Teacher vs Parents = Police Report!!

Jman888

Supersonic

I like reason 2 the best. Not happy, the son can always ship out! Not happy with judge rule, the father can also return IC and ship out.

Independent schools too?

That I don't know.

But acs br is not an independent sch.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

If this particular rule is set across the board in ALL schools in singapore.. covered under MOE guildlines.

It then will not be under contest at all..

But when it is crafted by non-professionals.. then of cus its open to interpretation and challenges.

And when it is challenged, how can u NOT reply?

Then wats the point of a punishment that every tom, dick and harry here will agree that it is easily circumvented?

as some one said here go buy another phone.. $40/- problem solved..

I dont subscribe to punishment for the sake of it. The punishment must serve its purpose.. esp when it comes to education.

Why would the principal reply if he is under the employ of moe? He would just pass it up the line and probably moe decided to ignore it probably given this father history. So the only way might be to let it go to the courts and then do a slam dunk and close the case. I don't believe that whatever the reply was would satisfy the father.

I have not seen a single comment from anyone.. myself included that the father was right in pursing his action..

downright stupid.. and self-pwn.

what i am saying is .. the punishment.. in this case.. 3mth confiscation to be excessive and serves no actual purpose when it can be easily circumvented. If a punishment does not serve its purpose, dont you think that that particular punishment should be amended??

There are many things that have two sides...

why did the school not respond to the father, esp after he issued a lawyer's letter?

i am sure when a court case was impending.. MOE big wigs were informed.. why was no compromising of any sort done? Why was it even a court case eventually?

Take a step back, chastise the father for his actions.. but im not so sure the school was totally feckless.

Rules said 3 months, not happy can go other school. Whether or not it is enough or excessive, that is another matter altogether. Not sure why you keep harping on it.

And it seems like for this case, the father die die wanted the phone back immediately probably without any good reason. What makes you think that the principal not willing to compromised.

• Praise 3

If this particular rule is set across the board in ALL schools in singapore.. covered under MOE guildlines.

But when it is crafted by non-professionals.. then of cus its open to interpretation and challenges.

Then wats the point of a punishment that every tom, dick and harry here will agree that it is easily circumvented?

I dont subscribe to punishment for the sake of it. The punishment must serve its purpose.. esp when it comes to education.

In this case iPhone 7, so closer to $1k,but beside the point.

Any punishment from the school can only be effective if the parents cooperate. You see this punishment as ineffective because it can be easily circumvented. What should be done then, lock the boy up in the cupboard after school? Stuff his parents in with him? Apply court order to freeze his parents' assets so they can't buy a new phone?

The Father is Andrew hanam. Quite infamous for pursuing stupid cases.

Kena from law society before.

father is that guy? or that guy represented father? 

Rules said 3 months, not happy can go other school. Whether or not it is enough or excessive, that is another matter altogether. Not sure why you keep harping on it.

And it seems like for this case, the father die die wanted the phone back immediately probably without any good reason. What makes you think that the principal not willing to compromised.

This particular rule was the root cause of this whole fiasco.. so. you cannot say its another matter altogether. 

In this case iPhone 7, so closer to $1k,but beside the point.

Any punishment from the school can only be effective if the parents cooperate. You see this punishment as ineffective because it can be easily circumvented. What should be done then, lock the boy up in the cupboard after school? Stuff his parents in with him? Apply court order to freeze his parents' assets so they can't buy a new phone?

i already suggested way earlier..  

restriction of freedom..  detention class, social work etc 

or even a longer term partial confiscation of phone only during school time.. 

go school.. drop phone in cabinet. leave school. take home. not more effective in your opinion?

Why would the principal reply if he is under the employ of moe? He would just pass it up the line and probably moe decided to ignore it probably given this father history. So the only way might be to let it go to the courts and then do a slam dunk and close the case. I don't believe that whatever the reply was would satisfy the father.

MOE didnt make that rule ya know...  

Turbocharged

Why argue it here? When I tread the need, rich father with huge bruised who it seems... Iphone7, sue school? Aiyah, rich man game lar... And judge should ask him pay all the cost and apologize to school for suing such minor matter. This will stop those rich man with huge ego to think twice before eating others time... As the judge make it clear, if he doesn't like the house rule? Change school lor....

• Praise 1

Why argue it here? When I tread the need, rich father with huge bruised who it seems... Iphone7, sue school? Aiyah, rich man game lar... And judge should ask him pay all the cost and apologize to school for suing such minor matter. This will stop those rich man with huge ego to think twice before eating others time... As the judge make it clear, if he doesn't like the house rule? Change school lor....

ssshhh...  dont stop my fun leh...   forum must have people with different views then fun right? 

everyone slam the father sibei boring one la..   

sometimes.. its good to force yourself to take the stand of the antagonist... then forum got a bit more color..  [:p]

Talking about in-house rules..   

can you imagine a hospital, have a in-house rule that states it cannot be sued for malpractice?

Would that hold up in the courts if challenged? [confused]

I think you got it all wrong. The punishment is to tell him he did something wrong, the parents should be the one educate him at home (which apparently lack of). the school only enforce on the rule they set, whether the boy going to learn or not depends on him and the parents support. You apparently have hopeful thought that every punishment must see result which in ideal world it never cos druggie will some how go back to drug.

The parents can overrule what the school wish to do like in this case, but it has the right to stick to its rules. Nothing to do with whether the punishment serve its purpose.

