A weird

AFV_V200

I think you do not respect your friend much. You even post this and some of his personal info in an open forum w/o him knowing(i assume). I dunno what is your intent but I hope your friend does not find out.

Personally I think you are a lousy friend. How your friend wants to manage his relationship and finances has nothing to do with you anyway. Give your friend some space. If he wants a mother he can aways go to his biological one. :D

Edited by Watwheels

your friend is an idiot. must have done something wrong la to the current one, or mention her too many times. i got mention my ex-gf name once in a blue moon, and my gf will just say .. "what a bitch" hahaa .. followed by some other colourful language ... somemore my friends will all tease me (in front of current gf) cos the ex-gf chest was unusually ... large. roflol. no biggie ma, i dont feel anything for the ex anymore, so why the hell should i care .. the fact that he is so concerns says alot.

as for the $ issue, ya i got one cockster friend like that ... loaded fella ... your freelancer earnings is probably pocket money to him ... but this idiot always borrow money frm me. he will pay back for sure .. but always no cash ... (he has a black amex, if that tells you anything :P )

i think the last 5 yrs ... always need to ask me for $, and i always ask him why the hell doesnt he have cash lo... these days i just say not enough .. let him be someone elses problem .. i not so free to remember how many times people owe me $ lo ..

I think this kind is earn 10k put 8k into investment. Then spend finish le got to wait until next mth then he pay u back and put less into invesement.

it is clever not to mention other's ex infront of the current.

Different people have different sensitive level.

Better not to bring it up and continue with the meal.

Got to think 1st before voice out anything.

what so weird about him?? i dun find anything wrong with him, even with how he live his life or looking for a flat!

if you dun like to foot his bill, fark him.once and for all.

it is clever not to mention other's ex infront of the current.

Different people have different sensitive level.

Better not to bring it up and continue with the meal.

Got to think 1st before voice out anything.

haha i guess everyones thinking differs frm mine .. i always got so called, "nth to hide" mentality (not saying any1 got anything to hide la, just, im very open i guess) ... if anyone ask me abt the ex in front of the current, just say lo.. if she cant accept me for who i am, then there are far deeper issues to resolve ...

Dont c anything wrong with him. He have his reason that might not be able to share with you.... To be honest, I nvr bring up my friend ex in front of his wife or current GF cause it may cause unhappiness. You may want to be a bit more sensetive next time.

As for letting you pay 1st and he pay u bk later issue. Its up to individual, for me, if he is paying me back almost immediately (as per how you describe), I think Im okie. But if you dont like it, just make sure you have $10 in your wallet next time you go out with him. Then you things will happen the other way round. Afterall, ATM machines is everywhere, and most merchandiser accept nets/ credit card. Dont think it will cause you any inconviniency.

As for buying flat with cash... again, its individual preference. Its his money and its his right to spend the way he wanted to. Take me for example, I pay more than 50% downpayment for my car and clear off the rest within 4 yrs. Many of my friends say I stupid, should pay min downpayment, and drag the installment period to max since interest rate is so low, the money could be use the for investment instead. But I prefer it this way cause I do not to much debts.

Edited by Tigershark1976

1) I dunno y must mention current gf is celebrity

2) TS sounds like he became very defensive

3) everyone relationship is different and sensitive to different things

lastly, I think ts is the weird one.

p.s TS are you waiting for us to ask you who is the celebrity?

I also don't have more than $50 in my wallet most of the time... As long as your friend pays you back, I don't see any problem with that. It's not as if he taking advantage of you.

I think there is a consensus that you mention your friend's ex was wrong. Why would you want to do that? Sowing discord? If any of my friends openly talk to me and my wife about my ex, I would hammer that friend. It's just not right. <_<

Dont c anything wrong with him. He have his reason that might not be able to share with you.... To be honest, I nvr bring up my friend ex in front of his wife or current GF cause it may cause unhappiness. You may want to be a bit more sensetive next time.

As for letting you pay 1st and he pay u bk later issue. Its up to individual, for me, if he is paying me back almost immediately (as per how you describe), I think Im okie. But if you dont like it, just make sure you have $10 in your wallet next time you go out with him. Then you things will happen the other way round. Afterall, ATM machines is everywhere, and most merchandiser accept nets/ credit card. Dont think it will cause you any inconviniency.

As for buying flat with cash... again, its individual preference. Its his money and its his right to spend the way he wanted to. Take me for example, I pay more than 50% downpayment for my car and clear off the rest within 4 yrs. Many of my friends say I stupid, should pay min downpayment, and drag the installment period to max since interest rate is so low, the money could be use the for investment instead. But I prefer it this way cause I do not to much debts.

I think some are missing the point. I didnt bring up intentionally. I did not mention his ex-girl friend. I un-intentionally brought up he ex-girl's GUY friend ( ya not even a lady friend). For a clear picture.. all i said was "Hey, so and so(ex-girl friend's friend) is visiting SG next week, wanna meet up with him?" and his girl was just next to him of cos. And he got upset for that? She doesn't even know who is that so and so.

Lastly, I dont mention friend's ex-girl in front of their girl friend, as i know it is sensitive issue. :)