Which GPS to buy?

Vtim

I am using a pioneer AVH-X2650BT and i will use the appradio mode to tap into my android smartphone using waze.

used to use a garmin nuvi 1250 but have to update the maps and a few years the gps will be outdated. So i intend to invest on a better headunit and since i will change a phone every few year, my navi system will only depend on my phone. haha.

My have to control cuz like that got data charges.

bro. you mean the gps maps will appear on your headunit instead of your android smartphone?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If you seldom use it in Singapore, but frequently use it in Malaysia, you should go for Marbella running Papago software.

I personally find Papago much better than Garmin & Galatio. Moreover, Marbella is way cheaper than Garmin & slightly cheaper than Holux.

agreed,faster software ,holux (give up)

• Praise 1

i just got myself a garmin 42, the new interface is totally different from the one that i had.. 1350..

well, totally a new feel..

• Praise 1

now Marbella got promotion you can trade-in old GPS for discount..

but is it worth it?? My previous Geomate 500 died in a year... was it my luck or what..

would probably need one for navigation in m'sia.. singapore I still can use gmaps..

Edited by Knoobie

Supercharged

now Marbella got promotion you can trade-in old GPS for discount..

Trade-in old GPS must be in working condition or not ?

didn't mention leh.. but looks like you have to visit their shop at delta house.. i'll probably drop by this weekend to ask.. because email them no reply..

lol, Definitely no working condition required. My son just dropped my old Marbella GPS yesterday and I happened to see their latest email with the MCE map update and trade in promo, I decided to went down to their service centre today either pay for the damage or trade in (if they accept such crappy condition set).

The CS told me, it doesn't matter even your screen is damaged and they offered me the same trade in offer!!!!!!

I without thinking picked one of the model which has built-in camera and paid the difference!!!

Marbella made my day today!! I was really pissed off with my son last night

Edited by Rav4x4
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Garmin 42, anyone using this?

wanna ask:

last time, they got POI search, you just key into the name and viola..

now, with the new interface, it doesn't, can teach me how?