Porsche

Throttle2

Hated the feeling. The front lifts up while accelerating. Its a weird weird feeling.

You know, I get the same front-end floatiness on the Lotus Elise at high speeds, or hard acceleration.

This impacts steering, especially on slippery roads.

What's wrong with these R/R designs man?

They seem to be so obsessed with static F/R weight balance that they forget about kinematic balance, where the weight vector points backward on hard acceleration!

Edited by Timbuktu
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Heh... You answered your own ques.

RR was already wrong in the 1st place. Being Germans, they'd rather work with the problem than to avoid it.

That's the Porsche appeal. And don't forget the 911s were air-cooled till the 996 appeared.

My fave is still the 993... the last of the air-cooled widow makers. Nothing else sounds like an air-cooled Porsche.

• Praise 1

Heh... You answered your own ques.

RR was already wrong in the 1st place.

But but Lotus is British leh (owned by Bolehland, of course)!

As hard headed as the Germans?

No lah - after all, they won the Battle of Britain with 'lesser' flying machines ... both in capability and numbers!

Edited by Timbuktu

i agree that the new boxster is chio, i also tempted if not for the coe.

but dont think i can stand a NA car now.

Boxster, Cayman, dah dah dah [sleeping]

YOu guys got visit http://www.planet-9.com/forums/, I thought it was rather good. I was hanging around there when I thought of getting a cayman s.

But then I saw the new boxster. :wub: Then told myself to lun until the cayman models comes out. I seen the new boxster only once, but it looks really nice.

Cayman . Boxster, i not keen

a Porsche to me is 911 or nothing.

I'm a badge whore, said already

Edited by Throttle2

At the risk of PO-ing MO, I applaud you. Porsche = 911. [thumbsup]

Of course, some hair-splitting purists will go even further exclude anything other than air-cooled models, but we can't be so choosy, can we? :D

Edited by Turboflat4

At the risk of PO-ing MO, I applaud you. Porsche = 911. [thumbsup]

Of course, some hair-splitting purists will go even further exclude anything other than air-cooled models, but we can't be so choosy, can we? :D

911 911 911 911 911 911 911

[laugh]

The new 991 is nice. Big price difference between the top cayman model & the base 911. Even the 4S model cost a considerable premium over the base 911. Prices for turboed models are over the roof, within touching distance of Ferrari.

Cayman is good enough for me. Pity no all wheel drive option.

The new 991 is nice. Big price difference between the top cayman model & the base 911. Even the 4S model cost a considerable premium over the base 911. Prices for turboed models are over the roof, within touching distance of Ferrari.

I cant, i need to put my kids at the back.

Only a 911 will do [laugh]

Bro, I would steer clear of AWD when it comes to the 911. Which is why I didn't contemplate the C4 or the turbo models. There's something pure and exhilirating about the RWD experience.

I cant, i need to put my kids at the back.

Only a 911 will do [laugh]

Those seats are great. They're basically child seats, with the small dimensions. My kid loves to sit in them. :D

Bro, I would steer clear of AWD when it comes to the 911. Which is why I didn't contemplate the C4 or the turbo models. There's something pure and exhilirating about the RWD experience.

Likwise, 2wd enough for me, the less complicated the better for now.

Maybe next one will try for turbo .

I almost bought a speed yellow 996 Turbo but someone else put the deposit first.

then i contemplated a red 996 Turbo but red just didnt seem right.

In the end a basic black 997 was available at the right timing so it worked.

I almost bought a speed yellow 996 Turbo but someone else put the deposit first.

then i contemplated a red 996 Turbo but red just didnt seem right.

In the end a basic black 997 was available at the right timing so it worked.

Well done, congrats and welcome (back) to the P-fold.

It's difficult finding the optimal used P-car. You should just go with the first car that best meets your expectations. I wasn't going to get a Cab, but Andy gave the car two thumbs up, so in I went, because I had no confidence of being able to find a great specimen again.

kk. i kaypoh a bit. i drove the very first cayenne that landed on our shores when it was first announced. that was pretty thrilling.

i called up SA a while ago as a friend wanted to test drive the panamera S. they are pretty lax about test drives ... lady confirmed it over the phone (she asked me if i could handle it as well as i could have a turn, i told her i was driving a gtr and she went "ugh" in a nice way ... lol)

even their workshop has pretty lax security .. i've wondered around it last time i was there lol ... i may have a picture or two somewhere. i remember seeing a lime green GT3 (i think) there undergoing maintenance ( i could be wrong abt the model tho .. i dont know much about porsches to be frank)

few months ago went up to HK, tried my friends panamera turbo ... i swear to god, its worse than a jetplane. buttons here, there, everywhere!!! it needs to come with a pre-flight instruction manual sia ...

• Praise 1

eh ello...your GTR not mucxh better....how many programs u have, blah blah..adjust wat settings.....walau..start car 20 min [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Don't waste time on half-breed sports cars.

Buy Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini aventador, Ferrari F12berlinetta better.

for the last 5 or so posts, there has been nothing but nonsense from your inputs. Any more and you are history. We do not need idiots here

↡ Advertisement