Haze lai liao..

VellfireS

Neutral Newbie

If I inside car with all windows closed and turn on air con, do I still breathe in haze? Car take in air from outside?

If I inside car with all windows closed and turn on air con, is it considered same as staying indoors with all windows closed and turn on air con?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

If I inside car with all windows closed and turn on air con, do I still breathe in haze? Car take in air from outside?

If I inside car with all windows closed and turn on air con, is it considered same as staying indoors with all windows closed and turn on air con?

I don think so, even with all windows closed n a/c on, i can still smell a faint burning smell coming from my veh ac...it is good thing that i changed my home a/c last year to one that has an integrated air purifying system (ion system) as such there is no smell... [blush]

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Turbocharged

Refer to Constitution of the Republic of Singapore

"Article 9 of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, specifically Article 9(1), guarantees the right to life and the right to personal liberty"

Several courts in the world have ruled the "right to life" as including

- the right to a healthy environment

- all limbs and faculties by which life is enjoyed

- the right to health and medical care, and the right to freedom from pollution

Based on the above rulings, it's not unreasonable to suggest that the provision/sale of masks from

a reserve stock to the public during a period of widespread shortage during a haze crisis,

falls into the category of protecting the people's right to life.

That is why "to have access to masks now during a serious haze crisis"

should be about your "right to life", not about scoring political points.

[cool]

now all diam diam leh.. everyone ki ki ku ki ki.. buy until n95 run out of stock.

no sound about distribution to people like last time thermometers during sars.

or maybe only until psi=500 then they open their stores. now? sup sup water.

Turbocharged

I don think so, even with all windows closed n a/c on, i can still smell a faint burning smell coming from my veh ac...it is good thing that i changed my home a/c last year to one that has an integrated air purifying system (ion system) as such there is no smell... [blush]

2 weeks ago serviced my car.. changed the a/c filter.

there is an inlet to the cabin i also cut out a 3M carbon a/c filter to cover it up. (a diy project shared in the sgmerc forum)

really works in times like this... with a/c on, air my car is as crisp as in genting and cameron highland [laugh]

House ac got filter, car ac oso got filter

But not 100% one

Turbocharged

do note that some cars don't come with a/c filter by default but by option.

if you not sure, better bring it to a mech or someone who knows, to check.

Turbocharged

i heard from the swimming complex staff that chenghu said, above PSI 200, all goverment swimming pool have to close.

to think last week i was denied entry cos of possible lightning.. this week all closed due to this :wacko:

Hypersonic

Highest AVERAGE is 371

So based on calculations, there is a high chance it went ABOVE 400 on some timings.

PSI has to be above 400 for the average to be that high. <_<

Turbocharged

Oh indonesia got oil , got diamond , got gold , got plenty of natural gas.

good..

slap them with a charge of utilizing weapon of mass destruction.. then send in troops to teach those whatyoudunno indos a lesson.. and pick some diamonds back in the process [laugh]

Turbocharged

if chenghu paying for all my staff salary, i dont mind declare off day.

this "off" day thiny very difficult. if haze persist, how many off days to give?

this "off" day thiny very difficult. if haze persist, how many off days to give?

if zheng hu declare off day, its as good as a public holiday alr.

Neutral Newbie

Mr Agung said any offer of financial aid from Singapore would be rejected, UNLESS IT WAS A LARGE AMOUNT.

When asked about offers of assistance, he said: "If it's just half a million (dollars), better we use our own budget."

How come I felt EXTORTED.. any chances that if anytime they want money. They just burn the plantation and ask for ASSISTANCE IN A LARGE AMOUNT.

If Singapore don

Turbocharged

exactly.. same for landlords. will they waive rentals?

difficult to implement.. nobody will want to foot the bill and be the loser.

2 weeks .... [sly]

Turbocharged

The Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR) and National Environment Agency (NEA) hold a technical briefing on the haze situation on Thursday evening, June 20, 2013.

The haze could continue for a few months because of the dry seasons, says the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources.

There may be a time lag of one to three days before health effects from the haze kick in, said the Ministry of Health.

The Health Ministry has sufficient stocks of approximately nine million masks and there are plans to place more orders for more stock as the haze worsens.

No scientific studies done on short-term haze exposure, "professionally, we should not be advocating", says MEWR.

The Metrological Service says dry conditions and westerly winds mean PSI reading for haze on Friday, June 21, is likely to be in "very unhealthy" range 201-300.T

If my house is dirty n it affect my neighbours in some way, no matter wat they complain, it is still my house. They cannt do anything if i refuse to do anything! Indonesia, NB!

↡ Advertisement