Big Hyperstore also leaves....WHY?

Lv3338

rycarrefour1e.jpg

Carrefour leaves Singapore, Suntec City & Plaza Sing stores to shutHypermarket Carrefour will be exiting Singapore after the global retailer announced on Tuesday that it will shut its two stores located at Suntec City and Plaza Singapura before the end of the year.

Its spokesman said in a statement that the decision was made because expansion and growth prospects of the company do not allow it reach a leadership position.

In Singapore, Carrefour's main competitors are supermarket chain NTUC FairPrice and the Dairy Farm Group of supermarkets.

The closure will affect more than 380 employees. The spokesman said that it intends to work with other retailers to find jobs for its staff.

========

i quite like the hyperstore.... for christmas and cny shopping... [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Carrefour leaves Singapore, Suntec City & Plaza Sing stores to shutHypermarket Carrefour will be exiting Singapore after the global retailer announced on Tuesday that it will shut its two stores located at Suntec City and Plaza Singapura before the end of the year.

Its spokesman said in a statement that the decision was made because expansion and growth prospects of the company do not allow it reach a leadership position.

In Singapore, Carrefour's main competitors are supermarket chain NTUC FairPrice and the Dairy Farm Group of supermarkets.

The closure will affect more than 380 employees. The spokesman said that it intends to work with other retailers to find jobs for its staff.

========

i quite like the hyperstore.... for christmas and cny shopping... [bigcry]

seems like indirectly hinting fairprice took up too much market share

I 'm sure if they leave suntec and ps.. Either fairprice or cold storage will take over the place one.

Edited by Baphomet

I 'm sure if they leave suntec and ps.. Either fairprice or cold storage will take over the place one.

but i like carrefour for their cheaper milk powder and their wider range of automotive accessories and products.

(edited)

but i like carrefour for their cheaper milk powder and their wider range of automotive accessories and products.

ya...so sad.... automotive accessorries is one of pulling factor for me to be here....

has our market too monopolized tilll big giant also "baey tahan ler" ?

Edited by Lv3338

Turbocharged

IMO, they chose the wrong locations. PS and Suntec are not cheap in terms of rental.

They should open at some neighbourhood malls where rental is cheaper.

But to be fair, the domestic market is too small to have Carefour, NTUC, Cold Storage, Seng Siong, Shop and Save, Giant, and not forgetting all the smaller provision shops.

ya...so sad.... automotive accessorries is one of pulling factor for me to be here....

has our market too monoplized tilll big giant also "baey tahan ler" ?

same same........automotive accessories is also drawing me to carrefour.

i think this case seems like carrefour not happy at the inability to expand bigger probably due to some unfair advantage FP has haha

same same........automotive accessories is also drawing me to carrefour.

i think this case seems like carrefour not happy at the inability to expand bigger probably due to some unfair advantage FP has haha

like that see when M1 also leave liao lor [:p]

Fairprice and Cold Storage already mop up all the good locations liao.

Sigh no more super sweet carrefour apple tart and their cheap and not bad croissants

(edited)

the consumer will not have advantage if the market is monopolized....

carrefour used to be a landmark at suntec city....no one is sad about it......

Edited by Lv3338