Porsche

Throttle2

I guess it must be more refined than the 997....

the lines take the lead from the panamera and does really bring out the modern look.

even the interior is like the panamera, very refine.

i'll wait another 18 mths.... [;)]

The 991 has a clean minimalistic exterior and a super sweet, sumptuous interior. The latter borrows elements from the panamera while still retaining the youthful and sporty vibe. I really enjoy the smooth pdk transmission and the rev matched downshifts especially in sport and sport plus mode. The induction sound when you push it past 4000 rpm is also quite addictive. It feels literally like a fighter jet taking off. The only downside is that the steering is not as chatty and communicative as in the 997. But it still feels very competent especially when cornering fast.

Thanks for the welcome, M.

i'm unlikely to join any event, it's just not something i do.

not with VolvoSG , BMW.SG, SG Merc nor Porsche club.

I really dont enjoy huge meetups in general.

Me neither. I enjoy smaller meetups with a select group of like minded folks.

Me neither. I enjoy smaller meetups with a select group of like minded folks.

I saw your 991 at Ngee Ann City a few nights ago with your baby!

I saw your 991 at Ngee Ann City a few nights ago with your baby!

Me too, i saw his 991 at mohd sultan on saturday night.....swee

is yours a carrera s? saw a black porker behind me at the lights at suntec this evening otw home

• Praise 1

is yours a carrera s? saw a black porker behind me at the lights at suntec this evening otw home

no i dont pass by Suntec on the way home anymore.

It's ECP - KPE for me....

Hmmm must be my clone. I wasn't near the mohd sultan area last sat night. But i must say there are not too many 991s on the road yet. Saw a white one the other day on middle road but with different rims (stock carrera S rims) driven by an AM who looked quite surprised to see me

You saw my ad on bmw-sg? Guards red is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. The color shows off the curvy lines of the car very well. The carrera being a small car also tends to suit the brighter colors. However someone who prefers a fiercer, more masculine, and perhaps more tactical look will probably want to go with the darker or metallic colors. Thankfully the car is now with a new owner who as far as i can tell is lavishing it with the care and attention that it deserves.

Raymond right? He called me and asked if got lobang for no plate. Told him to leave it as it is else ppl will spot you everywhere.

Raymond right? He called me and asked if got lobang for no plate. Told him to leave it as it is else ppl will spot you everywhere.

Yeah sometimes it is good to have a more tactical number plate [rolleyes]

Yeah lah. Your wife was carrying her :D

Were you in the black car coming out of wisma? I was driving past Ngee Ann City after leaving the ION carpark

The folks at cigar meet ups must be very different from those at car meet ups [lipsrsealed]

No lah, all normal folks.....from 20yr old NS boy to 50yr old business owner....

Not that much different from car meet ups but certainly milder [laugh]

The 991 has a clean minimalistic exterior and a super sweet, sumptuous interior. The latter borrows elements from the panamera while still retaining the youthful and sporty vibe. I really enjoy the smooth pdk transmission and the rev matched downshifts especially in sport and sport plus mode. The induction sound when you push it past 4000 rpm is also quite addictive. It feels literally like a fighter jet taking off. The only downside is that the steering is not as chatty and communicative as in the 997. But it still feels very competent especially when cornering fast.

How about servicing the 991?

I hear it's a pain becos everything is tucked so nicely and hidden.

To access the engine bay area, got to remove a few covers already.

Is that true, I haven't done much research on the 991 yet, everything is more or less hear say.

[confused]

(edited)

Dont quite understand it, M3s, GTRs, Lambos, Ferraris, Masers, dont try to race me.

But in the last few weeks, i keep on getting B&B saabs and audis trying to prove a point.

Just now on Pie again, a Saab 93. And much earlier an A5. And also a 320i.

Even a toyota celicar??

I cant help but think that these people who buy small turbo cars really got inferiority complex.

I was just cruising at 80-90km/hr leh.

I am so scared, i think i am going to change to an S class.

Help!

Heh

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement