Porsche

Throttle2

Cool, what rims are those?

Those are the optional carrera classic rims. I got a lot of good comments about them. The gun metal grey portion of the rim contrasts well with the white on the body while the chrome spokes extending out to the rim edge gives one the illusion that the rims are bigger than they are. In addition the grey portion hides brake dust well. Really happy that I chose them for the order.

With the new 911, the 991 is starting to look sleeker and sleeker .

At some angles (especially sideview) it is starting to resemble a ferrari ? !

not sure if other folks feel the same way as me.

I can see why you think so. The larger 20 inch rims, lower roofline (by 10mm) and shorter windows all contribute to a very hunkered down look from the side esp when compared to the previous iterations of the 911. Still it is very far removed from the 458, my fav ferrari, which appears very organic, sinewy, and reptilian.

If there's one thing I don't like abt the 991, well actually two, is that I find the rear 'porsche' and model designation a bit mismatched due to the different fonts. I'd choose to remove the model designation, IF I can afford to buy the 991 in the 1st place [bigcry]

Just an opinion. I'm quite a OCD [laugh] Otherwise this new 991 is pretty much perfect and it looks awesome in white.

Thanks for the kind words bro. Luckily I am not so OCD .... yet. This issue has been discussed to death already in the US/European porsche 991 forums. The car does have a generous derriere and it may look a bit plain without the model designation. I'm leaving it just the way it is at the moment because every time I see a debadged car, Porsche or otherwise, I always wonder whether they have something to hide.

Turbocharged

I can see why you think so. The larger 20 inch rims, lower roofline (by 10mm) and shorter windows all contribute to a very hunkered down look from the side esp when compared to the previous iterations of the 911. Still it is very far removed from the 458, my fav ferrari, which appears very organic, sinewy, and reptilian.

20" rims = killer running costs. my RFT already cost me abt 1k per pc. bah, wish i could downgrade back to 18". sometimes .. bigger is not always better [laugh]

20" rims = killer running costs. my RFT already cost me abt 1k per pc. bah, wish i could downgrade back to 18". sometimes .. bigger is not always better [laugh]

Are you driving a GTR? Yes, bigger is almost always nicer to look at but is certainly not kinder to the wallet. But these are typically low mileage cars. I think one set should last me about two years if I do not go crazy with the traffic light pole position starts. My 997 Michelin PS2 tyres cost me 3k per set. This should set me back by more. Less so if I order direct from tire rack.

18" is too small for a sportscar and 20" is big and beautiful but costly.

19" is the best compromise i feel.

Are you driving a GTR? Yes, bigger is almost always nicer to look at but is certainly not kinder to the wallet. But these are typically low mileage cars. I think one set should last me about two years if I do not go crazy with the traffic light pole position starts. My 997 Michelin PS2 tyres cost me 3k per set. This should set me back by more. Less so if I order direct from tire rack.

Likewise, a set of tyres for me, last usually 2 years at least.

Am currently running on PS2 as well.

Turbocharged

yup. you're lucky, mine normally last me a year to a year and a few months. plus i have no time to source the tires myself and get someone to change, so i have to pay the lazy tax :/ lol.

Thanks for the kind words bro. Luckily I am not so OCD .... yet. This issue has been discussed to death already in the US/European porsche 991 forums. The car does have a generous derriere and it may look a bit plain without the model designation. I'm leaving it just the way it is at the moment because every time I see a debadged car, Porsche or otherwise, I always wonder whether they have something to hide.

The designer of the 991 must be left ripping his hair out after the final mould. Dunno where else he can place the model designation... [laugh]

I guess a debadged 911 is still ok cuz other than carrera or carrera S, or the carrera 4 and 4S for that matter, the rest of the 911 range have their own slightly different distinctive styling.

Having said that, the base n S model sports different tailpipes, rims and calipers. So still quite easy to spot whether he's got 50 lesser ponies unless he changed to PCCB, sports pipes and 20" rims [laugh]

(edited)

I do find it a bit too cluttered for the 911

Just Carrera, or Carrera S, or Carrera 4, Turbo, etc....is enough

For the Panamera looks ok.

Maybe becos the backside of Panamera is bigger.

Anyway, it's still quite a while before this becomes my issue..... :D

Edited by Throttle2

The designer of the 991 must be left ripping his hair out after the final mould. Dunno where else he can place the model designation... [laugh]

I guess a debadged 911 is still ok cuz other than carrera or carrera S, or the carrera 4 and 4S for that matter, the rest of the 911 range have their own slightly different distinctive styling.

Having said that, the base n S model sports different tailpipes, rims and calipers. So still quite easy to spot whether he's got 50 lesser ponies unless he changed to PCCB, sports pipes and 20" rims [laugh]

Yeap from the rear a base with PSE looks exactly like a carrera S. It's not like I want to differentiate from the base model. But rather I do not want to be thought of as a base trying to look like an S. A subtle but impt point :)

Such a reply was anticipated and also shows your ignorance. Which is all the more tragically and cruelly ironical as you were the tread starter TS.

if u bothered to do some BASIC research you will see that some (not all) previous Porsche models were joint projects with VW. And VW also has equity stakes in Porsche...so there is a common history between the two companies and the two cars.

The first Porsche car, the Porsche 64 of 1938, used many components from the Volkswagen Beetle. The 1948 Porsche 356 continued using many Volkswagen components, including a tuned engine, gearbox and suspension.

This has also been a long debate between Jeremy and Richard Clarkson in TopGear....but oh well u r not flaming right? so u wont look so stupid...

damm i was hoping u hit me with something more aggressive then u would have looked even worse.....but u really answered your own question...and need only look into the mirror for silent confirmation.

:angry:

No flaming, just down right ridicule.

Are you stupid or are you stupid?

Muayhahahaha [laugh]

[:p]

Edited by NightWind
↡ Advertisement