Cyclist = King of road now?

Yeshe

Need fair play.

They made so much noise abt 1.5m and more rights, but they are the ones that don't follow.

So ALL car drivers follow the rules too? If ALL do perhaps then they may have a proper reason to make so much noise back.

↡ Advertisement

And these are the typical aggressive type! Met one who was jay-walking, hit on my side mirror cos I honked to warn him... :angry:

Cyclists only or ang moh's? Earlier today I just called one a white c*nt* after I horned at him when he signaled and tried to filter while I was next to him. Gave me the aggressive WTF gesture after. So when we were stopped at the lights I got out went to his window (which was open as he was smoking) and told him off. Also told him to f**k off to wherever he came from as we don't need B grade white trash here in SG.

Think he was too shocked to respond (coz he didn't and just looked at me and squirmed). A lot of these white sh|ts are used to "royal treatement" here.

Edited by Elfenstar

How come you never complain about the ang moh walk in front of your car? [laugh]

Tat one is acceptable becos i coming to a stop anyway

I fully agree about the accountability part.

A cyclist crashed into my old car through no fault of mine - he was cycling against traffic into a blind corner very very quickly and couldn't stop in time even though I had. Cracked my CF bumper and landed on my windscreen, cracking it. Both had to be replaced (not easy for that car!). No way to claim from the cyclist except via Small Claims Tribunal. I was absolved of all liability by the TP who could only send a letter of warning to the cyclist. The only injuries that the cyclist sustained were some bruises and scratches.

I fully agree about the accountability part.

A cyclist crashed into my old car through no fault of mine - he was cycling against traffic into a blind corner very very quickly and couldn't stop in time even though I had. Cracked my CF bumper and landed on my windscreen, cracking it. Both had to be replaced (not easy for that car!). No way to claim from the cyclist except via Small Claims Tribunal. I was absolved of all liability by the TP who could only send a letter of warning to the cyclist. The only injuries that the cyclist sustained were some bruises and scratches.

Sometimes we motorists should know how to do things. You should have claimed via your own insurance, and let them claim back from the cyclist.

Twincharged

Install camera on your bike. Sent footage of these careless ruthless driver to TP.

I complained SMRT bus overtaking too close & SMRT replied positively to me.

TS, please sent footage to TP & ask them what will they do?

Yup. Sent in a few videos of drivers overtaking me with very small gap already. Don't know how they decide but some get charged with reckless driving some get dangerous driving.

Edited by Nzy

Was travelling fr Selegie towards serangoon. At Rochor area, I was on 2nd lane, a bloody cyclist whizz pass me on my right..after I move on, saw him cycling at high speed in the middle of most left lane.. Within seconds reaching little India, he simply whiz in n out of traffic in the middle lane as n when he like.. Ppl like dis need us to give him 1.5m??? Disregarding road users safety... Speechless....they really behave like king of the road or ma jiam their Lao bei a lor...

Actually i feel cyclists on the road are just crap. The ones who keep KPKB are those who cycle as a hobby. Why don't they bring the hobby off the road which is much safer for themselves. When lives are lost, they blame everyone except for themselves.

Sometimes we motorists should know how to do things. You should have claimed via your own insurance, and let them claim back from the cyclist.

And how would his loss of NCD and loading of premiums help him in the long term?

Remember, the way insurance works (or rather, doesn't) is that liability doesn't matter, as long as you make a claim against your own policy. The TP letter wouldn't help him.

Cyclists only or ang moh's? Earlier today I just called one a white c*nt* after I horned at him when he signaled and tried to filter while I was next to him. Gave me the aggressive WTF gesture after. So when we were stopped at the lights I got out went to his window (which was open as he was smoking) and told him off. Also told him to f**k off to wherever he came from as we don't need B grade white trash here in SG.

Think he was too shocked to respond (coz he didn't and just looked at me and squirmed). A lot of these white sh|ts are used to "royal treatement" here.

Well done on asserting yourself, but I have to say I disapprove of your unprovoked use of racial epithets.

I had something similar happen to me years back, when I was driving my WRX. I was turning from my residential road into the main road. I was the first car (in fact, the only one), when a middle-aged Caucasian jogger came running from my right side. I didn't want him obstructing my view or path so I moved up closer to the junction well before he reached my car (so he wasn't in any danger at any time). He had plenty of space to go behind me of course, but being self-perceived royalty, he decided to show his displeasure at having to make the slight detour by thumping my boot with his fist as he jogged behind my car.

Well, I was beside myself with rage, of course. I made a quick turn into the major road. There is a small access road leading to a school a few metres down this road after the junction, so I turned into this small road, cutting off the jogger. The jogger was just at my car when I jumped out and gave him a bollocking. He mumbled something but kept jogging away. I screamed after him, "DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME, YOU F**KING COWARD!!!", but guess what? The f**king coward did. I let it go at that point.

