My front car bumper fell off in HDB carpark!!!

Fivegear

Hello bros,

Went to pick up my car this evening which was parked in a HDB MSCP since morning and to my horror, I saw my car front bumper almost came off!!! [bigcry][bigcry]

I believe some irresponsible driver must have knocked into my front bumper hard during reverse and drove off. [furious][furious][furious]

Strange thing is I can't find any signs of dent and crack on the bumper and in fact it is still in quite good condition save for a few fine scratches at the bottom which I believe is from the fall. But on closer look I found the holes on the bumper used to secure with plastic screws were broken. Even on the ground I was able to find a few cracked plastic material tightening screws lying around. [bigcry]

But as the lower part of the bumper is still secured to the car front, in the end I managed to push back the whole bumper into position and drove off.

I am really at a loss what to do next. In such scenario, should I claim my insurance or just find one workshop i can it repaired? By the way, I am at full NCD so this will surely be reduced isn't it?

Given my scenario, approximately how much would it cost to repair (ie. no dent no real scratches just the tightening part is on)? Are there any workshop to recommend that opens on Saturday? I am staying around Pasir Ris area. And I believe I can still drive slowly to the workshop.

Any advise what i should do ??? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Honda Civic FD <_<

Oops PS..Thought you could have been the victim in the vid

Maybe you can look at the cars that usually park opposite you and see if any have installed camera to find out how the front bumper came off

Edited by Kurtselva

If still can drive, try and find someone in Honda forum to sell second hand. Some people may want to change to another front bumper design. Alternatively, you just get another front bumper and take the chance to change design.

Hey bro, I too kenah the same thing b4.. Dun bother to claim insurance la.. Juz go to any of the panel beating wk shop u knew n they can repair at $150-$300...depending on severity.. LLST pay fr ur own pocket... Damn sian one

Hey bro, I too kenah the same thing b4.. Dun bother to claim insurance la.. Juz go to any of the panel beating wk shop u knew n they can repair at $150-$300...depending on severity.. LLST pay fr ur own pocket... Damn sian one

That's why. The insurance excess probably more than the cost.

Hi Bro, I kena the same thing which was parked in a HDB MSCP. Front bumper some scratch & front bonnet got 1 feet length deep scratch.

Repair by own cost. What to do?? Believe is the truck knock my car.

since no dents, just go to WS and replace the retainers, should be about less than 300 of cost. better to pay out of pcoket then claim insurance. premium for civic fd not cheap.

Maybe Someone with the same car had an accident and try to remove your bumper to replace his/hers. But the process took too long so he/she ran away. Haha Just a guess since no dent no scratch.

Just made a police report. By the way, I am with Chartis and also at max 50% NCD. So I do hope I qualify for the NCD protector since I involved in claim the first time.

What do you all think? Tomorrow going down to AMK POINT to one of the workshop for assessment and repair.

Spoil my weekend. [bigcry]

Just made a police report. By the way, I am with Chartis and also at max 50% NCD. So I do hope I qualify for the NCD protector since I involved in claim the first time.

What do you all think? Tomorrow going down to AMK POINT to one of the workshop for assessment and repair.

Spoil my weekend. [bigcry]

Not worth claiming insurance bro.

Btw if possible, try to seek a second opinion from another workshop in case one decides to chop you.

Edited by Seanboi

I ever witnessed a boxed lorry turning out from a parking lot, the lorry strategically ripped off the front bumper of a car nicely, with the whole bumper cleanly down. No scratches except slight dents at the point of contact with the sharp part of the lorry.

Probably your bumper is ripped off from the side where the other vehicle is exiting from its parking lot.

Edited by Kangadrool

Maybe you can go about seeking opinions from workshops to salvage the screw recesses with epoxy putty since those are the only things that were damaged.

Not easy to fix the screw mounting. I too had FD once with the Mounting bracket on the bumper totally ripped open cant be fix so everytime the bumper seems not alight,

↡ Advertisement