Porsche

Throttle2

Neutral Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Am suffering from a bout of insomnia tonight. 

Got me a 987 PDK as a project car to work on and play with. 

I am wondering, apart from ordering parts from the likes of Pelican and Suncoast, do you guys have any ideas on local stockists? 

I'm guessing it's a shot in the dark to be asking this in SG since most people don't bother with DIY but hopefully, someone can give pointers.

Thanks much, stay safe and healthy & have a great 2021 and beyond!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 12/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, Eyke said:

I asked them for a quote and it seems that they're more like an agent than an actual insurance company. 

I was under the impression that they were insurers. 

They got me a pretty decent quote of about $1.6k for a 987 Boxster after 50% NCD. Age group of between 45—55 years. 

Edit: the quote was from AXA. 

Edited by Efbeeeye
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Efbeeeye said:

I asked them for a quote and it seems that they're more like an agent than an actual insurance company. 

They got me a pretty decent quote of about $1.6k for a 987 Boxster after 50% NCD. Age group of between 45—55 years. 

hmm...i got from Aviva ~$1K with less NCD, only catch is excess quite high.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Efbeeeye said:

Was there a comparison of different quote?

6 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

the 992 911 turbo S must be like >900k in SG...

Bare car without any option + COE easily above 1 million. My friend ordered one for 1.1. It is a super car after all.

• Shocked 1

Hi Guys, was looking to get myself a just renewed COE Panamera 3.6V base model and where to get this baby for regular service (workshop )?

and what are the common issue for this baby that i must look for? 

thank in advance for any comment from any owner of Porsche here

6 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

the 992 911 turbo S must be like >900k in SG...

31 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Bare car without any option + COE easily above 1 million. My friend ordered one for 1.1. It is a super car after all.

Screenshot_20210115-134230_Samsung Internet.jpg

Before adding options.

Edited by flat6
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, flat6 said:

Screenshot_20210115-134230_Samsung Internet.jpg

Before adding options.

wow ... i can only afford before the 2nd COE used up ... 

aim for year 18-19-20 for minimum depreciation 

still can extend 1 more COE? [sly]  [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie
9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Was there a comparison of different quote?

No. They just quote from AXA is all. I'm with NTUC. About $200 more but it's done through a friend so I support support friend a bit lah. 😂 

Neutral Newbie
9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

wow ... i can only afford before the 2nd COE used up ... 

aim for year 18-19-20 for minimum depreciation 

still can extend 1 more COE? [sly]  [laugh] 

There's no limit to COE extension provided you extend for 10 years each time. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Steptronic said:

But Porsches are overpriced in SG. A new McLaren 720s is typically 50% more in the US market compared to a new 911 turbo S, but in SG, they're not that far apart in price. I used Mac as an example, the same applies to Ferrari (the Roma is actually cheaper than the turbo S in our market, which is a weird situation you don't find overseas). Which is why it doesn't seem great value to me to buy a new Porsche of any sort here, at least from the AD. 

Something tells me Stuttgart is just profiteering. 

(BTW, I am aware the COE adds the same baseline value to all these cars, but it is relatively insignificant compared to the total price, and the rest of the amount should scale with the OMV. The problem is - it doesn't seem to). 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

16 hours ago, Efbeeeye said:

Try Liberty. 
my 911 was $1.2k comprehensive $5k excess.  Boxster should be cheaper

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

But Porsches are overpriced in SG. A new McLaren 720s is typically 50% more in the US market compared to a new 911 turbo S, but in SG, they're not that far apart in price. I used Mac as an example, the same applies to Ferrari (the Roma is actually cheaper than the turbo S in our market, which is a weird situation you don't find overseas). Which is why it doesn't seem great value to me to buy a new Porsche of any sort here, at least from the AD. 

Something tells me Stuttgart is just profiteering. 

(BTW, I am aware the COE adds the same baseline value to all these cars, but it is relatively insignificant compared to the total price, and the rest of the amount should scale with the OMV. The problem is - it doesn't seem to). 

Big fat profit

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Efbeeeye said:

Hi Everyone,

Am suffering from a bout of insomnia tonight. 

Got me a 987 PDK as a project car to work on and play with. 

I am wondering, apart from ordering parts from the likes of Pelican and Suncoast, do you guys have any ideas on local stockists? 

I'm guessing it's a shot in the dark to be asking this in SG since most people don't bother with DIY but hopefully, someone can give pointers.

Thanks much, stay safe and healthy & have a great 2021 and beyond!

Dont get from pelican or suncoast. Those are american base and shipping takes longer too. You may mistakenly end up buyig left hand drive parts

go Design911 which is uk based. Order by parts no. Ship by courier, 3days.  Very reasonable shipping. 

good luck and enjoy

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Dont get from pelican or suncoast. Those are american base and shipping takes longer too. You may mistakenly end up buyig left hand drive parts

go Design911 which is uk based. Order by parts no. Ship by courier, 3days.  Very reasonable shipping. 

good luck and enjoy

Thank you 😊 🙏 

↡ Advertisement