PSS VS CSC5 VS Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

VellfireS

Bros and Sisters ,

The tyres on my family's Vellfire can only last for a few 1000kms more.. Looking at knowing which one swee for it.. I believe should not really save on tyres so these are my choices.. Currently running on stock Toyo Transpath R30 235/50/R18..

I know the above have pros and cons..

Please recommend any others suitable.. Thanks.. [laugh] [laugh]

I jus changed to PSS from a set of contis. Its so good that i do not ever want to change to another tyre unless the michelin man comes out with something better. That said, the premium for the PSS is about 30 percent compared to the S001 or the CSC 5. Worth it though

I jus changed to PSS from a set of contis. Its so good that i do not ever want to change to another tyre unless the michelin man comes out with something better. That said, the premium for the PSS is about 30 percent compared to the S001 or the CSC 5. Worth it though

haha.. Worth the price I guess.. What's your ride bro?

Neutral Newbie

I expecting around 35k km.

If you were driving like Sg571958, even without 300hp but with your 2 tonnes+ Velfire,

CSC5 you should be looking around 30k, and PSS much lesser.

Edited by Kmj3943

Fitted sports maxx rt to my ride 235/40/18

First impressions : noticeable increase in comfort over my 2 yo F1A2. could be due to old rubbers have hardened but definitely less NVH overall. Can't comment on gripe as mileage is less than 500km, a little more roll into corners. Generally satisfied with these tyres.

First impressions : noticeable increase in comfort over my 2 yo F1A2. could be due to old rubbers have hardened but definitely less NVH overall. Can't comment on gripe as mileage is less than 500km, a little more roll into corners. Generally satisfied with these tyres.

softer sidewall tyre more roll when taking corner but more comfort

do enjoy your current ride and please don't take corner at high speed (is more prompt to over steer)

have not tried this GT tyre yet

do enjoy your current ride and please don't take corner at high speed (is more prompt to over steer)

you r right, a little more roll but since its low profile tyres

the bigger outer blocks do help in steering into a corner.

you r right, a little more roll but since its low profile tyres

the bigger outer blocks do help in steering into a corner.

do enjoy your new tyre, just don't go too fast(anything below 50kmh ) when taking corner

Had the Sport Maxx TT on my old 730i. Fantastic handling and comfort at the same time. It really bites the road surface... Try it with ESP off... Very fun throwing the heavy b**tard into corners!

Dunlop may not be a glamorous brand like Michelin or Conti but it delivers. Had the CSC3 before the Sport Maxx TT and while Sport Maxx sacrificed some comfort, it made up for in rawness and feel. Maybe not for those who like to cruise down the boulevard but I am the kind who switches off all kinds of ESP and traction control every time I drive.

Edited by Viceroymenthol
  • Praise 1

Bro, where did you get the RT? Seems like a less common tyre compared to the usual Michelins and Continentals.

↡ Advertisement