Windscreen chipped

Eviltrap

Hi guys, I just got back from Malaysia and my windscreen had a small chipped part. Think must be from flying gravels on the NSH.

Anyone has any good workshop to recommend to assess my damage? And hospital much does it cost to change it?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

How big is the chip? got picture?

If it's small....maybe can mend in less than $50

if it's big, just change. can get insurance to cover. but got some insurance got access to pay so you need to check with your's.

small crack can grow bigger due to pressure, so get it fix ASAP..

Hi guys, I just got back from Malaysia and my windscreen had a small chipped part. Think must be from flying gravels on the NSH.

Anyone has any good workshop to recommend to assess my damage? And hospital much does it cost to change it?

Thanks in advance.

If u think u going to hit the NSHW again, then forget it, unless u totally avoid trucks ahead of u which is quite impossible.

Mine have million chips and even a big dent on bonnet due to some wooden log flying over from dunno where..

Thanks in advance.

If the damage not tt big can DIY . It cost around 30 plus and the procedure of the repair very simple.Done on my previous ride and very effective

Thanks in advance.

y not u check with your insurer. ... usually they will not charge you if you choose to repair the chip and does not affect your excess....

lagi better - AXA give you $50 voucher or something like that everytime you choose to repair...

BTW, if you choose to report to insurer, tell them it is a crack - do not use the term "chipping" as they will not provide coverage for chipping.... dun ask me what determine chipping or cracking... just use the right term when you report to the insurer.

Though insurance may cover the replacement of windscreen, you will still have to pay for the sunscreen film yourself.

Turbocharged

ya lor, my car also got 1 chip.

the pebble dont know come from where.

when i looked a the video, im the only car driving at nicoll highway at 1am. 200m ahead of me no car at all.

insurer change it for free. but i need to pay for my own window film.

1yr plus already, the crack still the same size.

My insurer is Directasia. Not sure whether they cover my windscreen.

Actually, I didn't even know about the crack until my wife told me about it.

I went to assess it as soon as we stopped. There was a bit of chipped off point, but the actual crack was under it.

Size? Maybe about 5cent coin size.

I'll take a picture and post up here tomorrow.

If the damage not tt big can DIY . It cost around 30 plus and the procedure of the repair very simple.Done on my previous ride and very effective

How to DIY?

(edited)

heard of glass medic?

Thanks for the recommendation!

Just googled them and saw from the website.

Q3 - Why must we paste a clear tape outside the crack?

ANS - The reason is simple,we do not want more air,dirt,water or pressure trap inside the crack while you are still driving with the crack on the windscreen.

[knife]

I didn't tape it!!

And it was raining real badly on NSH today!

Edited by Eviltrap

Thanks for the recommendation!

Just googled them and saw from the website.

Q3 - Why must we paste a clear tape outside the crack?

ANS - The reason is simple,we do not want more air,dirt,water or pressure trap inside the crack while you are still driving with the crack on the windscreen.

[knife]

I didn't tape it!!

And it was raining real badly on NSH today!

Autobacs got a few different brands of windscreen repair kit too.

Autobacs got a few different brands of windscreen repair kit too.

Is it possible to repair the crack under the chipped area?

I hope it can, then don't have to spend more money on the solar film if it is to be replaced.

Is it possible to repair the crack under the chipped area?

I hope it can, then don't have to spend more money on the solar film if it is to be replaced.

Looking at the packaging with a lot of Japanese words and some fantastic b4 vs after pics, they seem to be able to fill the crack with some transparent paste.

They are about $30+ only so no harm trying.