Time to buy some US dollar?

Albeniz

are u nuts???

Fed launched an open-ended program to buy $40 billion in mortgage backed securities each month, a program that will continue until the labor market improves....

Fed is printing more $$$ from now onwards and keep interest rate from 0-0.25% till 2015....

get gold/silver is a better bets...

I know they are printing money for QE3.

So is the US dollar going to drop below Sing dollar? :D :D

Edited by Albeniz

I know they are printing money for QE3.

So is the US dollar going to drop below Sing dollar? :D :D

dunno... but 'rumour' to be 1 = 1 by 2016...

USD is becoming banana notes their bonds are junks.. all the major currencies are doing QE... when's SG start printing??? [laugh]

USD is becoming banana notes their bonds are junks.. all the major currencies are doing QE... when's SG start printing??? [laugh]

yup....has been projected to be on par then

Anybody thinks it is possible for the US to go on a war footing given the tragic development in Libya? I wonder if they do, would they issue war bonds.

Not likely to happen

Was looking at the exchange rate today.

The lowest point today was:

US$1 = S$1.2178.

Anyone buying?

Not buying.. Main bulk of my remuneration already in USD... Now cannot convert back [bigcry]

USD is projected to drop even further

USD is projected to drop even further

is there a "pinch point" where a system correction will occur? e.g. massive exodus of companies stop trading in usd, OPEC stop transacting crude in usd etc.

I am sure it is also the world's interest to not allow the greenback to devalue beyond a certain extent given the way things are currently.

is there a "pinch point" where a system correction will occur? e.g. massive exodus of companies stop trading in usd, OPEC stop transacting crude in usd etc.

I am sure it is also the world's interest to not allow the greenback to devalue beyond a certain extent given the way things are currently.

The correction will be through another financial crisis lor. Have to reset system into equilibrium again mah. Don't quote me :D

US$1 = S$1.2178.

Anyone buying?

I miss the time when US$1 = S$1.8. That was the time when I was earning in USD. That time so shiok [:)] Now v sian. Drop like nobody's business. Luckily I earn SGD now. It is unlikely USD will ever rise up to that level again, at least not in my lifetime, unless something drastic happen in Singapore.

US$1 = S$1.2178.

Anyone buying?

Don't be silly

You should be buying gold and silver. I added to my gold and silver through ETFs just 2 weeks ago when they broke out from consolidation.

The QE for this round is not QE3. It is QE Infinity which is as good as printing till US dollar becomes junk.

Can you imagine a currency where $40 billion is printed EVERY MONTH from thin air? Even monopoly money don't get printed that fast.

I have been following this event since they announced it last night. I have been on CNBC the minute they annouced till now. I haven't eat, I havent shave. This is the most devastating event that will send our market to a global depression in years to come.

Just remember the date : Sept 13th 2012. This is the day that will in infamy for all of us.

Buy your gold and silver. At one point, I may even convert them to physical gold and silver.

Edited by Icedbs

The correction will be through another financial crisis lor. Have to reset system into equilibrium again mah. Don't quote me :D

how not to believe you? if anything is to be learned from the past decade, the boom-bust cycle is getting more frequent and intensifying in scale too.

Edited by Happily1986

if that happens, wont that mean that there is too big a recession that even USA cannot recover from?

↡ Advertisement