Beating red light - will you give him a chance?

Nikelashi

To give, or not to give?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send the video to TP?

• Let him be
    • Let the police decide his fate

Twincharged

Give him a break.. He probably felt bad as he sped up quite abit after crossing the red light, road is wet and maybe he doesn't want to jam brakes.

He is obviously not attentive enough. At that kind of speeds, he won't need to jam brakes to stop and he crossed the line quite a while after the lights turned red anyway which means that when the lights turned amber, he was still quite a distance away. Shows that either he never notice the traffic lights or he just don't bother.

To me, considering the road conditions, U're probably following too close behind e BMW also [rolleyes]

Edited by Yslim79

the bus in front was blocking his view....so when last second saw the light, its a split second decision to accelerate or hard brake. Hard brake also wrong, accelerate also wrong...so he mistake is following too closely. Hard brake may be the 'correct' way but it can cause accident easily (many accidents are caused by hard braking, then kena rear ended)...so either way can 'die' one.

I like how the pedestrian started to cross the road even before the road is clear.....

There is no excuse for beating red light, Its raining and the driver should be more caution when driving on a wet day. He sped up clearly indicate he/she knows the lights are changing red and he/she choose to beat it.

Edited by Bigbadguy

Neutral Newbie

To me, considering the road conditions, U're probably following too close behind e BMW also [rolleyes]

Agreed!

the BMW worries your brakes isn't good enough! HE is saving your pocket!

Twincharged

the bus in front was blocking his view....so when last second saw the light, its a split second decision to accelerate or hard brake. Hard brake also wrong, accelerate also wrong...so he mistake is following too closely. Hard brake may be the 'correct' way but it can cause accident easily (many accidents are caused by hard braking, then kena rear ended)...so either way can 'die' one.

I like how the pedestrian started to cross the road even before the road is clear.....

He shouldn't need to brake hard. Isn't it taught in driving school to always cover the brakes when approaching a junction? Not practical for most of the times but when it is raining and you are in a school zone its better to be safe.

Twincharged

Looks like he is a Bimmer owner and not driver!

Quite a number of these luxury cars are driven by their drivers right? Nowadays like more common. See them wearing long sleeved shirt and ties. Then after that realised actually is just the driver going to pick up someone.

Edited by Nzy

Neutral Newbie

From the video, it seems the bus blocked the driver's view. Yes, the BMW should keep a safety distance but it is not a common practice (you know I know). Anyway it seems the car filming was following very close to the BMW too. If the BMW jam brake, can the car behind stop in time on the slippery road?

Supercharged

Let me ask you : if the driver knocks somebody, who will give the victim a chance not to be knocked down?

My children's school outside also have such idiot drivers...they just beat the red light even when children are crossing....the school OM already counted 4 such cases so far!

So the answer is NO (chance). Please send your video to TP! :angry:

Neutral Newbie

From the video, it seems the bus blocked the driver's view. Yes, the BMW should keep a safety distance but it is not a common practice (you know I know). Anyway it seems the car filming was following very close to the BMW too. If the BMW jam brake, can the car behind stop in time on the slippery road?

It wasn't raining heavily, it's just drizzling very lightly. Just that I a bit lazy to wipe. Interval wiping also too frequent, rain not heavy enough... If the bmw brakes for the light, i'll be able to stop in time, without having the need to jam my brakes. the speed and the distance is still quite safe and comfortable, imho (and judgement).

Dude u are tailgating the bmw

He probably don't want you to rear end his relatively new car bumper.

Don't act internet hero

This is definitely not "border-line" case, he has ample time to stop but chose to speed up. Don't think bus block the overhead traffic light.

I vote for send. TS you decide.

↡ Advertisement