Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

after reading this thread I find it meaningless to take good care of my car....wash the car under hot sun every sunday? waxing? change EO every 5k? what for?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can google various car exporters and call them one by one to get the quotes.

I scrapped and exported my 8.5 year old 2004 WRX for $3k body value. That was around june/july period this year.

I think the prices quoted for de-registering a car for export compared to de-registering for scrap differs greatly.

Edited by Amgm125
  • Praise 1

Can google various car exporters and call them one by one to get the quotes.

I scrapped and exported my 8.5 year old 2004 WRX for $3k body value. That was around june/july period this year.

I think the prices quoted for de-registering a car for export compared to de-registering for scrap differs greatly.

Good stuff. Any idea if there is an age limit for export?

• Praise 1

Good stuff. Any idea if there is an age limit for export?

Depends on make & demand bro. I scrap my 2004 car because its already 8.5 yrs old, can't afford to re-new coe and wanna get back some paper value. My friend scrap his MY03 wrx and got back around $2+k and its 9 yrs old.

On the other hand there are 20 yr old merc W124 with some demand overseas too, just gotta do extra homework by calling those exporters.

Neutral Newbie

Hihi,

I have a Nov 04 Hyundai Matrix to scrap and de-register. I would like to do it myself. Any one out there can advice me on the procedure?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi if i scrap my car but my paper values is less than my outstanding loan what should i do.

you will need to top up whatever outstanding loan that you have

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi if i scrap my car but my paper values is less than bank loan what should i do?

errrrrr....pay the bank the outstanding balance??

Hi if i scrap my car but my paper values is less than bank loan what should i do?

You should inform your bank and pay the outstanding load 1st before u can deregister & scrap yr car.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

You should inform your bank and pay the outstanding load 1st before u can deregister & scrap yr car.

actualli, the bank is still holding the logcard if loan not settled so can't suka suka scrap one.

That time I trade in my car so the dealer give a good price..

Maybe u can give them a call.. It call rocket auto they are listed in sgcarmart u can find the contact there..

B hope it help.. Cheers

That time I trade in my car so the dealer give a good price..

Maybe u can give them a call.. It call rocket auto they are listed in sgcarmart u can find the contact there..

B hope it help.. Cheers

↡ Advertisement