New Thomson Line MRT

Mockngbrd

TSL seemingly run parallel to portion of NSL could be a rather redundant, more non-decentralized move imho.

Another East West bound via Woodlands thereabout would be more appropriate easing up load on EWL.

maybe CBD will soon expand its boundaries since Central will be added extra crowd? haiz..

Wonder whether its construction will affect the Central Catchment Reserve anot.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

How come Dun wan use Former CID building...only know how to destroy people's livelihood...earlier Rochor Centre...now Pearl's Centre

cos former cid building is a conserved historical building

i hope they build a woodlands commercial centre at woodlands south station, there seems to be a lot of free land there for expansion.

however, if they are going to expand cbd into marina centre and just build residential in the north, there is no decentralisation. there will still be a bottleneck between the heartlands and the cbd. i dont know, maybe this is what they want? by creating articifical bottlenecks, ie shortages, price will go up?

honestly, i am not hopeful

Last time we learned from Social Studies that Woodlands was designated as Regional Centre like Tampines and Jurong, to diversify office/business development instead of concentrating everything in the CBD. I think at least Tampines got something there to show. I see nothing at Woodlands now other than industrial/factory developments. Civic Plaza counted boh? :D

Turbocharged

with so many lines, what is the main factor for their operations?

human traffic!

so expect govt to open floodgates again to allow more foreigners to come in...

i hope not! our water system is so dependent on natural gas. if the prices go up suddenly, we are in deep trouble! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

donno which poly managed to find a way to desalinate water cheaply, just using sunlight, i hope PUB people quickly see whether feasible or not and implement fast! [speechless]

Edited by Mustank

Last time we learned from Social Studies that Woodlands was designated as Regional Centre like Tampines and Jurong, to diversify office/business development instead of concentrating everything in the CBD. I think at least Tampines got something there to show. I see nothing at Woodlands now other than industrial/factory developments. Civic Plaza counted boh? :D

yalor!!! fark man!!! [mad][mad][mad]

i hope not! our water system is so dependent on natural gas. if the prices go up suddenly, we are in deep trouble! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

donno which poly managed to find a way to desalinate water cheaply, just using sunlight, i hope PUB people quickly see whether feasible or not and implement fast! [speechless]

natural gas? [confused]:huh:

...imho it won't, if planned carefully.

imagine something like this, not so tall, just high enough above the vegetation..

2870742390105101600S600x600Q85.jpg

Think no need to worry so much...we have so many types of water - from Johor water to Newater, desalinated water, and our own reservoir water. For all that we have said about PAP, this is one thing that they had done well. We have not had to do any water rationing for dunno how many decades!

Edited by Jtay

natural gas? [confused]:huh:

the key in our national tap is new water but it is energy intensive. we derive our energy from natural gas. so one day natural gas price suddenly go up, we all cry

Think no need to worry so much...we have so many types of water - from Johor water to Newater, desalinated water, and our own reservoir water. For all that we have said about PAP, this is one thing that they had been done well. We have not had to do any water rationing for dunno how many decades!

totally agree!!! i just hope that we can be even more ernergy efficient in water reclaimation.....

Agree. There's quite a lot of unused space in the North. If the govt can decentralise the city centre and develop the north better, at least it will divert some traffic and ease the bottlenecks.

Supercharged

Wah, the two landed properties really suay!

This proves that even if u own landed property in SG, the land still doesn't really belong to you.

totally agree!!! i just hope that we can be even more ernergy efficient in water reclaimation.....

Yup yup, I'm pretty sure they are doing some research into this area. [;)]

10-20 years down the road it would be even more difficult to build another EW bound MRT line via Woodlands due to land developments.

the key in our national tap is new water but it is energy intensive. we derive our energy from natural gas. so one day natural gas price suddenly go up, we all cry

CNG price should be tied to contractual price (which is a fixed rate with some float) as negotiated between the utility company and the service provider (SPC and Conoco Philips) and also will reflect movement in crude prices (how they compute the tariffs)

As long as crude price doesn't go siao lang high, i think we should be okay right?

Edited by Happily1986

Agree. There's quite a lot of unused space in the North. If the govt can decentralise the city centre and develop the north better, at least it will divert some traffic and ease the bottlenecks.

Yup. i think maybe it will also alleviate the stress on the MRT network. Any urban planner care to elaborate?

↡ Advertisement