Porsche

Throttle2

You have a happy problem that you can afford a 400k car, but too many choices.....

Google Maserati and you will realize they are nearly belly up with sales and financial issues.... don't hesitate definitely go for Porsc... resale value is super good also.

Porky good resale value? Smelly smelly still depre 30k/yr?
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
This is the Porsche 911 Speedster Concept

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/porsche-911-speedster-concept

p18_0441_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=gLWfRyvS

Welcome to what might just be the 991-era 911’s last hurrah – the Porsche 911 Speedster Concept. Built to celebrate 70 years of Porsche sports cars (the first Porsche 356 was signed off 70 years ago today), and – though Porsche doesn’t explicitly say so – signify that production of the 991 911 is nearing its end, the 911 Speedster Concept “offers a glimpse of a potential series-production” car that “may not be presented until 2019”.

Porsche says a decision on whether to put the Speedster into production “will be made in the coming months”. We think it absolutely should (and no doubt will, as they’ve been seen testing), because what you’re looking at is effectively a GT3 Cabriolet. And there’s no way that’s a bad thing.

The body comes from the Carrera 4 Cabriolet (with the standard wings and bonnet ditched for carbon-fibre items), but in its maker’s words, the “chassis essentially comes from the 911 GT3”. Technical details and performance figures haven’t been released, but Porsche does say the six-cylinder engine – probably the 4.0-litre from the GT3 – makes “over 500hp and reaches speeds of up to 9,000rpm” and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.

Making its world premiere at the “70 years Porsche sportscar” celebration in Germany, the Concept has a short, steeply-raked windscreen, cut-down side windows and a special ‘double-bubble’ rear cover in carbon-fibre. A lightweight tonneau cover protects the Concept’s interior, which is trimmed in ‘Cognac 356’ leather. You sit in carbon-fibre bucket seats and have nothing to listen to besides the engine, for the radio, navigation and air-conditioning systems have all been removed to save weight. The wheels are Fuchs-style 21s with centre-locks.

embargo_20_30_cest_8_june_2018_porsche_9

embargo_20_30_cest_8_june_2018_porsche_9

p18_0429_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=NFrPLo0J

p18_0437_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=kvgQLwc9

p18_0442_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=9kxt6CIm

p18_0443_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=1I697n4z

p18_0438_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=Ai_pmTYk

p18_0436_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=pUAOOy8n

p18_0431_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=30HKY4Kr

p18_0433_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=POX-fnVz

p18_0434_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=Yj-_SaK9

p18_0430_a5_rgb.jpg?itok=OfjRtlCj

Supersonic

Porsche releases first teaser images of new Taycan (Mission E) – ‘soul, electrified’

https://electrek.co/2018/06/13/porsche-taycan-teaser-images-mission-e-soul-electrified/

screen-shot-2018-06-13-at-10-40-02-am1-e

After announcing that the Mission E, Porsche’s first all-electric vehicle, is becoming the Taycan when going into production, the German automaker has now released the first teaser images of the upcoming all-electric sedan.

As we have been analyzing Porsche’s early marketing of the Mission E since the launch of the concept vehicle in 2015, we have been saying that the automaker seems to be positioning the vehicle as being a “real Porsche” and claiming that it is going to bethe first electric vehicle to “have a soul.”

It appears to be confirmed as Porsche’s strategy as they released their first marketing effort for the production version of the vehicle – now known as the Taycan.

Porsche released a video focused on the vehicle “having a soul”.

The video also appears to include the first teaser images of the production version Taycan, which is expected to be officially unveiled by the end of the year for a start of production next year:

They wrote in the description:

All Porsche models have something in common: They have a soul. A certain feeling you get as a driver as soon as you get behind the wheel. Soon, the Porsche Taycan is coming. And although his heart is powered by a different force – electricity – the soul, once again, is the same.

Ever since unveiling the Mission E concept, Porsche has been saying that the production version will remain fairly similar.

Based on those images, the shape indeed appears to be close to the concept, which has won several design awards:

The vehicle is expected to have a range of over 250 miles.

The company has previously been talking about a 0 to 60 mph acceleration in 3.5 seconds and earlier this year, a Porsche executive said that the Mission E will be able to go long distances at high-speed, like traveling on the German autobahn, or to complete a few laps on the race track.