Hypersonic

wah..i wish my company would confiscate my mobile phone for 3 months if i happen to get caught using it during a meeting as punishment

imagine no longer need to look at emails and answer business calls for 3 months during personal time

:a-m1212:  :D

• Praise 1

I think you got it all wrong. The punishment is to tell him he did something wrong, the parents should be the one educate him at home (which apparently lack of). the school only enforce on the rule they set, whether the boy going to learn or not depends on him and the parents support. You apparently have hopeful thought that every punishment must see result which in ideal world it never cos druggie will some how go back to drug.

The parents can overrule what the school wish to do like in this case, but it has the right to stick to its rules. Nothing to do with whether the punishment serve its purpose.

You see.. if thats the argument that you are going to take. That in this case.. the school is just asserting its right to the rules that it set..  then the grandiose aim of educating the young is moot.

If the punishment is to tell him its wrong.. 3days.. 3weeks, 33days  will all serve the same purpose doesnt it? 

ssshhh...  dont stop my fun leh...   forum must have people with different views then fun right? 

everyone slam the father sibei boring one la..   

sometimes.. its good to force yourself to take the stand of the antagonist... then forum got a bit more color..  [:p]

Talking about in-house rules..   

can you imagine a hospital, have a in-house rule that states it cannot be sued for malpractice?

Would that hold up in the courts if challenged? [confused]

eh dun bring ess aaah effff...here hahhahaa

anyway , rules made, learn or not, have to be enforced!  PEriod!  

Do not want to set a precedent for others to follow.

nb...i just got discharged from orrpital and you giveing me headache..think i go back in .....kekeke

I did mention that I'm surprised the Principal didn't give in to the parents and that their rule is so strict.

Whether 3mth confiscation is excessive or serve a purpose, is not up to us to determine. Just like those caught using mobile while driving will have their mobiles confiscated plus fines and demerit points (iirc), can we argue that mobiles can be easily replaced so it doesn't serve a purpose to confiscate it, unlike the points which cannot be topped up with cash money? The school has its rationale for having such a rule, and the fundamental reason is to ensure students don't get distracted by it during school time which is reasonable. Rules are not there to punish, they are there to ensure a desired outcome eg law and order. I believe most parents of the students in that school do not have an issue with this rule, they may in fact support it because it is meant to help their boys. Which parent want their boy to be whatsapping friends or on the facebook during lesson time?   If parents really feel this rule is an issue, they can always transfer their boys to a school that allows students more freedom in that aspect. 

I have not seen a single comment from anyone.. myself included that the father was right in pursing his action.. 

downright stupid.. and self-pwn. 

what i am saying is .. the punishment.. in this case.. 3mth confiscation to be excessive and serves no actual purpose when it can be easily circumvented. If a punishment does not serve its purpose, dont you think that that particular punishment should be amended?? 

There are many things that have two sides...  

why did the school not respond to the father, esp after he issued a lawyer's letter?

i am sure when a court case was impending.. MOE big wigs were informed..  why was no compromising of any sort done? Why was it even a court case eventually? 

Take a step back, chastise the father for his actions.. but im not so sure the school was totally feckless.

• Praise 1

You see.. if thats the argument that you are going to take. That in this case.. the school is just asserting its right to the rules that it set..  then the grandiose aim of educating the young is moot.

If the punishment is to tell him its wrong.. 3days.. 3weeks, 33days  will all serve the same purpose doesnt it? 

99% will learn, but here clearly, the kid WILL NOT...and i blame it ALL on the parents for that matter.  Shielding the kid would not do him anymore good

anyway knowing @superbored...hes just bored

trying means to get to use his new jinbored nick haaaaaaaaaaa

eh dun bring ess aaah effff...here hahhahaa

anyway , rules made, learn or not, have to be enforced!  PEriod!  

Do not want to set a precedent for others to follow.

nb...i just got discharged from orrpital and you giveing me headache..think i go back in .....kekeke

ookok.. the fiercer one tell me to shuddup liao...   

going to repent now...  [rolleyes]  :TT_TT:

ookok.. the fiercer one tell me to shuddup liao...   

going to repent now...  [rolleyes]  :TT_TT:

muahahahahha...awwww mai emo leh..... [inlove]  [inlove]

[:p]

I cannot believe what I just read. We have bad students and now seriously bad parents. These people are not fit to be parents. They are likely rich with money to burn. The entitlement mentality is mind boggling. [:|] [:|] [:|]

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/parent-sues-school-for-refusing-to-return-confiscated-phone-until-after-three?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1496757815

the father lose because he's not elite enough.... rich but not elite enough....... duh!!!

stupid. challenge school rule.  what kind of teaching is the father trying to teach his son?  To challenge school rule?  Next time the son will use lawyer to sue the father for trivial case.  its karma...... 

Unbelievable parents we have these days. 

If i'm the principal, the next thing i will do is to expel the son out.  the father can put him in another school with no handphone rule.

• Praise 1

the father lose because he's not elite enough.... rich but not elite enough....... duh!!!

stupid. challenge school rule.  what kind of teaching is the father trying to teach his son?  To challenge school rule?  Next time the son will use lawyer to sue the father for trivial case.  its karma...... 

Unbelievable parents we have these days. 

If i'm the principal, the next thing i will do is to expel the son out.  the father can put him in another school with no handphone rule.

i also agree this one.  Then maybe father will wake up.

Dunno if kid will learn anot...hor @superbored  :XD:

↡ Advertisement