Haze lai liao..

VellfireS

Been hearing it for the past 1.5 decade and the improvement we see is still haze every year.

There is nothing we can do, the cheapest and fastest way to clear the land is slash and burn.

Tell that to the plantation owners, you think they care?

Not easy. The country to big. One little red dot is larger than spore.

↡ Advertisement

Sekali the plantation owners is Own by Singapore company.....any possibility?

Those plantations owners should not just doused themselves and burn with the crops. Every year without fail.

I remember the worst was 1997, July or August, I was in BMT at Tekong, psi 200 plus , we still continue the 16km road march when ngee soon camp one got cancelled.

Finger pointing has started... with Indonesian blaming the haze partially on Singapore and Malaysian Palm Oil Companies.... http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/psi-hits-155-10pm-0

sigh, the Indonesian must be having sh** for dinner before making such statements

Supercharged

Finger pointing has started... with Indonesian blaming the haze partially on Singapore and Malaysian Palm Oil Companies.... http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/psi-hits-155-10pm-0

sigh, the Indonesian must be having sh** for dinner before making such statements

whats new from those indo monkeys... they are better of shutting their mouth than opening up to spew nonsense...

I remember the worst was 1997, July or August, I was in BMT at Tekong, psi 200 plus , we still continue the 16km road march when ngee soon camp one got cancelled.

+1....peaked at 226 [sweatdrop]

(edited)

whats new from those indo monkeys... they are better of shutting their mouth than opening up to spew nonsense...

I wonder our Singapore Government has the guts to sue Indonesian Government for attempting to murder or cause grievous bodily damages to Singaporean Citizens through gross negligence on the part of Indonesia Government to take due care of their land. This may be a case of public nuisance under TORT law... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_nuisance

I wonder there is such thing under International law, I am not an expert... perhaps Minister Shanmugam can advise. haha

if one study the right wind direction, this haze can kill Singapore without firing a single bullet.... Gao-chao!

Edited by Turret

But at least they didn't dare to directly point out the name, if not may have liability if found out not to be them.

(edited)

But at least they didn't dare to directly point out the name, if not may have liability if found out not to be them.

BTW, how many palm old companies can there be in Singapore.

Golden Agri, Wilmar are the two largest palm oil companies listed on SGX together with the few of them...... if you look deeper, most of them are chaired by RICH Indonesians.

So?

Edited by Turret

How about call for the leaders of the 7 religions set up respective altars to pray for rain in front of Marina Bay Sands tomorrow?

Now there is no other way, Singapore's prosperity is dependent on Heaven's will.

Even SAF can offer no assistance of crisis of this sort. [:p]

Not easy. The country to big. One little red dot is larger than spore.

If there was an extreme option, it would be to fly over the burnt out areas and spray the land with chemicals to render it infertile for growing. Once the land becomes infertile, these plantation owners will be holding on to useless land. These areas are too rural to build houses to recover land costs.

Make them suffer big losses as a warning to the rest. Next year you see if any of them will start burning again.

Golden Agri, Wilmar are the two largest palm oil companies listed on SGX together with the few of them...... if you look deeper, most of them are chaired by RICH Indonesians.

So?

There is 1 large plantation owned by SAF at Tekong.

If there was an extreme option, it would be to fly over the burnt out areas and spray the land with chemicals to render it infertile for growing. Once the land becomes infertile, these plantation owners will be holding on to useless land. These areas are too rural to build houses to recover land costs.

Make them suffer big losses as a warning to the rest. Next year you see if any of them will start burning again.

I know I know,

USA done it before in Vietnam. They sprayed Agent Orange and rendered many places in Vietnam uninhabitable.

Talking about the pioneer of WMD.....

Turbocharged

So?

Wilmar International was named by Newsweek last year as the "world's least environmentally friendly company".

Wilmar admits on its website, "While we are committed to No-Burn practice, we cannot prevent local practices of slash-and-burn for agricultural and other purposes. This may lead to high incidences of uncontrolled fires which inevitably spread over to our plantations."

What kind of a statement is that? Its like a triad boss saying he is committed to being nice but if my workers go rob people i can't stop them.

Its time to focus the attention on the owners, not the farmers.

The ones in suits who would jet off to some faraway place when haze strikes, and go about their daily lives in airconditioned comfort.

They should burn.

Turbocharged

Early morning wake up got tons of eye-sh!t and nose-sh!t.

Thank you Indo.

my place look like cameron highlands in the morning.

very nice looking.. though the air isn't clean & crispy like ch -_-

was jogging at ECP last nite, damn only handful of runners.

was kinda cooling about 8plus. but after 9pm can feel waves of heat increasing.

can feel my throat is feeling funny, my eyes too can sense slight burn.

still saw few avid runners running

last nite is the worst, when driving along ecp, pass by CBD area, visibility is very low.

↡ Advertisement