But the vehicle’s charging system might be the biggest feature that the Mission E, now the Taycan, is bringing to market.

Porsche is talking about an 800-volt system that should allow a charge rate of up to 350 kW, which could charge the car up to 80% in only 15 minutes.

Previous unconfirmed reports suggest that the Porsche Mission E will start at ~$75,000 with three different performance trims – making the vehicle competitive with the Tesla Model S’ current pricing structure.

Those specs are expected to be updated with the production version of the vehicle, along with the design.

https://youtu.be/x4xJ-4piQxI

screen-shot-2018-06-13-at-10-39-36-am.jp

screen-shot-2018-06-13-at-10-39-48-am.jp

screen-shot-2018-06-13-at-10-40-16-am.jp

Supersonic

Interesting.

Porsche Celebrates 70th Birthday By Making Its Own Wine

https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-celebrates-70th-birthday-by-making-its-own-wine

A special occasion requires a special wine.

Drinking and driving don't mix. But wine and Porsche have with the launch of the Cuvée 356. Named for (and celebrating the anniversary) of the Porsche 356, the wine is a blend in the grand cuvée style. It's made up of 65 percent pinot blanc, 18 percent chardonnay, 12 percent sauvignon blanc, and 5 percent pinot gris. It comes from the Syteria (with a T) region of Austria, the same country where the Porsche family is from and where the 356 was born in 1948. The wine is the work of one Armin Tement, a top-rated master blender.

435477.jpg

Tement's Ried Zierregg 2015 sauvignon blanc was awarded 97/100 by leading authority Robert Parker. And for this creation, he worked with wine importer Alexander Baron von Essen, Porsche ambassador Walter Röhrl, Porsche vice president Josef Arweck, and Holger Schramm (sommelier at the automaker's Christophorus restaurant in Stuttgart).

The fruit of their labors was served earlier this month as part of the anniversary celebration at the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, and is now available in the gift shop. If you live in Germany, you can even have them delivered for €19.50 per bottle. (You'll have to order a minimum case and a half of 18 bottles, though, and shipping is included for any order of 36 bottles or more.) This isn't the first time we've seen Porsche delve into consumables, either. The automaker keeps bees at itsfactory in Leipzig, and sells the honey they make in the gift shop there as well. If the wine is more up your alley, though, BMW tuner Alpina has a whole side-business dealing in the finest of aged grape juice.

435478.jpg

(edited)

hey guys, thinking of buying a 997 911 turbo. got about 3 owners (one of them was a lady who barely drove it) and around 57k on the mileage. I wanna do a stage 2 or stage 3 tune because the im probably gonna be renewing the COE (so cheap now omg). any advice on the things to look out for and what I can expect in terms of performance gains? 

I test drove the car and the engine is sound. current owner says ill have to change geabox oil soon which I don't have a problem with. my mechanic/tuner thinks its a good buy and I trust him. he says ill really feel a difference after a stage 2 tune let alone a stage 3 tune because since its turbocharged. 

would very much appreciate you guys' advice.... thanks in advance!!

P.S. I currently drive a BM 330i and im looking for a serious performance upgrade.

Edited by ecnavBD
  • Praise 2

(edited)

What sort of promo?

Price discount for event cars that will be use during WTA, 15k for panny and 8k for cayenne from what i heard.

Edited by Bacteria83
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

hey guys, thinking of buying a 997 911 turbo. got about 3 owners (one of them was a lady who barely drove it) and around 57k on the mileage. I wanna do a stage 2 or stage 3 tune because the im probably gonna be renewing the COE (so cheap now omg). any advice on the things to look out for and what I can expect in terms of performance gains? 

I test drove the car and the engine is sound. current owner says ill have to change geabox oil soon which I don't have a problem with. my mechanic/tuner thinks its a good buy and I trust him. he says ill really feel a difference after a stage 2 tune let alone a stage 3 tune because since its turbocharged. 

would very much appreciate you guys' advice.... thanks in advance!!

P.S. I currently drive a BM 330i and im looking for a serious performance upgrade.

997.1 or 997.2?

no GTS no talk .... davidtch says one ... hehe

Price discount for event cars that will be use during WTA, 15k for panny and 8k for cayenne from what i heard.

↡ Advertisement