Haze lai liao..

VellfireS

Better than nothing, if they can't get one N95 mask.

its the same thing...

if its so bad... why dun pple stop going to work and quickly travel to Chiangmai hills.....

either pple cannot afford to or still trying to live life as normal

same for employers

same for government

↡ Advertisement

surgical mask blocks out the smell ma.. so pple will think it helps lor.. :huh:

i hv dirty underwear also can mask the smoke smell... LOL

now it is so obvious how to take over singapore without a war.

just look for the wind direction and start a bloody fire and create lot of smokes. let the smoke overrun singapore . So much for national defense.

i think the birds also buai tahan, i don't see any birds in the trees this morning at all.

sounds like Zhuge Liang... Romance of the three kingdom

if one can control weather... will rule the world liao

Twincharged

its the same thing...

if its so bad... why dun pple stop going to work and quickly travel to Chiangmai hills.....

either pple cannot afford to or still trying to live life as normal

same for employers

same for government

Like as if some people got choice?

To some yes, they got choice as boss maybe understanding. To some still must die die work if not who is going to clear s--t for them?

Twincharged

Yes, they claim to have sufficient masks in stock, but still say they'll supply (note:SELL) through the pharmacies. Like that is useless - no control, not 100% ensure it gets to the people, and for sure, there'll be some wise-guy trying to profiteer from it or hoard these masks.

Why not just distribute to households? Will dent the GDP or dig into reserves?? [hur] Or how about discounting electricity bills for the hazy period? All these are things that can be done, but no one among the top people dare to voice it out.

I find the speech broadcasted yesterday to be pretty much no substance... no clear SOP on what to do, no clear guidelines of what is to be done should the PSI exceed certain level. Seriously, I'm worried about the future, looking at the display of lack of concrete action. Close windows and blow fan in hospital wards?? For what purpose, I wonder - becos this is largely useless against those fine particles in the air right now.

IMHO the authorities are worried about setting clear guidelines, stopping work, etc. because they do not know how long this crisis will last. Stop work next week? But what if the same situation, or worse, drags on for 3 weeks?? etc.

This is a one in 50 years haze situation. the authorities will need some time to think abt the solutions.

How to distrubute masks to households, it will cost a bomb man... this wasnt budgeted for by MEWR

And stopping work? that is even more expensive than giving out free masks... so wait long long [laugh]

ya many pple are using surgical mask and they claim that it helps...

wonder is it a psychological effect

probably because the surgical masks helps to block out the smell..so they think its effective....

sounds like Zhuge Liang... Romance of the three kingdom

if one can control weather... will rule the world liao

anyone here know how to control the wind?

set the altar like zhuge liang and pray for wind or rain.

:D

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

beta than the haze anytime...!!!

for u i mean.

i can use my own one. :ph34r:

You have the choice to use the one on top or below. [:p]

Turbocharged

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

beta than the haze anytime...!!!

for u i mean.

i can use my own one. :ph34r:

Your lace lai kor got holes no use :D

I've read three different dates offered as to when N95 masks become available

Late Thur (Yesterday, the official report), Fri (Today, outlet A), Next Mon (outlet B).

In other words, everything is in flux.

Be prepared to be disappointed in not getting your masks if your employers don't provide them.

[cool]

um... this one unlikely to be disappointed....

cheers

(edited)

This is a one in 50 years haze situation. the authorities will need some time to think abt the solutions.

How to distrubute masks to households, it will cost a bomb man... this wasnt budgeted for by MEWR

And stopping work? that is even more expensive than giving out free masks... so wait long long [laugh]

they subsidize the medical bill for the young and old for seeing doctors. so if tell me distribute masks cost a bomb, i find it hard to believe.

this is a national crisis liao, who care you got budget or no budget.

for the very rich, they can just choose to take the next flight out of singapore if thing get worse.

for the very poor, do you think they have a choice? no work = no money = no food.

they say they have stock pile of N95 mask so where is it?

so if they have stock pile of n95, it mean that they already forecast that we will have haze and have already purchase for it. and now the condition is getting from bad to worse, why never issue the stock pile of N95 mask to everyone

Edited by Tianake

[thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]

McDonald's apologises for 'PSI' advertisement

Published on Jun 21, 2013

mcdonalds20e.jpg

McDonald's has apologised for its 'PSI' advertisement which drew flak when it was published in The Straits Times on Thursday, June 20, 2013. -- PHOTO: MCDONALD'S

McDonald's has apologised for its "PSI" advertisement which some felt was tasteless when it was published in The Straits Times yesterday.

The advertisement, which carried the sentence "Today's Peak Sauce Index is looking deliciously high", was published the day Singapore experienced its worst day of haze.

Said student King Rachel, 22: "If the advertisement had been used when the PSI first came up, the joke might seem funny. But when the PSI hits 300, it is not a joke any more."

But others on ST's Facebook page felt it was "clever" and chided critics for "not having a sense of humour".

In a statement yesterday, a spokesman for the fast-food chain said the one-off advertisement was "not intended to trivialise the current haze situation".

She added that it was designed and placed when haze conditions were not as severe. She also agreed that in this current context, the ad was "inappropriate".

"We are truly sorry that it has led people to feel that way," the spokesman said. "We share the concerns of Singaporeans and were equally surprised to see PSI levels hit record highs overnight."

use your own sense, if you think or feel it is serious and uncomfortable for you, take the necessary precaution.

What if you know it is 500 or 600 now? if you think you can be hero without a mask then be it. Some people already start to feel uncomfortable at 200 (without knowing the actual reading), then stay at home or use a mask.

We can rant all we what here, they have heard more than millions time over the past few days. It is up to us to take care of ourselves before the help come.

agree.........before whatever help can arrive..................do whatever we can to help ourselves first.............Singapore pattern is no die no big deal............ :D :D :D

↡ Advertisement