Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

If one does not need his car anymore and the offer is so good, just accept the money and run, why need deposits?  But so far I have not come across such a good deal. They will not do transfer for scrap car, instead they will deregister the car on the owner's behalf, the PARF will come from LTA, not the dealer.

Hmmm ...... the few cases I randomly check with friends, the car is NOT SCRAPPED leh ......Almost all transfer to a business entity one ...... I guess they have some credit arrangement with bank.  I think LTA also issue licence as Car Trader ah ?  Not sure.....

Got 1 case COE left 1 month, it is scrapped immediately........

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

Hmmm ...... the few cases I randomly check with friends, the car is NOT SCRAPPED leh ......Almost all transfer to a business entity one ...... I guess they have some credit arrangement with bank.  I think LTA also issue licence as Car Trader ah ?  Not sure.....

Got 1 case COE left 1 month, it is scrapped immediately........

I believe the better ones are sent to be re-sold as 2nd hand cars.

• Praise 1

On 11/8/2021 at 8:03 AM, badlammy said:

I've sold to an exporter with 3 months left, and it's exactly the process you described above. Full cash and immediate transfer, on a Sunday afternoon.

If drive to scrapyard on last day, still need to transfer?

If you drive to scrap yard, then you need to fill in form to scrap and wait for refund from LTA. No need to transfer. But if your car is good condition. Likely the yard will sell the body to the exporter. 
I have done both processes before. Still better to get an exporter as the yard only typically gives you $100. 
mine for sure is scrapped as in dismantled  or crushed as it is a Renault Kangoo. I would think it has more value as scrap metal than as a van! 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

What is the current scrap metal value of a car? Scrapping my Toyota Picnic this month.

No PARF rebate and COE only like $300 left.  Since COE renewed, cannot renew anymore, can only scrap or export. Since old car, nobody wants it for export, so scrap. 

Would like to find out which yard pays out a better scrap metal value, or all the same?   

Twincharged
(edited)

@VictorLim The most is $500,i suppose your Car you paid 5 years COE,that is a wrong move,if you paid 10 years COE, 5 years ago,selling now will get more.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Hi I got Suzuki Swift Auto White Color 1.5A COE Car Original Registration is 17 Aug 2007, COE cannot extend anymore is in August has to scrap. What is the scrap value of this car? Or is there any value for this car to be exported? Any exporter to reach out to?

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 11/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, Fcw75 said:

I also need to scrap my car next year. Can share the contact?

Renew coe lah

renew Liao then sell away 🤪

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Renew coe lah

renew Liao then sell away 🤪

Renewed 5 years only, can’t renew anymore. 🥲

• Shocked 1

Twincharged

Everytime i tell People,Renew COE,Renew 10 Years,nobody listen,when Car reach 15th Years,Carbody is almost useless.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
18 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Everytime i tell People,Renew COE,Renew 10 Years,nobody listen,when Car reach 15th Years,Carbody is almost useless.

Some don’t like to pay so much upfront rental to Ah gong. I always do 10years. If sian of the car can always sell or worse case just scrap and get the prorated back. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1