Which GPS to buy?

Vtim

oh, one more question, the latest Garmin's satellite tracking is it very fast ?

my old 205w seems to take at least 5mins~7mins to track (when it was working) [sweatdrop]

Yes, nowadays the newer Garmin models are very fast in logging onto the satellites. I own a 2465 and the satellites log-on is almost instantaneous. Most of the time, after switching on, when it displays the home page, the satellites are already log-on. That good. Much better than the older models that I owned before and also the high end 3675. I would recommend the 2465LM without hesitation.

• Praise 3

There are the Garmin's City Navigator, MSM and MFM updates.......neber heard of LTA one leh...... [confused]

The LTA one is actually not a map. It is a Singapore postal code and address database file which needs to be used concurrently with any Garmin map of Singapore for it to work.

I will recommend Morbella too. Their satellite lock-in fast and map updates is very very easy to do. Go and check out their website before you intend to buy.

The price is way more reasonable as compare to Garmin but not downgrading the service support. The DVR promotion is back and my colleagues asking me to bring them down tomorrow. I meant I don't know anyone there but hopefully can get a good pricing since they are 3 of them.

BUT.... I don't want to take the blame if they don't like it so I will still bring them to see others and then make Mobella final stop...

Good luck [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 3

Mmmmm.......price for 50LM about the same as challenger thought 40LM is cheaper than that of Challenger.....

OT a bit....I don't know why when I set my navigation to avoid ERP, the route it suggest still goes thru the ERP??? [confused]

That road in qns is Eu Tong Seng street.......

my old trusty Garmin 205W no longer working, can't detect satellite even I were to stand outside my car with it in my hand for more than 15mins.

Any recommendation? I mostly need it for trips up North.

Same issue I had it changed

• Praise 1

If my budget only $100, what GPS can I buy??? [:(]

Use your hand phone. For Android, papago is good with life map update from MFM.

Edited by Ender

OT a bit....I don't know why when I set my navigation to avoid ERP, the route it suggest still goes thru the ERP??? [confused]

That road in qns is Eu Tong Seng street.......

Where you coming from? If you coming from north, than everywhere is ERP how not to avoid? [laugh] [laugh]

post-14834-1346243710_thumb.jpg

Just by looking at this map already so many erp and further down also alot erp. GPS calculate and somehow just no route to avoid erp. [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Where you coming from? If you coming from north, than everywhere is ERP how not to avoid? [laugh] [laugh]

Just by looking at this map already so many erp and further down also alot erp. GPS calculate and somehow just no route to avoid erp. [laugh] [laugh]

I was at Tiong Bahru and wanted to go to Tanjong Katong.......where got need to go thru' ERP??? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Use your hand phone. For Android, papago is good with life map update from MFM.

I know iphone can use Waze apps. Android phone the GPS apps is called "papago"?

I'll choose Garmin 'cos now the new model comes with lifetime map update up to 4 times per year and the cheapest one is the 40LM with 4.3" screen selling at about $179 at Challenger....... [cool]

izzit? which model?

how come mine dn hv

• Praise 1

izzit? which model?

how come mine dn hv

Now the new ones that comes with the letters 'LM' means got lifetime map updates.....

↡ Advertisement