VW Tiguan 2011-2012 feedback

Dezouk

It is a 7 speed DSG,but with "WET" clutch,same unit as the Audi's S-Tronic....because the Tiguan's engine is longtitude mounted.

the 7spd DSG is short on production the last time i enquired...the VW website is showing it as 6spd tiptronic now..

↡ Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I was driving home one day and decided to close the mesh sun shade since it was getting hot. I hardly ever used my sunroof but always thought it was a good feature to have anyway.

After I clicked for it to close, I noticed it wasn't moving forward and since my radio was up and the windows were down, I didn't hear a damn thing.

When I came to the lights and looked back, I realised one side of the mesh had been caught into the rail and pulled the other side out. Now I can't fully close it and the mesh fabric is all loose and hanging from the top.

Any suggestions!?!?!?

Help!!!

Looks like the running guides have dislodged from the rail. The mesh curtain have come loose and needs to be realigned. This is a major job as the roof lining needs to be removed. If the guides are damaged, you may need to replace them.

If your Tig is still under warranty, VW Singapore should take care of it for you. If it is not, I would suggest you see professional help in getting the rails/meshing realigned. Jason may be able to help you. He replaced my roof lining and is an expert in the continental cars section. His contact number is 81412988

Vist My Blog

http://jimmy-cbx.blogspot.sg/2011/09/products-by-cbx.html

Can anyone advise a recommended workshop that is specialized in VW Tiguan? got it 2 months and there's issue ald. please advise [:/]

Not that many Tiguans on the road, so i doubt that there is a workshop that specializes in it. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Your best bet are those that do more VAG rides.

Perhaps you can share what the problem is, and some more knowledgeable bros can advice :)

Can consider Skoda Kodiaq. The price is very attractive. Is a SUV (5+2 seats) with 150Hp/250 torque with 6 speed wet clutch. May look for Ryan Kee (salesman from skoda). Contact number is 94845424

• Dislike 1

@kxlimx How’s your 2011 Tiguan doing? Is it a 1.4 or 2.0? Which workshop did you end up going to? I recently bought a 2016 1.4TSI too.

bought a 2.0.. fixed the coolant engine after 3 months drive.. dealer refused to compensate the fixed though.. Other than that love the drive.. 

@kxlimx How’s your 2011 Tiguan doing? Is it a 1.4 or 2.0? Which workshop did you end up going to? I recently bought a 2016 1.4TSI too.

Which dealer did you bought from? Think have to send it to your dealer's workshop for servicing during warranty right? 

I brought it to a workshop I frequent with my previous Peugeot.. So far their service is good as well.. 

Precision Motorworks Pte Ltd

68 Kaki Bukit Avenue 6 #01-02 ARK @ KB S(417896) 

Edited by kxlimx
↡ Advertisement