I don't want to impute any racist motives to the bad behaviour of some of these specimens. They're just ill-mannered boors, the same type present in any country, except that they come from a more expressive culture. However, I will treat them like I would any other road user. If they get in my face, I'll get right back in theirs. All I want is for our own policemen and gahmen to treat us as equals and not treat me, the born-and-bred-Singaporean, like I was a second class inhabitant of my own country and the other party like he farts perfume and walks on clouds. Is wishing for equitable treatment in the land of our birth such a bad thing?

Edited by Turboflat4

Well done on asserting yourself, but I have to say I disapprove of your unprovoked use of racial epithets.

I had something similar happen to me years back, when I was driving my WRX. I was turning from my residential road into the main road. I was the first car (in fact, the only one), when a middle-aged Caucasian jogger came running from my right side. I didn't want him obstructing my view or path so I moved up closer to the junction well before he reached my car (so he wasn't in any danger at any time). He had plenty of space to go behind me of course, but being self-perceived royalty, he decided to show his displeasure at having to make the slight detour by thumping my boot with his fist as he jogged behind my car.

Well, I was beside myself with rage, of course. I made a quick turn into the major road. There is a small access road leading to a school a few metres down this road after the junction, so I turned into this small road, cutting off the jogger. The jogger was just at my car when I jumped out and gave him a bollocking. He mumbled something but kept jogging away. I screamed after him, "DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME, YOU F**KING COWARD!!!", but guess what? The f**king coward did. I let it go at that point.

I don't want to impute any racist motives to the bad behaviour of some of these specimens. They're just ill-mannered boors, the same type present in any country, except that they come from a more expressive culture. However, I will treat them like I would any other road user. If they get in my face, I'll get right back in theirs. All I want is for our own policemen and gahmen to treat us as equals and not treat me, the born-and-bred-Singaporean, like I was a second class inhabitant of my own country and the other party like he farts perfume and walks on clouds. Is wishing for equitable treatment in the land of our birth such a bad thing?

In my defense I wasn't really being racist. I was just being crude, insulting, and hitting where it would affect the most [:p] and not actually being racist (he doesn't need to know that [laugh])

That being said I do know of many A grade ang mohs here, and these I love. Its the B graders who can't make it in their own country and come here thinking that they're gods (now this was told to me by an A grade Dutch FT about his fellow expats) that piss me off. Our govts stand as well as the pedestal that many locals/asians put them on doesn't help except when I do scold them [laugh] I don't think they're used to being put down by an asian in asia, and their reaction is usually enough to make me feel bad, yet have a chuckle at the same time [:p]

I agree with you on feeling like a second class citizen in my own country though. Sadly, I still feel that I was more welcome in Melbourne when I studied there than here, which frankly sucks!

And how would his loss of NCD and loading of premiums help him in the long term?

Remember, the way insurance works (or rather, doesn't) is that liability doesn't matter, as long as you make a claim against your own policy. The TP letter wouldn't help him.

Technically it shouldn't, however most insurance companies will try and take the easy way out, so its up to you to assert that the other party was at fault and you will take no responsibility for it. For the policy holder it should be exactly the same as making a claim against your policy and allowing your insurance company to claim from the other party's insurance instead of making a third party claim.

BTW in case anyone says they haven't seen a cyclist stopped at red lights before....

... and for those who say they haven't seen a cyclist beat the red lights before ....

I don't think anyone has said that. Not even the cyclists [laugh]

Well... since we're clearing myths here, nothing wrong is clearing up on both ends right? [rolleyes]

Edited by Scoots

Well... since we're clearing myths here, nothing wrong is clearing up on both ends right? [rolleyes]

I'm clearing based on what others are saying. Technically you're trolling [:p]

Technically it shouldn't, however most insurance companies will try and take the easy way out, so its up to you to assert that the other party was at fault and you will take no responsibility for it. For the policy holder it should be exactly the same as making a claim against your policy and allowing your insurance company to claim from the other party's insurance instead of making a third party claim.

You (as a private citizen) can assert whatever you like, but unfortunately, the ins. coy is the big fish here. Although there should theoretically no difference between claiming against your own policy, then getting them to fight it out with the other insurer vs. making a straightforward third party claim against the other insurer, people will tell you the former is a bad idea, since you're immediately put at a disadvantage. If the claim against the other insurer doesn't succeed, you're SOL. Even if the claim succeeds, there's still a legal record of you having claimed against your own insurance, and that matters.

In the case of the cyclist, it's even worse, because cyclists don't need motor insurance. Insurance companies, which are already lazy enough about fighting other insurers, are even more leery about directly serving civil suit against private citizens - when the amounts are small and they can't be certain about recouping legal costs (the Ferrari Ma Chi case is an important exception, because in that case, AXA is going up against the deep pockets of the estate, with lots of moolah at stake). It's just simpler for the insurer to take away your NCD, load you and keep mum. Bottom line: don't bother to claim for small things.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement