AAS membership ?

Bluemice

Thanks Azhiwen, does this mean I should not bother applying for family membership (on the basis my wife can use the service in the same way)?

Your wife can sign up as a family member? At least that's what my parents did. My dad is the main member while my mum signed up as a family member.

Anyway, I am not exactly sure if what I did is officially allowed. But at least I have done that before and so did some of my friends.

↡ Advertisement

Just retrieving an old thread because my car fails to start this morning. After being a member for so many years of trouble free, I stop last year in April. Alas, this morning the battery show me color [:p]

Call AA and it is $138 for on the spot membership. Well, maybe it is worth the trouble to just pay annually?

I faced this situation few years back. Called AA ans signed membership on the spot.

Just wonder if there are cheaper options should we face battery emergencies in the future.

Just retrieving an old thread because my car fails to start this morning. After being a member for so many years of trouble free, I stop last year in April. Alas, this morning the battery show me color [:p]

Call AA and it is $138 for on the spot membership. Well, maybe it is worth the trouble to just pay annually?

I faced this situation few years back. Called AA ans signed membership on the spot.

Just wonder if there are cheaper options should we face battery emergencies in the future.

just call those fellas who will drive down to change battery for u lor.. 

get nanopulsar  [thumbsup]  there is a thread somewhere. 

Have been AA member ever since I got my license. Used mainly in 1st 2 years cos got a bladdy lemon then. After that hardly use, maybe about 5 times in 17 yrs ? 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Car sei for mostly due to:

(1) Tyre puncture

(2) Dead battery

Tyre puncture risk :

(1) get a tpms

(2) change tyre every 20K km -don't wait till no thread

Dead Battery risk

(1) Change battery every 15K km don't wait till die

(20 If die, get a portable charger with power bank

Point is.. AA relevance depends la...

I opt in for this additional benefit for my car insurance. It provides road site assistance for breakdown and cover any towing fee. I think it's about $27 annually.

But haven't activate them before. *torchwood*

• Praise 1

standby 1 jump start cable.   Just ask any kind driver around the carpark to 'borrow' their car to jump start.   [thumbsup]

Jap may be.

German car NO NO.

• Praise 1

Car sei for mostly due to:

(1) Tyre puncture

(2) Dead battery

Tyre puncture risk :

(1) get a tpms

(2) change tyre every 20K km -don't wait till no thread

Dead Battery risk

Point is.. AA relevance depends la...

Battery change every 2 years.  Sure safe 1.

1 of the reason it dies is heat in engine bay.

• Praise 2

get nanopulsar  [thumbsup]  there is a thread somewhere. 

Have been AA member ever since I got my license. Used mainly in 1st 2 years cos got a bladdy lemon then. After that hardly use, maybe about 5 times in 17 yrs ? 

I guess AA is useful for dead battery and tire puncture. Furthermore these two could happened anytime and anywhere, and AA really can response well to such situation.

• Praise 2

I guess AA is useful for dead battery and tire puncture. Furthermore these two could happened anytime and anywhere, and AA really can response well to such situation.

I have been an AA member for more than 20 years.  Have not used them that much, but when I have, it was really really useful. 

Cases include GB died, starter motor died, wife driving (spouse member) and kena flat tyre and the AA mechanic changed tyre for her, battery died (twice) etc.  Will continue cause it's like "insurance" for possible inconvenience.

• Praise 1

Note that AAS has changed their membership T&C recently (couple of years back) that their RAS (road side assistance) is limited to 4 times in a year. Beyond that there mayb a surcharge, so if breakdown on E-way, better to call 1800-CALL-LTA instead, though they only tow to the nearest designated car park.

I have been an AA member for more than 20 years.  Have not used them that much, but when I have, it was really really useful. 

Cases include GB died, starter motor died, wife driving (spouse member) and kena flat tyre and the AA mechanic changed tyre for her, battery died (twice) etc.  Will continue cause it's like "insurance" for possible inconvenience.

• Praise 2

Note that AAS has changed their membership T&C recently (couple of years back) that their RAS (road side assistance) is limited to 4 times in a year. Beyond that there mayb a surcharge, so if breakdown on E-way, better to call 1800-CALL-LTA instead, though they only tow to the nearest designated car park.

If need to use AA for more than 4 times a year, better get another car man, unless you are really so suay

seldom used them but the 2 times i used them, it save me a lot trouble and prevent me get carrot

1) the night before CNY's eve. towed car to house. next day (CNY eve) call AA again to tow to a workshop that fixed my starter issue on the same day

2) break down in JB. AA workshop quote 550rm, other workshop 800rm to 1krm and cannot even tell me when tow.

• Praise 1

Dead Battery risk

I change my battery once every 5 years plus.

Changing at every 15k is a waste of money imo.

• Praise 1

Must let us know what battery u use.. 5 years.. steady la.. so far have driven quite a few cars.. no such luck getting battery can last that long
  • Praise 1

Nowadays battery can last for 5 years meh? Think most battery barely can last more than 2 years?!

If need to use AA for more than 4 times a year, better get another car man, unless you are really so suay

4 times per year should consider sufficient, esp if your car is new. Think the most suay thing to happen should be tyre puncture. Battery dead should not happen more than 2 times within a year la.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1