230,000km later on a Skoda Superb

Echelon

Just a quick update to the bros and sis here.

Ride: Skoda Superb 1

Year: 2006

Mileage: 230,000km

Major works: engine semi overhaul, shocks, all changed, major component parts thats spoilt changed. Tightening of roll bars. overall small paint job.

Current ride - like new, quiet. Spent around 5k+

Power is seems tighter, engine feels smooth and reliable as ever.

Skoda Superb - strong as nails - got hit by a taxi, his front looked collapased mine has 20 cent coin dent....paint work covers it.

Loving the ride still.

↡ Advertisement

The mileage works out to ard 110km a day. Not low but then not extremely high. A person who lives in east and works in west already clocks 80-90km.

The age of the car (6) is also not high.

So, is it a tough car?

Below 30k km a year is slightly above average,i got some salesman from doing over 50k km a year,their car still fine on the 5th year,about 250k km,on a Japanese car.

The mileage works out to ard 110km a day. Not low but then not extremely high. A person who lives in east and works in west already clocks 80-90km.

The age of the car (6) is also not high.

So, is it a tough car?

Let's say if T/S drive mainly on the highway everyday,every car will lasts longer.

Let's say if T/S drive mainly on the highway everyday,every car will lasts longer.

Yup, in USA, a recent report said their ave car age is something like 11-12 yrs old. And think their mileage is much much higher than SG pattern.

Sounds bulletproof and seems to last forever. But I noticed there are very few of the Skoda Silverarrow cabs around....not sure if it's because most of the cabbies couldn't handle the massive torque

Sounds bulletproof and seems to last forever. But I noticed there are very few of the Skoda Silverarrow cabs around....not sure if it's because most of the cabbies couldn't handle the massive torque

All old & scrapped already.

Major works: engine semi overhaul, shocks, all changed, major component parts thats spoilt changed. Tightening of roll bars. overall small paint job.

Skoda Superb - strong as nails - got hit by a taxi, his front looked collapased mine has 20 cent coin dent....paint work covers it.

Loving the ride still.

What are the so called major component parts? Can you list them?

One week stay at batemans bay, australia, I clocked almost 5500 km on a rental car.

What is a good gauge of whether a car is reliable and can take heavy driving daily?

Taxi could be the best example. So Wish, Sonata, Epica, Merc, Camry, etc ,,,,has proven themselves.

Think a taxi if operated by 2 persons may clock upto 500km a day. ( cabbies please comment on this estimate)

hi dear bro Echelon

Where are you servicing your Superb these days? The one we go to has crapped out spectacularly. Please PM me? Thanks!

Good to know your spb still running around. My octy is still around too. With current COE price, its going to be around a lot longer.

Having said that, still loving my octy.

Loving the ride still.

wow, your millage is almost same as me.... my Vios also 2006 (Jul) and the millage is around 220K+ at te moment. Gg for parts replacement like yours mainly suspension related like absorber, mountings, bushes. Was also thinking to replace the 02 sensors before the cat convertor, fuel filter replacement and etc.

Edited by Tigershark1976

Good to know your spb still running around. My octy is still around too. With current COE price, its going to be around a lot longer.

Having said that, still loving my octy.

Hey Bro, it's been awhile.....glad to hear you are still on your Octy. I still love the ride, the stableness and silent purr of the engine still smoothly running.

Had to change major parts due to wear and tear, other than that still running good.

wow, your millage is almost same as me.... my Vios also 2006 (Jul) and the millage is around 220K+ at te moment. Gg for parts replacement like yours mainly suspension related like absorber, mountings, bushes. Was also thinking to replace the 02 sensors before the cat convertor, fuel filter replacement and etc.

Seems like you have a nice going Altis there! Congrats to you.

↡ Advertisement