Can save fuel or no difference ?

Tweakmax2

Air con is set to fan mode and not cool air. Meaning it is blowing normal temp air.

Yes,sure save fuel,but must also close your windows.

Yes. Can save fuel.

Longer duration will show the difference even more.

Save even more during hot afternoon weather.

Given same driving style, you will feel you car have more "power" when u off the aircon. If u don't use that power, petrol is saved. Saved the most during acceleration. Cruising with air con doesn't make much difference.

Air con is set to fan mode and not cool air. Meaning it is blowing normal temp air.

The air coming out is actually warm, warmer than surrounding air.

On cool night, you may wanna try opening the windows with 1 cm gap and switch the aircon vent to non-recirculating mode. Without aircon, you can feel the immediate power (if you're driving anything below 2L engine).

Edited by Kangadrool

for me aircon off can do two things............better power and save fuel............I ever try driving without aircon and the different is about 10%...........even with windows half down..........but i don't do it often........only if i am driving alone at night......... :D :D :D

Yes you can surely save fuel as the compreesor load on the engine is gone.

I find not using aircon, wind down windows, Lam Pa Pa Lun, in our hot weather??? Even in the night, wind down windows, the wind drag will eat up the 10% saved.

Won't save much but why torture yourself driving in our weather? Unless you are driving in the early mornings which then again will take even longer to see any savings...

Neutral Newbie

definitely can save some petrol, was doing this for the pass 2 months.

I only turn on the aircon when there is someone else in the car, thats roughly 20% of the time for one tank of petrol.

Compared to previously where the aircon is always on, I am hitting an extra of about 50km to 60km per tank of petrol.

Btw, the times when i drive are usually in the morning between 8 to 9 and evenings after 530pm, so weather and heat is usually not an issue.

**Window is always up, nvr wind down because of the dust and exhaust fumes.

Edited by Joajas

Neutral Newbie

Exactly, why make driving so miserable when the savings are only minimal...open windows increases drag, back to square one. LPPL

definitely can save some petrol, was doing this for the pass 2 months.

I only turn on the aircon when there is someone else in the car, thats roughly 20% of the time for one tank of petrol.

Compared to previously where the aircon is always on, I am hitting an extra of about 50km to 60km per tank of petrol.

Btw, the times when i drive are usually in the morning between 8 to 9 and evenings after 530pm, so weather and heat is usually not an issue.

**Window is always up, nvr wind down because of the dust and exhaust fumes.

50-60km extra mileage sounds good, what's what's total mileage it can get u? Example is with aircon, yr car can do 350km, without aircon, it does 400km.. then its really alot of difference. If with aircon on, yr car mileage is 500km, without aircon, its 550km, then not so significant

Wont buying a hybrid solve all problems 24.4km per litre

na....the only "hybrid" worth driving is the Lexus RX450......sweet m o t h e r f u c k e r car......

↡ Advertisement