13 vehicle traders face action for rigging bids at auctions

Darthrevan

The Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) is taking 13 motor vehicle traders to task for anti-competitive actions.

In a statement on Thursday afternoon, the Commission accused the traders of contravening the Competition Act.

The group was said to have engaged in an anti-competitive agreement to suppress bids at public auctions of motor vehicles.

The CCS said that the infringing conduct involved bid-rigging through an agreement to suppress bids at these auctions, which has the "object of preventing, restricting or distorting competition".

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...ctions-20120906

↡ Advertisement

Another one of the Captain Obvious's Case which took donkey years for the government to realize and take action.

Somehow petrol prices are not [laugh]

No proof is the issue. They need a whistleblower on the inside. I asked them before when they investigated my former company.

Should I apply to work at Shell and then whistleblow the obvious from the inside? [sly][:p]

If you work for Shell, life would be so good that you wouldn't consider whistle-blowing option.

Back to the thread, how do you rig a public auction when there are defintiely more than 13 participants.

If it is rigged, others who are not in the cartel would grab the cars at artificially manipulated low price. Unless this auction is only open to the 13 participants.

If you work for Shell, life would be so good that you wouldn't consider whistle-blowing option.

Back to the thread, how do you rig a public auction when there are defintiely more than 13 participants.

If it is rigged, others who are not in the cartel would grab the cars at artificially manipulated low price. Unless this auction is only open to the 13 participants.

Oh man... you are so right! I would be sitting on millions! I should apply to Shell anyway [laugh] [laugh]

Warthog is probably right [laugh] but sure, give it a go :D

Yes, busy writing my CV. If I got in, I'll probably have to sever ties with all the bros here in MCF [;)] and count my millions ^_^

If you have been to any auction you will find that more or less the whole thing is rigged in some way.

Especially the host doing the auction. Many times I suspect they sent in ppl into the bidding crowd to "jack up" prices when they are too low or too few interested parties. They will start raising their bids furiously to compete with the one or two interested in the item. If their own ppl won the bid, in the next auction you will see the same item floating around waiting for ppl to bid.

When ppl notice this kinda thing happening the bidders are not stupid if they are regulars. It's not surprising they will "gang up" and play against such "games". Maybe the host buay tahan blow his own whistle to expose these bidders cos they are not making money. Self-pwned in some way if you ask me.

That's why to me anything that has a bidding system is seriously flawed coz the host can always manipulate or control & rigged the situation. I also dun trust our car selling system to be "fair" and "transparent".

Yes, busy writing my CV. If I got in, I'll probably have to sever ties with all the bros here in MCF [;)] and count my millions ^_^

Remember to pull us in too. I PROMISE I will behave (no whistle-blowing).

Maybe this 13 traders collaborated to bring down the COE price? That's why CAT B is around 80k now? What good would it serve the car traders when COE is high? Maybe they are our heroes but they caused LTA to make lesser? Dun always assume rigging of prices I'd to move price up...

Remember to pull us in too. I PROMISE I will behave (no whistle-blowing).

Ok bro! I can't finish spending all the milions anyway. [laugh] [laugh]

Maybe this 13 traders collaborated to bring down the COE price? That's why CAT B is around 80k now? What good would it serve the car traders when COE is high? Maybe they are our heroes but they caused LTA to make lesser? Dun always assume rigging of prices I'd to move price up...

we need the 13 warriors to suppress the evil tyrant from robbing the people with coe

post-116882-1347068914_thumb.jpg

Edited by AbdulHudaifah
↡ Advertisement