Laptop running hot and slow

Twnll

Hi my wife's Compaq laptop running very hot when not sitting on cooler pad. Suspect the processor fan may be choked with dust, any one tired opening your lap top to clean? Or need to pay $$ to get the innards cleaned? To send back to HP or SLS shop? Recommendations?

↡ Advertisement

Hi my wife's Compaq laptop running very hot when not sitting on cooler pad. Suspect the processor fan may be choked with dust, any one tired opening your lap top to clean? Or need to pay $$ to get the innards cleaned? To send back to HP or SLS shop? Recommendations?

get a bottle of compressed air and blow.

Mine also having the same problem. A friend helped to open and cleaned the fan but still hot and noisy. I tried to get it services at SLS n was quoted $250 for fan replacement. No choice but to live with it use a cooler pad.

Vacuum not recommended cuz the static might fry ur mother board

doesnt matter here. sg quite humid.

no problems for me after all these years

Neutral Newbie

Mine also having the same problem. A friend helped to open and cleaned the fan but still hot and noisy. I tried to get it services at SLS n was quoted $250 for fan replacement. No choice but to live with it use a cooler pad.

Sometimes it could be the thermal greases thats between the heat pipes and the components had dried up. Cleaning up the old greases and use some good quality fresh greases might solve the problem.

If your friend can open up the back, he might be able to take apart the heatsink pipes and service them.

↡ Advertisement