Neutral Newbie (edited)

You mean the dealer took in ur BMW 320 paying u paper value plus $2300???? Wow can intro/recommend ur dealer.

how do I pass u the contact? How much were u offered? Edited by Mcfrver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Thanks. I have then decided to keep and will renew 10 years COE for it.

Smart move!

Clutched

Looking for Honda Fit with around 1 year left to coe. Please PM me. No dealer pls.

Looking for Honda Fit with around 1 year left to coe. Please PM me. No dealer pls.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

E200 worth the most,W211 cost worth up to $5K[there are demand oversea],Volvo worth the least[no demand],the most$1k.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

5th Gear

That is true. I contacted a few dealer regarding my Honda Civic 1.6VTi, COE expired on 16 Apr 2019. All of them only offered min PARF value (12.569) + 500 body = 13k. And the mileage of my car is only 87000 km (genuine mileage since always service at Kah Motor with servicing record from day 1), I quite sure they will sell it to other user later as COE car with higher margin.

Friend just scrap his 08 altis last month(dec 18).1.9k for body.

Dealer offers body from 1.3k,1.5k to last dealer offer 1.9k.

The last dealer told him when they take in those scrap car(depends on models),they got a target price for the car.Usually parf lower,they will offer abit more for body if you bargain hard enough.

Example like your civic.

Lets say their target price is 13k.(12.5k parf + 0.5k body)

If other civic owner parf is lower due to yen fluctuation or whatever reasons when he register his car 10yrs ago and if this civic parf is 12k,they will offer 1k for body.So they still pay 13k.

Something like that.

This is what friend told me but truth anot,don't know.lol.....

Supercharged

Friend just scrap his 08 altis last month(dec 18).1.9k for body.

Dealer offers body from 1.3k,1.5k to last dealer offer 1.9k.

The last dealer told him when they take in those scrap car(depends on models),they got a target price for the car.Usually parf lower,they will offer abit more for body if you bargain hard enough.

Example like your civic.

Lets say their target price is 13k.(12.5k parf + 0.5k body)

If other civic owner parf is lower due to yen fluctuation or whatever reasons when he register his car 10yrs ago and if this civic parf is 12k,they will offer 1k for body.So they still pay 13k.

Something like that.

This is what friend told me but truth anot,don't know.lol.....

For what reason dealer need to "compensate" the seller?

Body i know there's a range between condition of the car. But paper still just paper loh

• Praise 1

5th Gear

For what reason dealer need to "compensate" the seller?

Body i know there's a range between condition of the car. But paper still just paper loh

That's why I said if you bargain hard enough if not who willing to pay you more?

Of cos also must be dealer popular car if not dealer will tell you" you want come,dont want done".lol........ 

Anyway,friend altis 200k plus mileage,paintwork horrible and back bumper distorted.

Dealer comes to his house and offer.lol......

He call around 5 to 6 dealers.

• Praise 1

6th Gear

Thanks. I have then decided to keep and will renew 10 years COE for it.

Hi pal,

If you happen to change your mind, do drop me a PM.

I’m looking for a car to let my FIL ferry the kids.

Thank you

Am scrapping my BMW 520i XL soon. I am the second owner and milage around 157000km. Body and paint still looks good. Anyone can msg me to quote for the body? Can transfer immediate or mid of march depending on the price quote.

post-173835-0-50083200-1549956899_thumb.jpg

post-173835-0-36194500-1549956919_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

where can we buy direct from seller who scraping car and we want to extend. SG mart all controlled by agents and dealers with body priced at a few thousand. but seller scraping is offered only 500.

• Praise 1

where can we buy direct from seller who scraping car and we want to extend. SG mart all controlled by agents and dealers with body priced at a few thousand. but seller scraping is offered only 500.

What model u looking for?
  • Praise 1

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and  buyer wanting extend coe can just take over.  No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Supersonic

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and  buyer wanting extend coe can just take over.  No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Have you tried SGCarmart?

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and buyer wanting extend coe can just take over. No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Carousell or Gumtree - free listing.

yes  try gumtree ( mostly expired ads). carousell ( little owners scrap car), sgusedcar ( all crowded with dealers.   It seem like dealers are rounding up all the scrapped and topping up with COE .  They just packaged a 5 or 10 years old coe car after paying zero or a few hundred  for scrap body according to his thread.  But the price they quoting are a few thousand more after adding the COE.

could there be a site for genuine owners to go sell to buyers direct?.  

Supercharged

could there be a site for genuine owners to go sell to buyers direct?.  

SGcarmart do have Direct Owner (not all but do have a few Genuine owner) sales BUT you need to be very fast for a good deal.

Alot of potential  buyer, mostly dealer monitor the site like how one will monitor the stock market. Once a good deal spotted the hunter will go for it swiftly.

This thread oso have genuine owner selling. List down what you scouting for and those wanna sell will PM u.

Good luck

• Praise 1

1st Gear (edited)

i am looking for a best site or forum where sellers can list and buyer wanting extend coe can just take over. No model in particular just browsing for best bargain

Different car and model hv different body price.....u may wanna consider e model u looking for so we can advice u better.

If u really wan a car to renew COE without paying few K to dealer, will u consider nissan teana? I know this partcular car body only few hundred only, mayb max $500 nia however if u r looking for a MPv or SUv to renew COE? Few hundred highly unlikely coz e body is worth few k, some high demand MPv body also can fetch close to 5 figure. That y sometimes cant blame e dealer also coz depend on what car u wan in e 1st place.

Edited by 81civic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2