Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone got an rough estimate of the scrap/export value of the two following car?

2011 scirocco 1.4 stock
2011 panamera 3.6 stock

thanks in advance

Neutral Newbie

Hello all! 
I went to one PI recently to survey on new cars. But that’s not my point of posting here. 
I told them that I have existing coe car to scrap. So they offer to scrap but there will be a 1% paperwork fee (or whatever admin fee there is) charge. He said 1% is very low, some even charge up to 5% fee and that this is the norm everywhere. Is this true? 

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Parfait said:

Hello all! 
I went to one PI recently to survey on new cars. But that’s not my point of posting here. 
I told them that I have existing coe car to scrap. So they offer to scrap but there will be a 1% paperwork fee (or whatever admin fee there is) charge. He said 1% is very low, some even charge up to 5% fee and that this is the norm everywhere. Is this true? 

some dealers do charge an admin fee. but typically they will just offer a lower body value for the car. They either tell you behind your back or right infront of your face. That dealer you were talking to di it behind your back. haha. 

19 minutes ago, Parfait said:

Hello all! 

True but it’s also true that LTA has made it easy for everyone via Onemotoring so that you can ignore this type of opportunistic dealer

Neutral Newbie

I should have known it earlier! Mine is a coe car, so they only take in paper value, And charged me that 1% admin fee. Too bad fell for this, already paid to the salesman though. Guess once I collected new car will question him about this. 
Buy new car 1.5k admin fee. 
To scrap car another 1% admin fee (that’s almost close to 1k for my case). 🤦‍♀ 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Parfait said:

I should have known it earlier! Mine is a coe car, so they only take in paper value, And charged me that 1% admin fee. Too bad fell for this, already paid to the salesman though. Guess once I collected new car will question him about this. 

Next time come here and ask first. Take it as protection fee lah. Your car will "soon soon" come to you.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Parfait said:

your scrap car $100k?

Neutral Newbie

1% paper value of scrap car. 
Scrap car not 100k. Sorry for the confusion 😅 Paid close to 1k bcs of the 1% admin fee plus settling finance side for break even.  And another $200 for whatever paper work. 
Case closed, already paid them boo hoo. Just want to know if there’s really this 1%-5% admin/ processing fee for scrapping. Now I will just take that as their commission earned. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Parfait said:

1% paper value of scrap car. 
Scrap car not 100k. Sorry for the confusion 😅 Paid close to 1k bcs of the 1% admin fee plus settling finance side for break even.  And another $200 for whatever paper work. 
Case closed, already paid them boo hoo. Just want to know if there’s really this 1%-5% admin/ processing fee for scrapping. Now I will just take that as their commission earned. 

When you collecting new car? hahaha. We all go down help you wand off all the admin charges.

• Haha! 1

My VW Tiguan due for scrap in March/2020, my old friend scrap dealer quoted me off hand $2.5k for the body, is this reasonable ? ( without seeing the car )

I be getting my Parf at 50% on OMV correct !

44 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yeah. Parf @ 50% is correct.

2.5K is not bad. Plus you no need to go to scrapyard yourself.

The scrap dealer will handle everything for me once i hand over the car to him, all I have to do is to use his coy computer, use my sing pass to login LTA to inform them the necessary  . . . [drivingcar]

On 2/18/2020 at 6:15 PM, Parfait said:

your 1% admin fee is $1k, that means your COE car, which has no more ARF,  worth close to $100k  in COE? Or your car worth quite substantial in export value ? ,then you should sell it in the open market or sell it to dealers.  Or you scrap your car when it was fairly new?   

Edited by Ct3833