Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Actually, the thing I'm more interested in is whether we can self-export these 10 yr old cars to Malaysia for use there. 2k for a 10-yr old Audi A4 seems like a damn good deal to just basically tow it across the Causeway and use for driving holidays up north. Provided the car is still there when you visit it occasionally haha!

quite high man.

Yup, quite sad to let it go and its in good condition too bad can't re-new the COE.

Well..those exporters are like car dealers, they rip you off if you don't have original items like the STI high mount/Fish tail spoiler or Original semi bucket seats etc. So OEM items is a must.

Actually, the thing I'm more interested in is whether we can self-export these 10 yr old cars to Malaysia for use there. 2k for a 10-yr old Audi A4 seems like a damn good deal to just basically tow it across the Causeway and use for driving holidays up north. Provided the car is still there when you visit it occasionally haha!

I was thinking of that too. But where do we store the cars there over in JB? Unless we buy a house there or just park at an ulu area?

this is a good idea if it can be done.

i can park at my in-law's place in malaysia.

Any idea on the body value for Peugeot 206CC? Mine is registered in Sep 2004, 2 more years to scrap, but selling it soon most likely.

• Praise 1

can we export our car when it meets the 10 years COE?

we should be able to command higher price for self export?

Don't do it yourself,unless you know the export details,or else you cannot get your PARF back[i got into trouble before.!]

Don't do it yourself,unless you know the export details,or else you cannot get your PARF back[i got into trouble before.!]

i see.

so did u managed to claim back the PARF?

Yup, quite sad to let it go and its in good condition too bad can't re-new the COE.

Well..those exporters are like car dealers, they rip you off if you don't have original items like the STI high mount/Fish tail spoiler or Original semi bucket seats etc. So OEM items is a must.

is your WRX scraped before the 10 years period?

i see your signature put 2004 WRX.

I sold/scrap my 2003 corolla in feb for 4k.....

Some dealer offer 1.2-2k..

Must really go hunt ard for good price

Edited by Simpleonly
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

can pls share who are ur scrap dealers?

i called 3 and they quote only ~$100 for my ford focus <_<

Edited by Eyke

can pls share who are ur scrap dealers?

i called 3 and they quote only ~$100 for my ford focus <_<

american cars no value one [:(]

i see.

so did u managed to claim back the PARF?

This happen 12 yrs back when i sold my 19 yrs old Mercedes Benz 380SEL to my Indonesia customer for $2k,i drive to Pasir Panjang Gate 3,drive the car into a container,got a paper from them never see the contents in the paper,later at L.T.A.,they said the paper write "Used TV" ,they cannot de-register my car,i plea with them,later the officer said lucky my car got no PARF[19yrs old car no PARF],he de-register for me,if it have PARF,he warned me,i will not have a single cent back.....so i learned a lesson,when i scrapped my Rover75,3 yrs back,i let the dealer do the job,because the PARF is about $44K.

Edited by ER-3682

is your WRX scraped before the 10 years period?

i see your signature put 2004 WRX.

No bro, I scraped and exported it during the 8.5 Yr mark, around April this year. I called dozens of exporters and a lot of them don't take in wrx already..

If not for the 95k Coe i will renew it.

Turbocharged

So there is a difference between scrap and export...scrap is just chao ti value...

if export maybe to africa etc ..maybe can fetch higher..

so who decides for us whether it is export or scrap? The used dealer?

Edited by Kyrios

Turbocharged

I was thinking of that too. But where do we store the cars there over in JB? Unless we buy a house there or just park at an ulu area?

join their mm2h scheme loh.. just google for it.

Yes, E200 fetch the highest due to high demand oversea. $5k is the minimum, to the highest >$10k (depend on condition)

This price is for a close to 10 year E211 or a 5-year-old?

↡ Advertisement