Accept compensation or respray?

Windwaver

One of my sports rim (according to workshop rim is still usable) suffered multiple scratches in an earlier accident and I'm claiming 100% from the fellow who ram into me. According to the surveyor, I can either respray all 4 rims ($200+) or they compensate me $150 for 1 rim (because rim too old not in market liao). My sports rim is those stock type one [laugh] . Just want to know if it's better to respray all 4 rims or accept $150 for the rim.

↡ Advertisement

Since old car already,get $600.00 cash & put in pocket better.

i think the offer is only for ONE rim ... so only get $150 as FNF settlement.

first ask yourself - is the rim current condition affecting you?

if yes - just respray but do keep in mind next time you may accidently kerb rash yourself too as such things do happens.

if no - take 150 lor.

first ask yourself - is the rim current condition affecting you?

if yes - just respray but do keep in mind next time you may accidently kerb rash yourself too as such things do happens.

if no - take 150 lor.

Yeah $150 only cos for 1 rim nia. $150 can buy stock sports rim meh? I agree rim will get scratch especially when parking near kerb.

Upon visual inspection the rim doesn't look warp just scratched. Anyway to tell if it's really ok?

if it's an old car, just take the money and live with the scratch la. chances ah, after a few months, with all the road works going on, you'll end up with some scratches again. cash is king bro!

if want to be sure can just go to any tire shop. ask them to help you see if the rim is warp. they probably charge you 20-30 bucks.

but either way you also will not be getting any replacement right?

I heard if rim warp will affect the driving. maybe other experienced bros can help advise.

if want to be sure can just go to any tire shop. ask them to help you see if the rim is warp. they probably charge you 20-30 bucks.

but either way you also will not be getting any replacement right?

I heard if rim warp will affect the driving. maybe other experienced bros can help advise.

Affect in what way? The car will be very wobbly?

if it's an old car, just take the money and live with the scratch la. chances ah, after a few months, with all the road works going on, you'll end up with some scratches again. cash is king bro!

I know but $150 nia leh, sort of rip off for a stock sports rim [:p]

Take the $600 lah...if rims only scratches....I think outside spray paint only $50 the most for 1 rim...

That's the market rate but now it's a matter to take $150 or respray all rims but don't take money.