip the car internal parts or not, and they said all parts on the car must be there.

Is it wise to scrap or sell it to second hand car dealers?

Or what is the options to get more than $100 back from the scrapped car??

Try selling it to private market for renewal of COE. Definitely can earn more than 100 for body.

Maybe even more than 2000 is possible.

The body of Fit has not much value, unlike other sedans like Altis or Avante.  

Try other scrapyards. I heard that LTA ones offer only about 100 for all types of cars.

Of course they say you cannot strip, otherwise how they earn? 😂

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement