Haze lai liao..

VellfireS

Any idea whether the animals at the zoo and birds at the birdpark, will die anot?

Its suffocating to us humans without protect ... what are about those animals then?

Maybe can go in and have a look, I wonder USS still open or not....

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

gahment keep saying there's ample supply for N95 masks... but I kept hearing from friends and relatives that they have problem buying one...

If really have enough stocks.. Why cant just issue to all? Face mask also want to geh gao with own citizens??

I see alot of ppl wearing those surgical masks i was like ... [shakehead] those are totally useless and blocks maybe only the smell but all those particles will just go straight to their lungs....

I lucky i have ready supplies of R95 masks in my company and I manage to bring back some for my family.

They talk cork one lah

After miss vivian say in CNA - talking point last night that local retailers had stocked up last night

I immediate went down to my house where there's a Guardian

Surprisingly i'm not alone there about 6 people were there asking for N95 also

No stock Guardian reply

Moreover the 9m is not even enough factor in people dont buy in individual piece

We buy in box, i est per box is 12 pcs

Some more kaisu, they buy 10 boxes or more per trip

So if u take 9m divide by per box divide by population

Where got enough

Edited by Dfx16

Turbocharged
(edited)

gahment keep saying there's ample supply for N95 masks... but I kept hearing from friends and relatives that they have problem buying one...

If really have enough stocks.. Why cant just issue to all? Face mask also want to geh gao with own citizens??

I see alot of ppl wearing those surgical masks i was like ... [shakehead] those are totally useless and blocks maybe only the smell but all those particles will just go straight to their lungs....

I lucky i have ready supplies of R95 masks in my company and I manage to bring back some for my family.

Yes, they claim to have sufficient masks in stock, but still say they'll supply (note:SELL) through the pharmacies. Like that is useless - no control, not 100% ensure it gets to the people, and for sure, there'll be some wise-guy trying to profiteer from it or hoard these masks.

Why not just distribute to households? Will dent the GDP or dig into reserves?? [hur] Or how about discounting electricity bills for the hazy period? All these are things that can be done, but no one among the top people dare to voice it out.

I find the speech broadcasted yesterday to be pretty much no substance... no clear SOP on what to do, no clear guidelines of what is to be done should the PSI exceed certain level. Seriously, I'm worried about the future, looking at the display of lack of concrete action. Close windows and blow fan in hospital wards?? For what purpose, I wonder - becos this is largely useless against those fine particles in the air right now.

IMHO the authorities are worried about setting clear guidelines, stopping work, etc. because they do not know how long this crisis will last. Stop work next week? But what if the same situation, or worse, drags on for 3 weeks?? etc.

Edited by Sosaria

Turbocharged

Any idea whether the animals at the zoo and birds at the birdpark, will die anot?

Its suffocating to us humans without protect ... what are about those animals then?

Pandas got aircon?? [rolleyes]

Yes, they claim to have sufficient masks in stock, but still say they'll supply (note:SELL) through the pharmacies. Like that is useless - no control, not 100% ensure it gets to the people, and for sure, there'll be some wise-guy trying to profiteer from it or hoard these masks.

Why not just distribute to households? Will dent the GDP or dig into reserves?? [hur]

I find the speech broadcasted yesterday to be pretty much no substance... no clear SOP on what to do, no clear guidelines of what is to be done should the PSI exceed certain level. Seriously, I'm worried about the future, looking at the display of lack of concrete action. Close windows and blow fan in hospital wards?? For what purpose, I wonder - becos this is largely useless against those fine particles in the air right now.

IMHO the authorities are worried about setting clear guidelines, stopping work, etc. because they do not know how long this crisis will last. Stop work next week? But what if the same situation, or worse, drags on for 3 weeks?? etc.

During SARS they issue SARS kit to everyone right?

Don't know about u guys.. but it's gotta so bad that even my office is hazy...

No joke!!!

Indoor? What type of air con? Try to close and seal up all holes as much as possible...

so what's stopping them now?? oh I know.. a few deaths... :angry:

Are there any official webpage where we can input ideas? I doubt we are the only ones here talking about this, I believe something is stopping them....

The issue is how far can we meddle in other country's matters? Indonesia is certainly not our backyard where our govt can go in and say stop all fires. Easier said that done. Even Malaysia also affected, yet they are also unable to stop the fires in indonesia....

I thought they always brag about making Singapore 'punch above their weight" ? It time to show us how.

After all they are not pay millions to do nothing.

Why not just distribute to households? Will dent the GDP or dig into reserves?? [hur] Or how about discounting electricity bills for the hazy period? All these are things that can be done, but no one among the top people dare to voice it out.

precisely! basically PM is smoking us with more smoke.

Indoor? What type of air con? Try to close and seal up all holes as much as possible...

it came from the lift lobby, it seemed...

Now turn on all aircons full blast.

Vivian already explained....he said fluctuations in PSI can be large...so basically he doesnt want to cause panic due to sudden and short spikes in PSI

he has got a point actually

Rubbish... You still believe what they say? what sudden and short spike? Its been super smoky all these few days with no letup!

Open ur nose and eyes and see and smell for urself.. if its 158 this morning, then i believe is Genting clouds came to SG..

They have "benefit" to "push"/Average the PSI to low levels.. too high and they have to announce shutdown of schools, outside work etc just like in Malaysia now... then offices also need to shut bec children cannot goto childcare and need caregiver at home (i.e. mom and pop).. retailers no biz as all will stay at home with current terrible haze...whole economy will standstill = $$ standstill.. You think they care abt our health? They more care abt economy = $$$ = GDP = their $$$ yr end bonus!

So one PSI figure does tell a lot when the facts dun concur with it..... :angry:

Are there any official webpage where we can input ideas? I doubt we are the only ones here talking about this, I believe something is stopping them....

Hmmmm........... why no 'National Conversation' about haze to understand what the ground feel... [sly]

↡ Advertisement