Which GPS to buy?

Vtim

Open Sygic and it'll sense and display where you are. Enter destination street address or GPS coordinates, choose navigate and it'll display the route to get to where you want to go. 7-day trial version has all the features: audio guidance, lane markings, speed limit, etc. After that, if you don't purchase, you can continue to use it but without the fancy stuff. Good enough for me. BTW Singapore and Malaysia maps are bundled together.

Open Sygic and it'll sense and display where you are. Enter destination street address or GPS coordinates, choose navigate and it'll display the route to get to where you want to go. 7-day trial version has all the features: audio guidance, lane markings, speed limit, etc. After that, if you don't purchase, you can continue to use it but without the fancy stuff. Good enough for me. BTW Singapore and Malaysia maps are bundled together.

Thanks for the info. Yesterday try itand send my daughter to her new school and GPS indicated different way and i found my self facing the school facing and main entrance on the other lane

↡ Advertisement

Saw Galactio available for free downloads on Android phone. Are they any good? Can it be used in car without a SIM card or data plan?

better late then never.....

but notice some bros like to use their phone as GPS....just take note when travelling to north not idea as it incurred data charges

you are right, its best to have a stand alone GPS device

Neutral Newbie
Garmin 4592 or TomTom Go 600
I am thinking about which of the 2.
What I want is live traffic. I think both needs bluetooth link to phone for data. Best if it has live speed traps(i think Tomtom is advertising heavily for it but not sure if it is updated often in SG)
Fast responsive screen and fast lock on. Seems like Garmin loads faster.
Mainly in SG/MY use.
Both should have life time maps right?
Anyone using voice control? Which one is easier? Garmin seems to have handsfree calling as well. A big plus considering I hate it as I am using my phone now and calls come in, my map disappears and I'm scared of the new hp law while driving.
Any comments which one is better?
Or should I just use my ipad mini and Waze?

The problem is that these devices lack real time traffic especially in cities with bad traffic condition. In KL, w/o waze, confirm die during peak

Nokia phone has real time trafik update. just dat for this u need data plan/wifi.

But like i said if u need it to be ur travelling compass it is great becoz u dun even need a SIM card. to lock on

to ur location. gd esp. wen u r overseas.

byebye2

Nokia phone has real time trafik update. just dat for this u need data plan/wifi.

But like i said if u need it to be ur travelling compass it is great becoz u dun even need a SIM card. to lock on

to ur location. gd esp. wen u r overseas.

byebye2

On IOS/Android platform, i could always download map.me, an offline map from Google.

Bye bye Nokia phone.

• Praise 1

I have been using a tablet as GPS Nav for sometime, so far very comfortable with it. i prefer to Delicated GPS.

I have sygic and papago both are ok except that my tablet is an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 which the performance is slow. Abit lag. Otherwise quite stable and usable.

Seriously, who bothers about GPS sets anymore. Google Maps are so much better and you need not bother about updates.

My GPS shows the road limit and actual vehicle speed(more accurate and don't have to look down to speedo) plus gives me audio warning on speed cams etc.

Haven't found an app which can replace so will continue to use.

Also some convenience since don't have to mount/ forget to remove phone after each trip

Edited by Iiiusion

My GPS shows the road limit and actual vehicle speed(more accurate and don't have to look down to speedo) plus gives me audio warning on speed cams etc.

Also some convenience since don't have to mount/ forget to remove phone after each trip

I have all that in WAZE + traffic condition

better late then never.....

but notice some bros like to use their phone as GPS....just take note when travelling to north not idea as it incurred data charges

A local pre-paid SIM card will ease your worry easily. [grin]

You can even use the phone for whatapp and calling beside the GPS application [drivingcar]

Seriously, who bothers about GPS sets anymore. Google Maps are so much better and you need not bother about updates.

google maps?

my hse bto not even updated in google maps and i collected my keys for more than 1 year ago

Supercharged

you can try tomtom or garmin

Both of them are the market leaders in GPS.

Self had used Tomtom before, not bad lah....

Supercharged

Your GPS is which brand and model ?

I have all that in WAZE + traffic condition

Waze doesn't show the road speed limit what.

The traffic re-routing etc, is a good feature though.

Your GPS is which brand and model ?

Just a Garmin. Need to update with custom alerts to get the speed cam warning.

↡ Advertisement