Beating red light - will you give him a chance?

Nikelashi

To give, or not to give?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send the video to TP?

• Let him be
    • Let the police decide his fate

Actually TS can just decide and I dun see the need for him to post here and ask for opinion. Why need a poll?

Should I or should I not etc....lol

In times to come, every car shld be equip with a camera and someone will come here post that he sees a boy peeing in public. Then should he report to the police or ask the mother come talk to him n see if he wants to give a second chance...lol

↡ Advertisement

i will give 1 chance,

cause sometime i also chiong by accident.

either way, go appeal and ask for dps or fine.

sometimes really by accident,

but of cause if u P plate then don't bother appealing.

Then pls tell the same driver that he got 1 chance... (obviously this is not possible)

So a warning letter (or summon) from TP will be a good reminder for 1 chance or no chance. [rolleyes]

If I were the TS, I'd just mind my own business and move on with my life. Sometimes, the road is so empty the drivers fail to notice the traffic light. It happened to me a few times especially at night when there're no cars in front of me & no pedestrians around.

Singaporeans nowadays use their cameras as weapon to hurt others. When they have a problem with someone, the first thing they do is switch on their cam as wield it as if it's a sword/shield. It's kinda pathetic IMO.

Neutral Newbie

I'm new here, stumble across this thread as one of my first few threads in this forum. On Singapore roads, it seems like recent years, many drivers disregard the first couple of seconds of the red light at junctions without red light cameras. Don't recall such high frequency of sighting of similar incidents many years back.

I've always wondered, how many such videos TP receive on a daily basis, and how they will react to such videos. Anyone has experiences to share?

As for this BMW driver, I think he deliberately sped up, so he already knew it turned red, no need to talk about giving him benefit of the doubt. The roads were definitely not empty nor quiet, plus the school zone, rain, wet roads ... all goes against him too. The only thing I think he may or may not have noticed is that there's actually someone trying to cross the road, as he was focusing on the red light and his accelerator.

Actually I chose to give the benefit of doubt to the BMW driver on whether he sped up deliberately , it could be TS braked and on the camera view, the relative speed misled us to think the BMW sped up.

It wasn't raining heavily, it's just drizzling very lightly. Just that I a bit lazy to wipe. Interval wiping also too frequent, rain not heavy enough... If the bmw brakes for the light, i'll be able to stop in time, without having the need to jam my brakes. the speed and the distance is still quite safe and comfortable, imho (and judgement).

very good. Your video got count the seconds... you count lor... is there 2 seconds between him and you? obviously not. Some more the road was wet. And you're still so confident. Your tyres got spikes ah?

I say send in. Maybe you will get a fine for tailgating. The driver in front may get off with a warning because if he braked, you would run into him, and maybe you would be the one to cause him to knock down a pedestrian when your car knocks into his.

Twincharged

very good. Your video got count the seconds... you count lor... is there 2 seconds between him and you? obviously not. Some more the road was wet. And you're still so confident. Your tyres got spikes ah?

I say send in. Maybe you will get a fine for tailgating. The driver in front may get off with a warning because if he braked, you would run into him, and maybe you would be the one to cause him to knock down a pedestrian when your car knocks into his.

You are right about the tailgating part. But then the driver infront also won't get off with a warning for sure. There was no need to brake hard at all even if he intended to stop for the red light. Even if he stops for the red light. So he probably can't give the excuse that TS tailgating so he don't dare to stop.

is there such fine for tailgating?

if yes and sending in video does works, i am installing a video cam on the back of my car tmr.

Supercharged

if yes and sending in video does works, i am installing a video cam on the back of my car tmr.

Why? You observed that someone is stalking you!!! [laugh]

Why? You observed that someone is stalking you!!! [laugh]

i suspect its my mother in law. [:p][laugh]:D

seriously, i hate vans, pick ups and lorries tailgating me when i am on the 2nd lane doing the max speed.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Supercharged

i suspect its my mother in law. [:p][laugh]:D

That is what happens when you reject sex with your wife too often!!! [laugh]

got... tailgating fine is up to $1,000 or jailed up to 6 months...

http://www.btinvest.com.sg/insurance/motor...-end-accidents/

but remember that road hogging also carries a maximum fine of $1,000 or 3 months (first offence) / $2,000 or 6 months (2nd or subsequent offence)... [:p]

http://www.mha.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?ni...EsQs%2F32Gnc%3D

You are right about the tailgating part. But then the driver infront also won't get off with a warning for sure. There was no need to brake hard at all even if he intended to stop for the red light. Even if he stops for the red light. So he probably can't give the excuse that TS tailgating so he don't dare to stop.

aye... tailgating means that the car at the back may knock into the car in front even if the car in front didn't brake hard...

Never give chance to anyone who beat red light. Cause these people one day will killed someone if they continue such act.

TS,

wanna report TP then report lah. Don't wanna report then don't report loh. What's the point of showing the video here?

Somehow, this video kind of reminds me of the cefiro vs kia koup incident.

↡ Advertisement