Vcam Solar .. no wiring req

Sp4wn

Turbocharged

no, not selling them myself, but ordered for my car.

http://www.vcam.eu/solar.html

i wanted something with no fuss and no wiring, and this looks like it fits the bill. should be here in a few days ... price was pretty reasonable considering there aren't many solar dashcams available (except for that ugly flower pot one i see everywhere)

i'll post some sample videos once i receive it and hook it up to my car ... just thought some of you bros might want to consider if you are lazy like me and dont feel like doing any wiring. (plus, if this one is good, easy to move between cars)

only problem i forsee is battery dying, but hopefully there's some sort of audible alert (as it comes with cigarette adapter as well)

i was communicating with the seller from march or april when i found his site ... he just launched the item 2-3days ago (but he shipped mine last week since i was following up with him every now and then)

fingers crossed it works as advertised :D

↡ Advertisement

no, not selling them myself, but ordered for my car.

http://www.vcam.eu/solar.html

i wanted something with no fuss and no wiring, and this looks like it fits the bill. should be here in a few days ... price was pretty reasonable considering there aren't many solar dashcams available (except for that ugly flower pot one i see everywhere)

i'll post some sample videos once i receive it and hook it up to my car ... just thought some of you bros might want to consider if you are lazy like me and dont feel like doing any wiring. (plus, if this one is good, easy to move between cars)

only problem i forsee is battery dying, but hopefully there's some sort of audible alert (as it comes with cigarette adapter as well)

i was communicating with the seller from march or april when i found his site ... he just launched the item 2-3days ago (but he shipped mine last week since i was following up with him every now and then)

fingers crossed it works as advertised :D

if no sun light how?

Sun Visor always down leh, I hate wires too, so haven't install until now. New car will have air bags on pillar, also cannot install. Just touch wood daily.

Looking at the pic (I maybe wrong), it doesn't seems to have any adjustment freedom for the camera recording angle since it piggyback to the rearview mirror.

And likewise, if another driver with different height is driving the car, most likely will tilt the mirror to suit his/her view and probably cause the setting to be out again.

Turbocharged

if no sun light how?

the solar panel itself has a battery and the camera also has a built in battery. according to the guy, 2-3 hours of light a day should be sufficient. if low, just charge it while driving. can set motion sensor etc also. want to save battery can set it so it stops recordings after no movement (or can set +X min after no movement to shutdown)

my house carpark is basement style and its quite bright .. im hoping that will help.

anyway, leap of faith .. for $150 i figure might as well get a camera and try ...

Looking at the pic (I maybe wrong), it doesn't seems to have any adjustment freedom for the camera recording angle since it piggyback to the rearview mirror.

And likewise, if another driver with different height is driving the car, most likely will tilt the mirror to suit his/her view and probably cause the setting to be out again.

I didn't see the website in detail, it's piggy back visor or rear view mirror? Will there be straps see on the front of the rear view mirror?

Turbocharged

i guess i dont have that problem ... im the only named driver for my car ... :D

and till date, no one has ever driven my car ...

unless can clip on to mirror.

Turbocharged

I didn't see the website in detail, it's piggy back visor or rear view mirror? Will there be straps see on the front of the rear view mirror?

piggy back visor bro. though if that doesnt work out, i'll buy one of those suction cradles and shove the solar panel somewhere ... i hope.

vCam offers 3 video recording qualities, according to your needs / wishes (1280x960, 720x480, and 640x480 pixels, all 30fps)

This car cam is not HD or Full HD video quality. Get ready to be disappointed. This model of car cam is available cheaply in china and can be purchased thru online shops.

But the concept of solar powered battery is nice to have but may not work if always park in MSCP.

And me use the sun visor to store my cash card n discount cards only. If have it down, I cant see the road!!! Me too tall. [laugh]

piggy back visor bro. though if that doesnt work out, i'll buy one of those suction cradles and shove the solar panel somewhere ... i hope.

Do update us with pics, I really hate those wires! Thanks bro!

Turbocharged

vCam offers 3 video recording qualities, according to your needs / wishes (1280x960, 720x480, and 640x480 pixels, all 30fps)

This car cam is not HD or Full HD video quality. Get ready to be disappointed. This model of car cam is available cheaply in china and can be purchased thru online shops.

But the concept of solar powered battery is nice to have but may not work if always park in MSCP.

And me use the sun visor to store my cash card n discount cards only. If have it down, I cant see the road!!! Me too tall. [laugh]

fingers crossed la bro. the problem is gtr is very technical ... somemore already got 1 screen there to distract me ... im gonna use my passenger side visor anyway, so shouldnt affect me too much hopefully ...

Do update us with pics, I really hate those wires! Thanks bro!

can! fingers crossed it doesnt look like s--t hahaha ...

Sun Visor always down leh, I hate wires too, so haven't install until now. New car will have air bags on pillar, also cannot install. Just touch wood daily.

Just hide the wires underneath the celling cover and run it to passenger side A pillar (gotta peel it off and hide the cable behind it) and lay it nicely through the back of the glove box, run it towards the center console before connecting it to ciggy jack. Those who just fix the cam and leave the cable hanging right down from windscreen to ciggy jack is simply plain ugly and annoying. If you DIY ICE install before, you should know how to remove the a-pillar etc.

Just hide the wires underneath the celling cover and run it to passenger side A pillar (gotta peel it off and hide the cable behind it) and lay it nicely through the back of the glove box, run it towards the center console before connecting it to ciggy jack. Those who just fix the cam and leave the cable hanging right down from windscreen to ciggy jack is simply plain ugly and annoying. If you DIY ICE install before, you should know how to remove the a-pillar etc.

Both my A pillar got air bags, I better not disturb them. [laugh]

fingers crossed la bro. the problem is gtr is very technical ... somemore already got 1 screen there to distract me ... im gonna use my passenger side visor anyway, so shouldnt affect me too much hopefully ...

Just get tpower and car cam, plug into ur car cig lighter. No need to tap wire from anywhere in ur car. Simple and easy, able to be done in 5-10mins.

Both my A pillar got air bags, I better not disturb them. [laugh]

Then u can run the wire under ur door rubber seal. Very easy, 5mins work only.

Turbocharged

Just get tpower and car cam, plug into ur car cig lighter. No need to tap wire from anywhere in ur car. Simple and easy, able to be done in 5-10mins.

the guy who designed the interior of gtr not very good ... cig adaptor is right next to steering wheel (about 10-15cm away). on top of that, if i bend my knee, can hit the adaptor if its long enough ><

anyway, received the item last night, put it in the car this morning. only issue i realize is everytime wanna view the video, need to undock from the visor. but i guess ill only be doing so in event of accident ... i think. lol.

↡ Advertisement