PSS VS CSC5 VS Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

VellfireS

Bro, where did you get the RT? Seems like a less common tyre compared to the usual Michelins and Continentals.

Fitted mine at Tyre Track in Yishun. You can find their contact in the Motor Directory

Follow on feedback on the tyres. Definitely more comfortable than my previous GYF1A2 at the same tyre pressure. Absorb road bumps better and less harsh.

But braking is not as good and take some getting used to.

Car feel planted taking corners at higher speed, probably a little more roll than F1A2.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Fitted mine at Tyre Track in Yishun. You can find their contact in the Motor Directory.

Thanks. Been there before to have a look see when they opened. They are a stone throw away from my office. Called City Tyre for quote but yet to get back to me.

Goodyear A1S2... best all rounder and will not cost u an arm and an leg.....especially good in wet.....

Since the thread went OT into Goodyear already, let me throw one more into the mix: Pirelli PZero Rosso (or Nero). This tyre is comparable in price to the Goodyear, often even cheaper, for comparable performance. Treadwear is kind of low though, only 220, but so what, it is so cheap that you can replace once or twice a year! For a made in Europe tyre, PZero Rosso (or Nero) is hard to beat in terms of value for money.

There is also the "MO" spec model for the Rosso/Nero, which is OEM for Mercedes Benz vehicles, try to top up to get these if your budget allows.

Since the thread went OT into Goodyear already, let me throw one more into the mix: Pirelli PZero Rosso (or Nero). This tyre is comparable in price to the Goodyear, often even cheaper, for comparable performance. Treadwear is kind of low though, only 220, but so what, it is so cheap that you can replace once or twice a year! For a made in Europe tyre, PZero Rosso (or Nero) is hard to beat in terms of value for money.

There is also the "MO" spec model for the Rosso/Nero, which is OEM for Mercedes Benz vehicles, try to top up to get these if your budget allows.

Huh?

Pzeros cheaper than Goodyears?.

Sure or not dude?

Anyway, i just replace my tyres to Michelin Pilot SuperSport.

Pretty good price and performs quite well.

295/30/19 for $600 each.

Cant complain.

Huh?

Sure or not dude?

295/30/19 for $600 each.

Cant complain.

PSS is still the best in my mind

Huh?

Sure or not dude?

295/30/19 for $600 each.

Cant complain.

Same here. Just changed to PSS 255/40R20

Few weeks back. And.. I think I'll stick yo the same tyres. Wah. Shiok. Much better grip then my previous Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Huh?

Sure or not dude?

295/30/19 for $600 each.

Cant complain.

Yeah, changed to PZero Rosso 225/50/17 for wife's car couple months ago. $240 per piece. Pretty affordable for an Europe-made proven and acclaimed performance tyre. Think its cheaper than Goodyear Made in Europe for this size. And definitely less than half the price of PSS. I don't think they even have PSS in this size! LOL

Anyone has a shop to recommend for CSC5 beside Stamford?

Looking for 235/45/R18. I'm on 235/40/R18 now...thinking to up the wall size to 45...any concern beside the under read of speed on speedometer...?

Edited by LoverofCar

Looking for 235/45/R18. I'm on 235/40/R18 now...thinking to up the wall size to 45...any concern beside the under read of speed on speedometer...?

Leong Seng, Autokinetics etc? Last I checked, they have CSC5.

Wah, your new specs load index is high man. You got elephant in trunk?? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Mason016

Leong Seng, Autokinetics etc? Last I checked, they have CSC5.

Wah, your new specs load index is high man. You got elephant in trunk?? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Not that...just thinking increase the wall size can have a more comfortable ride.....got a quote for 235/40/18 at $300/pcs...reasonable or kana carrot?

Edited by LoverofCar

Not that...just thinking increase the wall size can have a more comfortable ride.....got a quote for 235/40/18 at $300/pcs...reasonable or kana carrot?

Ok lah. My 215/50 R17 XL already $290 liao. [smash] Stupid XL tyre requirements [furious]

• Praise 1

I went to a shop in Yishun, Tyre Track n ty hv lots of CSC5 there.

Maybe u can call them.

BTW I think most places r better than Stamford.

• Praise 1

Fitted mine at Tyre Track in Yishun. You can find their contact in the Motor Directory

Follow on feedback on the tyres. Definitely more comfortable than my previous GYF1A2 at the same tyre pressure. Absorb road bumps better and less harsh.

But braking is not as good and take some getting used to.

Car feel planted taking corners at higher speed, probably a little more roll than F1A2.

I might be changing to this tyre as well.

MY only concern is the tyre wear which is high according to quite a number of user reviews at tyrereviews.co.uk.

Treadwear rating is only 240, which is really quite low, although the OEM tyre (Michelin Primacy HP) on my ride is also rated at 240 and it lasted 45k km.

How's the tyre wear on your ride so far?

I might be changing to this tyre as well.

MY only concern is the tyre wear which is high according to quite a number of user reviews at tyrereviews.co.uk.

Treadwear rating is only 240, which is really quite low, although the OEM tyre (Michelin Primacy HP) on my ride is also rated at 240 and it lasted 45k km.

How's the tyre wear on your ride so far?

Original tread depth is 8mm, now left 5mm (3mm to tyre change indicator) after 7 months driving.

mileage between 15k to 20k. estimate can last about 35k max.

Correct me if I am wrong, csc5 wet driving not very assuring?

I experienced aqua planing...

Quite jialat as compared to previous T1Rs

Would pss be better than csc5 in the wet?

Sorry but i dont understand. Why do you need Michelin PSS performance tyre for a Vellfire van? Should one be using something like an SUV kind of tyre?

Just to share that actually between PSS and CSC5, both of which i have used. both great but price is so similar that it makes the PSS a 'steal'. CSC5 is also very good but wears out very fast in hard driving.

↡ Advertisement